Many of you agree with what this woman stupidly did

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
A makeshift sign used to warn drivers of a speed trap landed a Houston woman in jail last week
Woman Arrested For Warning Drivers Of Speed Trap With Makeshift Sign

$womanwarnsspeeders.jpg

And many of you stupidly CHEER her!
AND those of you that stupidly cheer her ALSO want a law to stop "texting while driving"!

Both actions the people that are speeding and people that are texting and driving are both stupid and we keep applauding the stupidity by warning people!

This was so stupid. The point of speed zones is because stupid people can't seem to understand that if you drive FASTER then the speed limit chances are YOU will have an accident RIGHT? But idiots don't seem to understand the simplicity of driving the speed limit not only keeps you from being stopped BUT may keep you alive!
Yet idiots LIKE her and those of you that applaud her are the FIRST to want MORE govt.!
Case in point I would assume by her STUPIDITY she favors Obamacare.
And those of you like her SEEM totally OBLIVIOUS to the $100 billion a year that Obamacare will cause the Federal/state/local and even your property tax coffers!
Obama hates any companies that make profits WITHOUT understanding profits mean
jobs, which pay taxes which runs the governments!
But Obama doesn't want profits. He doesn't understand capitalism so he hates it!

So this woman who evidently doesn't UNDERSTAND the reason for the speed zone so too probably thinks all the Obamacare is going to just get money from the rich!

You stupid people that agree with this woman ... I truly feel sorry for you!

A makeshift sign used to warn drivers of a speed trap landed a Houston woman in jail last week

View attachment 19916

AND those of you that stupidly cheer her ALSO want a law to stop "texting while driving"!

Both actions the people that are speeding and people that are texting and driving are both stupid and we keep applauding the stupidity by warning people!

This was so stupid. The point of speed zones is because stupid people can't seem to understand that if you drive FASTER then the speed limit chances are YOU will have an accident RIGHT? But idiots don't seem to understand the simplicity of driving the speed limit not only keeps you from being stopped BUT may keep you alive!
Yet idiots LIKE her and those of you that applaud her are the FIRST to want MORE govt.!
And those of you like her SEEM totally OBLIVIOUS to the $100 billion a year that Obamacare will cause the Federal/state/local and even your property tax coffers!
But Obama doesn't want profits. He doesn't understand capitalism so he hates it!

So this woman who evidently doesn't UNDERSTAND the reason for the speed zone so too probably thinks all the Obamacare is going to just get money from the rich!

Connecting dots that only exist in your imagination again?

You have zero evidense to back up any of the lame points you are trying to make.

Post links or quotes or stop wasting the time of USMB members.

What makes you assume that those opposed to texting while driving would not be in favor of sped limit enforcement? Sounds counter-intuitive. Got a cite for this "insight"? :eusa_eh:

View attachment 19916

Most ridiculous thread I've read in,... hours,..and that is saying something.

I guess freedom of speech is out too.

Sasd to know the OP can't stand it.

Pretty sure Free Speech does not allow you to Interfere with Policy trying to do their Jobs and Keep us Safe. In Fact I am pretty sure one of the rare times you don't have totally Free Speech, is when that speech may endanger the Public. You know the whole yelling fire in a Crowded theater argument.

Well one could make that same Argument here. By doing what she is doing, she is making the Job of the Police More Difficult, Which means less Safe Roads.

Just sayin

Sad to know the OP can't stand it.

They actually arrested her for "standing in the street where a sidewalk is present."

They knew there was no way to pop her for the sign or warning motorists of the speed trap.

Pretty sure Free Speech does not allow you to Interfere with Policy trying to do their Jobs and Keep us Safe. In Fact I am pretty sure one of the rare times you don't have totally Free Speech, is when that speech may endanger the Public. You know the whole yelling fire in a Crowded theater argument.

Well one could make that same Argument here. By doing what she is doing, she is making the Job of the Police More Difficult, Which means less Safe Roads.

Just sayin

You lost me... So if someone is speeding past my house and I say "Slow down" you believe I should be arrested? That would be no different, at all.

Just sayin

See the link in post #3...

Sad to know the OP can't stand it.

They actually arrested her for "standing in the street where a sidewalk is present."

They knew there was no way to pop her for the sign or warning motorists of the speed trap.

Well I didn't bother to read the artical, the OP didn't make it an issue about where she was standing but what she was doing.

She shouldn't have been standing on the side of the road with a paper sign, as its distracting to the other drivers. But I have no issue at all with cars flashing their lights at approaching cars to warn of a speed trap, or idle cop car.

Its actually illegal to do that here in Australia, but most of us do it anyway. Many people believe that speed cameras are only to raise money, as most of the people booked for speeding weren't driving in excess of 5ks over the limit.

Yes, it is stupid to speed, but no one should be fined for going a couple of ks over the limit, and the speed cameras/traps are set up in certain places, places where it is more likely you will speed - such as in the middle of a steep downslope. Your car will speed up unless you ride the brakes, and this is exactly where those cameras are positioned.

Let me see here...she is "stupid" and who agrees with her? Please. Cops need to balance the needs of the public with generating revenue. Whilst a cop sit out there on a radar trap, some creep is really hurting someone. I hate speeders. But they are the least of our problems right now. So whilst that same cop sits trapping speeders, how many rapist, muggers and thieves are getting away scot free? Who is being stupid here? Makes me sick. Speeders can be pretty egregious, and they need to be caught and punished. That gal is wasting her time, but it it's HER time and doesn't cost the public a dime. The Police, in most cases, are just obsessing on catching speeders. We pay cops to protect the community, not play games or make money for the local economy.

I never flash my lights to warn someone I don't know about a speed trap, but that's only because I know the cops have quotas to fill and if they nab that guy, it means they're less likely to nab me.

On the other hand, I do flash my lights on occasion (when no cop is present) simply to get some speeding jackass to slow down.

Sometimes speed traps are an unfair source of revenue for municipalities so people get annoyed and take matters into their own hands. It's no big deal but thanks to the internet it becomes what we used to call a "federal case".

I never flash my lights to warn someone I don't know about a speed trap, but that's only because I know the cops have quotas to fill and if they nab that guy, it means they're less likely to nab me.

But if you are not speeding, they would have no reason to nab you...

View attachment 19916

She doesn't have a First Amendment right to hold that sign up?

Forum List

Back