Many of you agree with what this woman stupidly did

A makeshift sign used to warn drivers of a speed trap landed a Houston woman in jail last week
Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap With Makeshift Sign

View attachment 19916

And many of you stupidly CHEER her!
AND those of you that stupidly cheer her ALSO want a law to stop "texting while driving"!

Both actions the people that are speeding and people that are texting and driving are both stupid and we keep applauding the stupidity by warning people!

This was so stupid. The point of speed zones is because stupid people can't seem to understand that if you drive FASTER then the speed limit chances are YOU will have an accident RIGHT? But idiots don't seem to understand the simplicity of driving the speed limit not only keeps you from being stopped BUT may keep you alive!
Yet idiots LIKE her and those of you that applaud her are the FIRST to want MORE govt.!
Case in point I would assume by her STUPIDITY she favors Obamacare.
And those of you like her SEEM totally OBLIVIOUS to the $100 billion a year that Obamacare will cause the Federal/state/local and even your property tax coffers!
Obama hates any companies that make profits WITHOUT understanding profits mean
jobs, which pay taxes which runs the governments!
But Obama doesn't want profits. He doesn't understand capitalism so he hates it!

So this woman who evidently doesn't UNDERSTAND the reason for the speed zone so too probably thinks all the Obamacare is going to just get money from the rich!

You stupid people that agree with this woman ... I truly feel sorry for you!

If you ever wonder what someone means when they are talking about a strawman fallacy, the OP is a classic example.

First off, this is the dumbest thing in the world to try and turn a warning about a speed trap into a partisan issue. Calm the fuck down beavis, Obama didn't have a fucking thing to do with this. This has got to be the dumbest point I have seen on this site.

Your second really fucking stupid move is to compare speeding laws with texting and driving. Most speed traps have little to nothing to do with safety. They have to do with revenue for the town. Aside from places where people may be in the road, or bad weather most speed traps are just that, a trap. Highway speed limits were set to lower gas consumption during gas shortages than the actual safe speed for traveling on a highway. Yes there are physical points where speed becomes dangerous, but speed limits are way below the physical speeds which a car can handle on the road. I agree with speed limits in work zones because some of those guys can lose oncentration about the rad, but there is no need for a 30 mile workzone where less than 100 yards is people working. That is just a town generating money by doubling speeding fines.

Texting while driving is a legitimate problem while driving. I don't care how capable you say you are with texting or driving, or to hear the lie that you only do it at red lights. If you do it you fuck up. You do, and you cannot admit it like a drunk. Only difference is unlike a drunk who is stupid because of a drug, you are naturally too stupid to drive. They should treat texting while driving just as bad as DWI. There is no legitimate reason why texts are so important people have to take them while they are driving. There is nothing in your life so desperate that it needs to be answered right then with a text. Hell, anything in life so desperate it has to be answered right then doesn't get sent in a text. texts are for things that can wait. It is the nature of the medium. If you are that important to need texts while driving you are important enough to take a cab or get a driver and a limo. if you cannot afford them you certainly have nothing in your life that pressing.

Anyway, I still do not see what this has to do with obama.

I guess freedom of speech is out too.

Sad to know the OP can't stand it.

NEVER said she didn't have the right to show her stupidity!
NOR do you not have the right to show you totally have NO clue what I was pointing out and sad you are a perfect example!

You probably drive the speed limit ONLY because YOU don't want to get stopped!
NOT because it makes good common sense! Not because it is logical and responsible
to drive the speed limit.... NO you like this stupid woman and millions like you HATE the cops and don't want to do the "golden rule" do unto others as you would have others do unto you!
You would drive 50mph in a 30mph zone IF there were no law showing you that common sense is 30 mph! No idiots like you think those speeding laws were JUST Made up !
Idiot... it is a fundamental law of physics you can't stop your car in a 30mph zone if driving 50mph and a kid darts out from behind a car!
DEATH is pretty permanent!

Healthmyths.....

You should stick to straight up bullshit threads. The ones where you expose your convoluted reasoning skills will draw ire from even the most ardent nutters here.

Even insanely partisan people have some standards.

Last edited:
What makes you assume that those opposed to texting while driving would not be in favor of sped limit enforcement? Sounds counter-intuitive. Got a cite for this "insight"? :eusa_eh:

OK let me state it again!
Going the speed limit is NOT because it is the LAW and you only obey the law!
Going the speed limit is because you can't stop your car at 50mph in a 30mph if a kid darts out !
Maybe another way.. I heard a radio personality say "well if they make it a law not to text while driving, I guess I'll obey the law"! DUH!!!!!!

Common sense folks would require LESS LAWS because we have more people without ANY common sense like YOU can't stop your car quick enough because the time you take your eyes off the phone you've traveled in a 30mph zone 300 feet by the time you see the kid!

See people like you and many like you say well that should be taught in driver's ed!
DUH... YES but we as a society have spent more on educating "global warming" then we do on common sense like every day kids should be taught simple examples of law of physics as they relate to common sense and every day living!

First off, this is the dumbest thing in the world to try and turn a warning about a speed trap into a partisan issue. Calm the fuck down beavis, Obama didn't have a fucking thing to do with this. This has got to be the dumbest point I have seen on this site.

Your second really fucking stupid move is to compare speeding laws with texting and driving. Most speed traps have little to nothing to do with safety. They have to do with revenue for the town. Aside from places where people may be in the road, or bad weather most speed traps are just that, a trap. Highway speed limits were set to lower gas consumption during gas shortages than the actual safe speed for traveling on a highway. Yes there are physical points where speed becomes dangerous, but speed limits are way below the physical speeds which a car can handle on the road. I agree with speed limits in work zones because some of those guys can lose oncentration about the rad, but there is no need for a 30 mile workzone where less than 100 yards is people working. That is just a town generating money by doubling speeding fines.

