Marco Rubio - just another GObP idiot

Thanks for pointing me to the right part in the interview, I thought it was about abortion.

As for whether Obama said the same thing as Rubio -- I don't think so. Obama makes it pretty clear from the start that he does not believe that 6 days in the Bible mean literally six 24-hour days. Later he goes on to say that he believes in evolution and that he does not think that science is incompatible with Christian faith.

As an atheist I think his answer was pretty lame, I believe science makes any religion less believable, not more. But Obama was pretty clear that he accepts scientific view of the world, including Earth being billions years old.

Rubio makes the same statement Obama did

No, he did not. Rubio said he does not know how old Earth is. Obama said that he believes in evolution and everything else that is science.

Rubio said the age of the Earth is irrelevant to a discussion about economics. Unless you have a problem with that fucking statement you are an idiot for even discussing what he said.

It was about the question on whether "life" begins at conception, and if not -- when. That question science does not attempt to answer.

Rubio represents a party that rejects any evidence, no matter how compelling, if it contradicts their views -- be it about geology, or about economy. Their willful ignorance has practical consequences.

Your last diatribe is nothing more then a liberal story line. Here is Obama's answer to the same question, you tell me the difference. BTW you need to go to the 9:11 minute mark of the video to see the following:

Q: Senator, if one of your daughters asked you—and maybe they already have—“Daddy, did god really create the world in 6 days?,” what would you say?

A: What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live—that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know.

Thanks for pointing me to the right part in the interview, I thought it was about abortion.

As for whether Obama said the same thing as Rubio -- I don't think so. Obama makes it pretty clear from the start that he does not believe that 6 days in the Bible mean literally six 24-hour days. Later he goes on to say that he believes in evolution and that he does not think that science is incompatible with Christian faith.

As an atheist I think his answer was pretty lame, I believe science makes any religion less believable, not more. But Obama was pretty clear that he accepts scientific view of the world, including Earth being billions years old.

Where in that interview does he say that the Earth is billions of years old? We believe that the Earth is billions of years old because our understanding of the science today indicates that. But we must assume that the understanding is completely correct.

Where did Rubio say he did not believe in Evolutionary theory? For that matter where does Obama say, in this interview, that he does?

Slate isn't exactly a rightwing rag and they certainly do not give Rubio a pass, nor Obama as most on this board are trying to do. The truth is that Obama can say just about anything he wants about religion and the left knows he is just playing to those who really do have religion. They know, as witnessed here, he really doesn't believe it he is just doing EXACTLY what they accuse Rubio of doing, or worse.

From the SLATE article:

1) Both senators refuse to give an honest answer to the question. Neither deigns to mention that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old.

2) They both go so far as to disqualify themselves from even pronouncing an opinion. I'm not a scientist, says Rubio. I don’t presume to know, says Obama.

3) That's because they both agree that the question is a tough one, and subject to vigorous debate. I think there are multiple theories out there on how this universe was created, says Rubio. I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part, says Obama.

4) Finally they both profess confusion over whether the Bible should be taken literally. Maybe the "days" in Genesis were actual eras, says Rubio. They might not have been standard 24-hour days, says Obama.

Rubio doesn't have the support of most of the latin demographic, and maybe half of the Cuban.

Forum List

Back