Many slaves sold into bondage before winding up in the US were sold by other blacks.

I dont blame any white people of today responsible. But the fool I replied tried to lessen what white Americans of the past did.

Nope. Did no such thing. It's just your bigotry and bias (not to mention stupidity) shining through.

So you should make your posts clearly reflecting dead peoples deeds....NOT the living.

Against destroying historical items, against art being destroyed, against hiding history we don't like. against doing any thing while under the influence of mass hysteria .

So I'm guessing black history month is going to have to be removed? How bout MLK memorials? Rosa Parks?

I mean there is nothing but pain when the past is considered right? If we're going to condemn all things deemed hateful who will be the arbiter of what is or isn't hurtful? Where does the line get drawn?

Sex slaves are prominent in Mexico & Asian cultures. Do we now ban their culture or any signs that remind us of that terrible aspect of their criminal underground.

Does Mount Rushmore get sand blasted?

Where does it stop?

But does any leader with a right mind showed support to hate groups?

Are you saying that a boy president showed support to hate groups like NEO NAZIS, KKK, Alt-right is acceptable?

Comparing Gen. Robert Lee to George Washington is purely idiotic, ignorant and stupidity.

MLK and Rosa Parks fought racism. Racism is EVIL.

Against destroying historical items, against art being destroyed, against hiding history we don't like. against doing any thing while under the influence of mass hysteria .

I don't agree with that. I think Nazi Germany was fine removing the memorbilia that celebrated Hitler as a hero to the people. I think taking Bill Cosby and OJ Simpson's names off of things is ok.

Now I do agree that we shouldn't destroy these statues. I don't think that statues celebrating a rebellion for the perpetuity of slavery that were put up mostly as a division during the civil rights era belong on federal property though.

Someone here made another astute observation today.......

ISIS also tears down statues and monuments......anyone see a similarity?

Removing symbols of hate is different from ISIS ideology.
Let say as an example------ If your parents was abused or worst then that persons picture or monument posted in your school, courts or parks.
How would you feel? Is that acceptable to you?

Those monuments are being used by hate groups as a symbol of power of white piece of shit supremacy. That's the other problem. Hate groups are evil.

Terrorist uses car to kill people like white nationalists.

Many slaves sold into bondage before winding up in the US were sold by other blacks.

So Republicans are saying they don't have to be better than slave holders. Course, I've known that about them for a long time. No matter how low they sink, their one excuse is that someone, somewhere was worse.

And your point being? It is well know blacks owned slaves. Slavery was a part of many cultures around the world. But it's still wrong and shouldn't be praised. Just because other cultures enslaved others, it doesn't lessen Americas slave past.

And yet the Black community, many of which are descendent of the Black African profiteers and Owners are somehow outraged at the white man that it happened?

Good God, how friggin stupid is that?

That was very stupid post.

During that period ALL I mean all Americans that can afford to buy and sell slaves was the cool thing to do. But when it was abolished it died down.

BUT ------- Gen. Robert Lee was Confederate Army general fought hard to keep SLAVERY legal even after the civil war. Making sure blacks do not have rights, should only be slaves and dedicated to ONLY white supremacy.
That is the only reason why these evil hate groups like NEO Nazi, KKK, Alt rights idolized. That you support.

That's the difference.

The bottom line our president is incompetent.

And your point being? It is well know blacks owned slaves. Slavery was a part of many cultures around the world. But it's still wrong and shouldn't be praised. Just because other cultures enslaved others, it doesn't lessen Americas slave past.

And yet the Black community, many of which are descendent of the Black African profiteers and Owners are somehow outraged at the white man that it happened?

During that period ALL I mean all Americans that can afford to buy and sell slaves was the cool thing to do. But when it was abolished it died down.

BUT ------- Gen. Robert Lee was Confederate Army general fought hard to keep SLAVERY legal even after the civil war. Making sure blacks do not have rights, should only be slaves and dedicated to ONLY white supremacy.
That is the only reason why these evil hate groups like NEO Nazi, KKK, Alt rights idolized. That you support.

That's the difference.

That was not at all Lee's position... he even deemed slavery a "moral and political evil in any country" in a letter to his wife.

That was not at all Lee's position... he even deemed slavery a "moral and political evil in any country" in a letter to his wife.

You kinda took out the context there to make it seem like he personally called slavery that. He said " There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. "

He followed that up with "I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence. Their emancipation will sooner result from the mild & melting influence of Christianity, than the storms & tempests of fiery Controversy."

So his argument was that while slavery was bad for white people, it is good for blacks, and abolishing it is bad.

So what you are saying is he wasn't a psycopath. Using that in the actual definition of the term. He realized what he was doing was bad.

That's the difference.

And............

Lee has nothing to fight for if Blacks weren't selling Blacks to the highest bidder.

Simple enough for ya.

Pop23 sees all blacks as the same, but he doesn't see his own racism.

Pretty typical of his type I suppose.

Prove it dumbass.

Saying that Blacks were selling other blacks into slavery is not racist, its fact.

A racist is one who exploits facts, not one that states facts

Guess that makes you the racist.

You a fascist as well? Wouldn't doubt that at all.

Prove it dumbass.

Saying that Blacks were selling other blacks into slavery is not racist, its fact.

So if someone was to say that "History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves." but unable to prove it that would be racist? Got it.

Prove it dumbass.

Isn't that what you're doing, exploiting that fact?

In fact, that fact is only used to excuse slavery in the first place.

Prove it dumbass.

So if someone was to say that "History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves." but unable to prove it that would be racist? Got it.

Nope Son, what I stated is statistically true. Prove me wrong if you can.

Oh dear, you can't.

You are dismissed.

Pop kinda accidently walked himself into calling himself racist. Whoops!

Prove it dumbass.

No, first a Black man sold another black man into slavery.

No excuse, simply fact.

Forum List

Back