Marijuana Edibles

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I'm wanting to make candy. So far, I've made almost a quart of tincture (Hey, I just followed the directions) and now I'm at the point where I need to come up with the strength I want.

There are instructions all over the place but I'm still stuck at the question of whether this tincture is right.

If this is not okay to discuss on this board, does anyone know of a board where it IS discussed?

TIA

What kind of candy? How much tincture, decarbed or raw weed and how much did you use? Vodka, ever clear or what liquor? I'm experienced....

I've seen recipes for using Jolly Rancher hard candy but I have a large amount of hard candy on hand. Clove and ginger flavors.

Followed directions in Cannabis for Dummies. I've got several other cannabis books but the Dummies series has never let me down on other subjects.

Oven 245 degrees, broke up the weed, spread it out on parchment paper. It was not ground to a powder.

After it cooled, I put it in a quart jar and filled that with vodka. Put the open jar in a pan of water (about half full) and simmered for about 30 minutes. I let that sit overnight and then strained it through muslin.

It has been in the refrigerator for a long time - 3-4 weeks. It that means its gone bad, I'll open my wrists because that's a lot of weed.

Last night, tossing and turning, it occured to me to try a couple of drops to see if it put me out. Smoking it does and not knowing just how strong my concoction is, that's what I did.

I haven't slept in 27 hours, thanks to work. I think if I ate one, I'd be fucking dazed and confused, more than I already am. Passed out on the floor, headphones blasting "Legalize Drugs and Murder", by Electric Wizard.

That's pretty much what smoking does to me but I'm not crazy about the smell, taste or feeling high. I'm really hoping to end up with hard candy that I can suck on while I read, turn of the light and fall asleep.

If I get way wrong, they'll find me sprawled across my bed, grinning and drooling.

What kind of work do you do that has you working more than 24 hours?

I typically use 2oz for each fifth of ever clear. Vodka works as well, but it is half water and that water must be accounted for in recipes. To use the tincture in hard candy you still need to evaporate the alcohol and to water, and mix it with the melted candy. At a rate of 2 oz per fifth, an oz of tincture has about 12 50mg doses. .
I would Suggest putting the hard candy in a pan and heating it, I don't know if a double boiler gets hot enough to melt the candy, it doesn't get hot enough to boil away the water from the vodka. I would just use a pan, medium heat, put it all in there and stir constantly until the alcohol evaps, the the water boils away. Then you ought to be able to pour it out and let it reharden, break into pieces ect.
I'll find the directions I gave a friend who I gave some tincture, maybe it will help. Next post....I'll post it

Gave some tincture to a friend, wrote this for him:

So, what the hell am I supposed to do with this bottle of cannabis tincture?

One oz,(a shot glass), has 12 strong doses of THC and CBD. You can ingest it like it is if you have a tolerance for alcohol. About 30cc,(half a standard eyedropper) is a good starting dose. Hard core stoners put it under the tongue. Add a half eyedropper to your martini(or other favorite cocktail). (My favorite is a dropper of tincture, a shot and a half of ouzo and 2 oz of ice water.)

You can put it anything that contains oil, sugar protein or alcohol. A shot glass in a half pound of ground beef- makes two quarter pound burgers. Careful with the grill, the alcohol will burn! Two shots in a pound of ground beef, along with the other ingredients, will make spaghetti and meatballs. To mask the taste, add more rosemary than normal.
Obviously the alcohol cooks away once the temperature is 168' or above. Cakes come out a little moist, cookies as well. An oz is about 12 doses. Do not cut down on other liquid added to recipes.
GUMMIES, sugar free
2 large boxes sugar free jello
8 packets unflavored gelatin
A total of three cups water, used in stages described below
A cup of tincture(8oz)
Directions:
Dissolve 1 box jello in a half cup cold water, add one cup tincture. Heat on low in 2qt saucepan, stirring constantly. The liquid in the pan will bubble, the smell of alcohol fills the air. When about two-thirds of the liquid boils away, the bubbling will stop. The alcohol will be gone at this point. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile; dissolve the remaining jello and all the gelatin in 2 cups of cold water.
Combine the dissolved gelatin and jello in the saucepan with the cannabis infused jello. Return to the heat, heat on low stirring constantly until a light foam appears on the surface. Do not boil.
Stir in the last half cup of cold water. Pour into lightly oiled glass or stainless steel cake pan. 9"x12" makes them about 1/2" thick, but any size works.
Chill in fridge over night, make sure the pan sits level. Cut into 50 pieces. Enjoy.

Its VERY helpful.

That I need to account for the water in the vodka - that never occurred to me.

One recipe said x amount of water, grind the candy up and melt it in the water, pour into a sheet or whatever. I may not have that exact and will do some searching before I try that.

How long can it sit in the refrigerator? Should I freeze what I'm not using or would that be even less stable? I have plenty of candy on hand so if I use all the tincture, how long would the candy last?

I'm thinking I'll make a small, test batch before any more decisions.

Thank a lot for this. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That's pretty much what smoking does to me but I'm not crazy about the smell, taste or feeling high. I'm really hoping to end up with hard candy that I can suck on while I read, turn of the light and fall asleep.

If I get way wrong, they'll find me sprawled across my bed, grinning and drooling.

What kind of work do you do that has you working more than 24 hours?

Well, I worked my regular 12 hour job last night, got off, and then worked with a power washer the rest of the day. Still up. Still playing games, still going to bed at ten.

seems weaksauce recipe....i would boil down the tincture a bit more ....and boil off the booze....but that is a great recipe....and its only as good as the flower you put into it

seems weaksauce recipe....i would boil down the tincture a bit more ....and boil off the booze....but that is a great recipe....and its only as good as the flower you put into it
The booze is supposed to extract the THC and heating is supposed to intensify the THC level but I never got it to work when I had a Bullet in the 1990s.

I've used three times as much, until there is little balls of oil in the finished gummies.
Herbals are nice, no set rules, adjust to your own taste. I usually make tincture with 2 oz of decarbed flower and an oz of raw to up the CBD content. But that raw flower always leaves oil balls behind.

I make mine to where you can experience tracers.
I've used three times as much, until there is little balls of oil in the finished gummies.
Herbals are nice, no set rules, adjust to your own taste. I usually make tincture with 2 oz of decarbed flower and an oz of raw to up the CBD content. But that raw flower always leaves oil balls behind.

I only make brownies and Chocolate chip cookies, uses about 5 to 9 grams decarboxylated, gut feel.

I buy these sometimes. O M G

Leafedin_nzNevcwVVgs2b7FHKJyL1jOkyi4C1MBvnACj49Pp.jpeg

Forum List

Back