Marco Rubio's Miami Church: Exorcisms, Creationism, Anti-Gay Policies

There are rumors about Rubio's personal life. For example:
  • Rumor Number One: Marco Rubio slept with a Tallahassee lobbyist, got her pregnant, and she had an abortion.
    Is this true? I have no idea. But I know that many reporters, both local and national, have attempted to run it down. I spoke to one of those reporters before the 2012 election, and he told me that "all parties" involved denied the story.
  • Rumor Number Two: Marco Rubio Has Fathered Two Children By a Woman Other Than His Wife.
    Is this true? I have no idea. But I know that many Democratic operatives in Florida have heard this story, and believe it. I've spoken to at least three of them, who said it goes like this: Rubio, who is married to a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader, has two children by another, different, former Miami Dolphins cheerleader. In the version of this rumor I heard, it's unclear whether these purported children were born before or after Rubio married his current wife. The children, the rumor goes, live in New York with their mother.
Here Are the Career-Ending Marco Rubio Rumors - BuzzFeed

• Rumor Number One: Marco Rubio slept with a Tallahassee lobbyist, got her pregnant, and she had an abortion.
    Is this true? I have no idea. But I know that many reporters, both local and national, have attempted to run it down. I spoke to one of those reporters before the 2012 election, and he told me that "all parties" involved denied the story.
  • Rumor Number Two: Marco Rubio Has Fathered Two Children By a Woman Other Than His Wife.
    Is this true? I have no idea. But I know that many Democratic operatives in Florida have heard this story, and believe it. I've spoken to at least three of them, who said it goes like this: Rubio, who is married to a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader, has two children by another, different, former Miami Dolphins cheerleader. In the version of this rumor I heard, it's unclear whether these purported children were born before or after Rubio married his current wife. The children, the rumor goes, live in New York with their mother.

Rumors are funny, yes??:lmao:

murder-scandal1.jpg

Damn, the democrat propaganda media is good. They had boots on the ground hours after Rubio announced his candidacy and we now know everything there is to know about Rubio's religious affiliation. Does anybody realize that we still don't know shit about the freaking president? His BC is locked up and his school records are in a vault and his parents have been nominated for sainthood while his mother might have been a sleazy hippie and his father was a communist anti-American bigamist alcoholic.

Damn, the democrat propaganda media is good. They had boots on the ground hours after Rubio announced his candidacy and we now know everything there is to know about Rubio's religious affiliation. Does anybody realize that we still don't know shit about the freaking president? His BC is locked up and his school records are in a vault and his parents have been nominated for sainthood while his mother might have been a sleazy hippie and his father was a communist anti-American bigamist alcoholic.

Funny. The boots were on the ground long before he announced his candidacy. Much more to come...

"Rubio’s statement undermines the social construct of a Hispanic group that bonds the disparate Latino groups. Many of the activist members of this group dismissed Rubio as a “gusano” – a worm or a maggot – a term popularly used to refer to reactionary Cuban exiles that came here during the 1960s."

Prior to his epiphany Rubio had no interest in Mexican or Latino immigrants; his sudden awakening and concern about immigration was kindled because of the strength of the Latino vote, and Mr. Rubio’s presidential aspirations. Based on his surname Rubio claims the right to take ownership of the issue, even though his base is the Tea Party and the far right of the Republican Party.

The Case of Marco Rubio CounterPunch Tells the Facts Names the Names

Did Rubio's pastor ever say "Goddamn America"?
Its funny watching libs trying vainly to smear GOP candidates by reliving Obama's first campaign.

The word you meant to use was lies the same type used by a Democratic Senate Majority Leader who on the Senate floor claimed a Republican running for President had not paid taxes for ten years. But since were posting Rumors (lies) about candidates I heard that Hillary is actually Bills long lost brother who ran away as a teen to have sex change operation and who then after seducing Bill blackmailed him into marrying him/her.

Junior U.S. Senator Marco Rubio has just thrown his hat into the ring and announced his bid for the presidency. Since Rubio made a point of discussing, at length, his religious beliefs in his 2012 memoir An American Son: A Memoir, it seems fair to have a look. Following his announcement, LGBT rights media have showcased Rubio's lengthy record of anti-gay statements and rhetoric (see 1, 2) but there's a broader pattern.

Among Rubio's two main religious influences, Catholic Church doctrine is a matter of public record. But an investigation of Rubio's Miami Baptist megachurch reveals, notably, an anti-homosexual hiring policy, the promotion of demonology and exorcism, Young Earth creationism, and denial of evolution.

Marco Rubio's walk with God has been meandering and, some might say, fickle. As a child Rubio, who was baptized Catholic, made a brief but fervent conversion to Mormonism. His switch to the Church of the Latter Day Saints lasted three years.

