Mandate Electric Cars to save the environment.

You're aware that IC engines in cars are the least efficient use of fossil fuels right?

And yet you ignore the4 fact that over half of all electricity produced in the US is produced using fossil fuels. Go figure.

Well there is fossil fuels for powerplants which are highly efficient at turning fossil fuels into electricity or we can burn fossil fuel in IC vehicles which are highly INefficient.

O.K. I'll give you the BOOOSH thing although I worked in the auto industry at the time and Boosh sure as hell wasn't breaking any speed records to try to get rid of it.

Oh and let's see as far as HP and TORQUE go you should look up electric drag race....Watch PLUG IN ELECTRICS shred the IC competition.

O.K. I'll give you the BOOOSH thing although I worked in the auto industry at the time and Boosh sure as hell wasn't breaking any speed records to try to get rid of it.
You're like, only 15 or so, correct? It shows. You blamed Boooosh for something the Congress in the 80s did, and only Congress could ever UN do. You realize that?
Oh and let's see as far as HP and TORQUE go you should look up electric drag race....Watch PLUG IN ELECTRICS shred the IC competition.
Your video shows IC vehicles which are NOT drag race cars. They are street cars which weigh twice as much as the electric they're up against, driven by amateurs. Hardly an apples to apples comparison.

There's also NO word on how much money he's got tied up there, but I think it's safe to say you could buy any four of his competition easily, with the money spent on that one.

However, that little impractical car IS an impressive performer, in the quarter-mile. But can it run 300 miles at highway speed between charges with a 20 minute stop for fuel, like IC cars can? Can it provide comfort to the driver and passengers, with AC in summer and heat in winter? Can it defrost the glass? Can it burn headlights and running lights at night without losing significant range between charges? Does it have power steering? Any other creature features?

Also left out of the equation is all the COPPER in the motor. Do you have any idea how much pollution is created and energy is used by digging up and refining copper?

If the windings in the motor are aluminum, the carbon footprint is even worse yet.

The car still has a massive carbon footprint, it takes alot of energy and pollution to make the batteries, and the motor. You're just deluding yourself if you think wind turbines, solar panels, and plug-in electric vehicles are anything close to carbon neutral, much less carbon negative.

But of course, you're deluded anyway because you know these cannot compete in the marketplace without massive government subsidies we all pay for. That's why you're for them either being subsidized or mandated!

Because you know

They're not

practical or

a viable alternative.

Otherwise, you wouldn't be for the government mandates and subsidies.

Now, you never answered any of this, from my previous post:

What we SHOULD do if we are SERIOUS about reducing CO2 in the atmosphere is START by OUTLAWING its RECREATIONAL use first!

Uses such as Hollywood "smoke" special effects, wrestling events and rock concerts, football, basketball and hockey games, toys which use CO2 canisters such as paint ball guns, and so on. DRY ICE should be banned except for medical use. It's PURE CO2 which goes into the atmosphere as well!

We could ban the use of CO2 for such things as fire suppression and water treatment, where better methods have been developed but aren't mandated.

Why no outcry over those? It's
millions of tons of unnecessary CO2 every year!

Because, THESE uses aren't the byproduct of EVIL fossil fuels combustion!

Ya see? There's apparently "good CO2" and "bad" CO2 just like with cholesterol? Except with CO2, it's ALL bad or it's ALL good, there's NO middle ground there. It's all the same CO2, no matter how you make it and release it into the atmosphere. We should FIRST stop manufacturing it and releasing it for purely entertainment reasons, and for reasons which are superseded, if we are REALLY sure it's causing global climate catastrophe.

Right?

THINK.
CO2 is a convenient devil, so long as you don't look too closely and ask too many hard questions.

Last edited:
Like I said I was strongly opposed to more drilling but I have changed my mind about it. I think we need more refinery capacity to go with it though.
drilling here will allow more oil into the market and lower prices all around
it will also allow time to develop alternatives

A fair argument, except that we don't have any large untapped domestic reserves.

Like I said I was strongly opposed to more drilling but I have changed my mind about it. I think we need more refinery capacity to go with it though.

A fair argument, except that we don't have any large untapped domestic reserves.
how do you know?
till they actually drill

how do you know?
till they actually drill

Actually, the oil companies do know, and they say we do have a lot which government regulations are not allowing them to drill. I believe the oil companies more right now, the domestic ones that is. One reason I believe them on that is because there are a lot of land use restrictions enacted just to "protect" the environment.

Exactly. Sit on the untapped oil fields we have till the Middle East runs out, possibly 50 years from now. The technology to reach ours will be better making our fields easier to get to and of course the icing on the cake no more oil in the Middle East.

how do you know?
till they actually drill

Tools exist to measure with a high degree of accuracy.
i know they do
and those tools have been saying they expect LARGE deposits off the coasts
but the feds wont allow them to drill

It's a misdirection argument on their part. They already hold rights to large areas for drilling and could start setting up wells tomorrow if they wanted to, but choose to not do so.

Can an electric vehicle pull my boat and haul my family of 5 with all our luggage 350 miles without stopping? Didn't think so. Until then I will keep my 2007 Tahoe.

Forum List

Back