Texting while driving is a legitimate problem while driving. I don't care how capable you say you are with texting or driving, or to hear the lie that you only do it at red lights. If you do it you fuck up. You do, and you cannot admit it like a drunk. Only difference is unlike a drunk who is stupid because of a drug, you are naturally too stupid to drive. They should treat texting while driving just as bad as DWI. There is no legitimate reason why texts are so important people have to take them while they are driving. There is nothing in your life so desperate that it needs to be answered right then with a text. Hell, anything in life so desperate it has to be answered right then doesn't get sent in a text. texts are for things that can wait. It is the nature of the medium. If you are that important to need texts while driving you are important enough to take a cab or get a driver and a limo. if you cannot afford them you certainly have nothing in your life that pressing.

Anyway, I still do not see what this has to do with obama.

First of all speed trap or not there is a reason for the speed limit! Obviously idiots like you think though all speed zones are there JUST to raise money! There have been thousands of studies done showing the physics that if you drive at 50 mph in a 30 mph zone YOU won't be able to stop your car! That's the point!

So too with "text while driving laws"! Stupid idiots that don't comprehend you can't text and drive should NOT be allowed to drive! And that is done at the time the license is given!
For example when was the last time you took a driver's test? It's the same now as when you were 15 70 years ago!
There are more sophisticated video games then the testing done today i.e. NONE requiring people to frequently review the physics of driving!

My point is "common sense" is missing in so much of our society that when a member like this idiot warns others about a "speed" trap idiots like you applaud her!
How stupid is it to encourage people to break the law! She's telling people go through this area at higher speeds other times but today you'll get caught!
NOT telling people "don't speed because you'll have an accident and a kid will die!

Speed limits have their purpose. 20 mph in a school zone does not mean you can go 40 and run over kids because you cannot stop.

Warning fellow drivers about speed traps is nothing new. Truckers have been doing it for years on the CB's and usually the locals know where the traps are set.

But you can compare this to a gang-banger in hallway yelling "pigs" into his phone and getting busted being a lookout.

eeh,hippies,cops,hippie,pigs,police-76d84d127836383d3da870164f091628_h.jpg

Sad to know the OP can't stand it.

They actually arrested her for "standing in the street where a sidewalk is present."

They knew there was no way to pop her for the sign or warning motorists of the speed trap.

She was actually arrested for other charges which subsequently had to be dropped. The charges are total bullshit.

Speed traps, radar, and speeding tickets are all designed to get people to slow down.

Warning people about them accomplishes the same goal...

...people slow down when they see the warning.

Sasd to know the OP can't stand it.

Pretty sure Free Speech does not allow you to Interfere with Policy trying to do their Jobs and Keep us Safe. In Fact I am pretty sure one of the rare times you don't have totally Free Speech, is when that speech may endanger the Public. You know the whole yelling fire in a Crowded theater argument.

Well one could make that same Argument here. By doing what she is doing, she is making the Job of the Police More Difficult, Which means less Safe Roads.

Just sayin

You lost me... So if someone is speeding past my house and I say "Slow down" you believe I should be arrested? That would be no different, at all.

NO she was interfering with police trying to capture speeders that evidently like most people who sympathized with her total ignore the point of speed zones!!

I'm going to share a secret here... THE reason why there are speed zones IS NOT to collect fines nor is it to get people to obey the law.
NO the reason is the LAW of PHysics says you can't stop your car in a 30mph zone when a kid darts out and you are driving 50mph!

Why are you so angry health? Your posts seem very hostile tonight.

Never hostile but find even you not understanding that "common sense" should be the rule rather then exception!
Common sense tells most people with common sense that you don't text and drive... yet idiots are asking for a law! There is a law but evidently it isn't be taught!
Called "common sense" that you can't stop your car quick enough if you've been looking at your cell phone!

All the laws in the world are still not as efficient as laws of physics and that's what should be taught... you can't break the laws of physics!

Sometimes speed traps are an unfair source of revenue for municipalities so people get annoyed and take matters into their own hands. It's no big deal but thanks to the internet it becomes what we used to call a "federal case".

Your operative word "sometimes"!
But you see many people sympathize with this woman because THEY break the law if there were no policemen around!
And that's the stupidity! Why don't we spend the same amount of time and money we spend on "global warming" on "common sense"? I.e. why can't we show kids from pre-school that laws of physics can never be broken! When kids are shown frequently (again kids getting global warming evangelising )as global warming how you can't stop a car in 30mph zone that is going 50mph maybe we wouldn't need a cop on every corner!

If her sign convinced speeding motorists to slow the fuck down, she may have even saved some lives.

You f...king missed the POINT!!!
Why in the hell do idiots have to be scared of being stopped slows them down?
My point is the laws of physics evidently have NOT been pounded into idiots heads that you can't stop a car going 50 mph in a 30mph zone when a kid darts out!

Again.. the point.. we need MORE education on the laws of physics , the golden rule and
how these are practical cost saving, life saving reasons NOT to speed for example, or why one shouldn't take out a loan you can't pay back as an example of the golden rule!
Consider if there were NOT laws that Citibank was afraid they may have broken then the 1995 ACORN Community Reinvestment Act would not have encouraged people to make unqualified loans and part of this financial mess wouldn't have occurred.. again the "golden rule"!

So this woman who evidently doesn't UNDERSTAND the reason for the speed zone so too probably thinks all the Obamacare is going to just get money from the rich!

You stupid people that agree with this woman ... I truly feel sorry for you!
Speed Traps aren't set up to keep us safe, they're set up to generate money for the City. That's all.

I ALWAYS flash my lights when I see a speed trap.

Forum List

Back