Mandate Electric Cars to save the environment.

Like I said if you replace just ONE of your houshold cars with plug in electric we could eliminate our dependency on oil. You can keep your truck AND your boat I don't much give a shit if you do but if you replace your COMMUTER car with a plug in electric you can save money AND oil. Fully 80% of dialy commuters can use a plug in electric for their daily commute so what is your problem with that.

Like I said if you replace just ONE of your houshold cars with plug in electric we could eliminate our dependency on oil. You can keep your truck AND your boat I don't much give a shit if you do but if you replace your COMMUTER car with a plug in electric you can save money AND oil. Fully 80% of dialy commuters can use a plug in electric for their daily commute so what is your problem with that.
what if you only have one?

Sweet boat by the way. But can you tell me why you would be opposed to at least replacing ONE of your cars if the cost for a nice sedan was say $30k? Electrics have 100% torque from 0 RPM. They are quick as hell for their size = FUN TO DRIVE. Let's say it has a 100 mile range which is MORE than enough for most commutes. Would you have a problem with that? Note that I am a gear head...I LIKE to drive fast but when I am in my wife's Passat I drive VERY mellow because it has an instant trip computer.

I drive a Pontiac Grand Am GT. 3.4 liter V-6. Not a super car by any means but it gets up and goes. If Tesla came to me RIGHT NOW and wanted me to Beta test the new Tesla S I would do it in a HEARTBEAT even if I knew there may be problems that need to be ironed out.
hell, i would too
LOL
as long as the car was free
i'd prefer it be an SUV though(2 door)
we get snow up here and need the extra traction
also, how will those batteries respond in the sub zero temps we get in Jan and Feb?

And by the way was that a swipe at my POS Pontiac? The thing is I OWN it outright as I do my wife's Passat so I am not too keen on a car payment at least till I graduate and find out that even University grads can go unemployed.
not at all
you drive what you can afford

Hey, clueless moron. The thread isn't about buying a EV as a novelty or a toy. It's about the government MANDATING them.

Try to keep up.

Sweet boat by the way. But can you tell me why you would be opposed to at least replacing ONE of your cars if the cost for a nice sedan was say $30k? Electrics have 100% torque from 0 RPM. They are quick as hell for their size = FUN TO DRIVE. Let's say it has a 100 mile range which is MORE than enough for most commutes. Would you have a problem with that?
Why? They are NOT carbon negative, or even carbon neutral. They're a "feel good" deal, not anything that actually helps the environment.

All can see now why you skipped my post above, >here<

Because your posts are predicated on flaws and outright LIES!! So they have BATTERIES.....Batteries can be recycled. Oh and guess what you almost surely have at least TWO items that are powered by rechageable batteries. Maybe you should have your cell phone plugged into an extension cord.
I never really knocked the batteries. I guess you either cannot read or refuse to do so.

Last edited:
Oh let me guess your argument is about WHERE they get the power to RECHARGE? The IC engine is one of the LEAST efficient ways to use fossil fuels and most of the cars would charge during NON-PEAK hours so don't even TRY to bring up the BS that they will crash the grid. Oh and one more thing.....When I advocate for plug in electrics I ALSO advocate for nuclear power.

Oh let me guess your argument is about WHERE they get the power to RECHARGE? The IC engine is one of the LEAST efficient ways to use fossil fuels and most of the cars would charge during NON-PEAK hours so don't even TRY to bring up the BS that they will crash the grid. Oh and one more thing.....When I advocate for plug in electrics I ALSO advocate for nuclear power.
Why don't you just read my post I linked you to, quote it, and respond to it point by point?

I never said anything about "crashing the grid."

Now you're 0 for five!

And no I don't agree with them being mandated but I think that they are the ONLY way we will get off of fossile fuels before they run out completely. Fossil fuels are a FINITE source. Wind, tidal, geo, solar, hydro and to a degree nuclear are INFINITE SOURCES of power.

And no I don't agree with them being mandated but I think that they are the ONLY way we will get off of fossile fuels before they run out completely. Fossil fuels are a FINITE source. Wind, tidal, geo, solar, hydro and to a degree nuclear are INFINITE SOURCES of power.
What will eventually happen is what's always happened -- the free market will provide an economical and efficient solution to energy problems, IF the government will stay out of the way.

I'd start right now by the way, with requiring "country of origin" labels on gas pumps. So we in the marketplace can choose not to buy gasoline that comes from oil from countries who don't like us. We have such labels on our food now, we need it for gasoline.

This will most probably do more to spur the market for an alternative then anything else that can be done, while bankrupting our enemies.

Forum List

Back