As an adult, from 2000 to 2004 Rubio took a detour from his Catholic roots to exclusively attend Miami's Christ Fellowship, a Southern Baptist megachurch to which Rubio has given at least $50,000.

Now straddling both Christ Fellowship and the Catholic Church, Marco Rubio seems positioned to appeal both to conservative Catholics but also the anti-LGBT, demon-casting, creationist segment of the Protestant evangelical right.

Though he's now primarily and "firmly" Catholic, Rubio has recently told Religion News Service reporter Sarah Pulliam-Bailey that he has "maintained the relationship with Christ Fellowship" and often attends services at the church.

During his Protestant years, Rubio revealed in his 2012 memoir, he nonetheless "craved, literally, the Most Blessed Sacrament, Holy Communion" (of the Catholic Church.) So, the rising GOP star found a practical, buffet-style solution. Rubio divulged that on Saturday nights he brings his family to worship at Christ Fellowship, and on Sunday the Rubio family attends St. Louis Catholic Church.

Christ Fellowship requires prospective employees to sign the following sexual purity oath:

"I hereby certify that I am a Christian, not a practicing homosexual in accordance with scriptures (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9-10, I Timothy 1:10)"​

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version) reads, "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." Leviticus 20:13 (NIV) is harsher: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Much More: Marco Rubio's Miami Church: Exorcisms, Creationism, Anti-Gay Policies - Bruce Wilson

Holy shit, you really must read the entire article. Rubio is a very confused little puppy.
And? Most people flip flop around trying to find their path. At least his church doesn't have ol Rev Wright at the helm screaming about horrible the USA.

Ahhaaa Marco has fakehota scared.....ahhaaaaaaaaaaa

I heard a rumor too...Lakhota was running through a buffalo heard and tripped but a bull was behind him and when he fell the bull butt rammed him so hard it resulted in damage to Lakhota's brain stem. Funny thing about rumor's anyone can make one up.

Since the Right went after Obama's church with a vengeance, no one should be whining when a Republican candidate's faith and church are examined.

But of course they will whine. Because they are hypocrites.

All those measuring sticks you rubes have been wielding all these years are now going to start whipping back into your own faces.

God help a Republican President who golfs...

Junior U.S. Senator Marco Rubio has just thrown his hat into the ring and announced his bid for the presidency. Since Rubio made a point of discussing, at length, his religious beliefs in his 2012 memoir An American Son: A Memoir, it seems fair to have a look. Following his announcement, LGBT rights media have showcased Rubio's lengthy record of anti-gay statements and rhetoric (see 1, 2) but there's a broader pattern.

Among Rubio's two main religious influences, Catholic Church doctrine is a matter of public record. But an investigation of Rubio's Miami Baptist megachurch reveals, notably, an anti-homosexual hiring policy, the promotion of demonology and exorcism, Young Earth creationism, and denial of evolution.

Marco Rubio's walk with God has been meandering and, some might say, fickle. As a child Rubio, who was baptized Catholic, made a brief but fervent conversion to Mormonism. His switch to the Church of the Latter Day Saints lasted three years.

As an adult, from 2000 to 2004 Rubio took a detour from his Catholic roots to exclusively attend Miami's Christ Fellowship, a Southern Baptist megachurch to which Rubio has given at least $50,000.

Now straddling both Christ Fellowship and the Catholic Church, Marco Rubio seems positioned to appeal both to conservative Catholics but also the anti-LGBT, demon-casting, creationist segment of the Protestant evangelical right.

Though he's now primarily and "firmly" Catholic, Rubio has recently told Religion News Service reporter Sarah Pulliam-Bailey that he has "maintained the relationship with Christ Fellowship" and often attends services at the church.

During his Protestant years, Rubio revealed in his 2012 memoir, he nonetheless "craved, literally, the Most Blessed Sacrament, Holy Communion" (of the Catholic Church.) So, the rising GOP star found a practical, buffet-style solution. Rubio divulged that on Saturday nights he brings his family to worship at Christ Fellowship, and on Sunday the Rubio family attends St. Louis Catholic Church.

Christ Fellowship requires prospective employees to sign the following sexual purity oath:

"I hereby certify that I am a Christian, not a practicing homosexual in accordance with scriptures (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9-10, I Timothy 1:10)"​

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version) reads, "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." Leviticus 20:13 (NIV) is harsher: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Much More: Marco Rubio's Miami Church: Exorcisms, Creationism, Anti-Gay Policies - Bruce Wilson

Holy shit, you really must read the entire article. Rubio is a very confused little puppy.
It would be wrong to hold the policies of a candidate's church against him. Right, RWrs?

Forum List

Back