Mandate Electric Cars to save the environment.

We should also provide tax breaks like the ones Bush gave for people to go buy HUMMERS
Tax breaks to buy Hummers?

I'm so certain you can back that assertion with a credible link.

Wait, no I'm not..... Forgot the idiot who posted that never backs up anything said.

And it's FUEL, idiot. Not "fule."

We should also provide tax breaks like the ones Bush gave for people to go buy HUMMERS

Wait, no I'm not..... Forgot the idiot who posted that never backs up anything said.

actually they did have tax breaks and the hummers did qualify

and give him a break on a typo

I'd actually, like to see that from a credible source.

And morons don't get breaks on anything. They have spell check and edit buttons just like the rest of us. If they give a fuck about what they are posting they should at least make SOME effort at legibility and literacy.

And morons don't get breaks on anything. They have spell check and edit buttons just like the rest of us. If they give a fuck about what they are posting they should at least make SOME effort at legibility and literacy.
It's not just a Hummer, it's a tax break

credible enough?

We should also provide tax breaks like the ones Bush gave for people to go buy HUMMERS and the HEAVIEST least fule efficient cars on the road.
I found your link for you about what you assert, and of course as I suspected, you're LYING.

Booooosh didn't "give tax breaks" for buying Hummers. CONGRESS inadvertently, did. The SAME Congress that's in power still.

Read and learn:

Buy a Hummer, Get a $25,000 Tax Break - ABC News
It's one of the many loopholes buried within the fine print of the tax code: Business owners who purchase heavy luxury SUVs, those weighing over 6,000 pounds, get to take deductions up to $25,000.

Now some members of Congress are pushing to close the so-called Hummer Tax Loophole. Led by Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., the Ways and Means Committee passed an energy bill last week that is expected on the House floor next month.

"We're allowing people to buy a huge expensive gas guzzler and get a benefit that was never intended for them," Blumenauer told ABCNEWS.com.

He explains that the provision in the tax code was originally intended to allow farmers and small-business owners to recover the cost of buying trucks and heavy-duty working vehicles. "But that was before the explosion of huge SUVs like Cadillac Escalades and now we're providing a tax break for a luxury car."

Blumenauer said that the new bill includes provisions for legitimate business use by exempting farm vehicles, vans, flatbed trucks and school buses from the closure of the loophole. He predicts that the provision will give back to the government about $750 million over five years, which will be used to promote conservation and alternative energy.
And gee, the problem was fixed. And it wasn't Booooosh. It was a typical government FUBAR, just like you'll see with cap and trade, the health scare bill, and which you ARE seeing with the stimulus.

credible enough?
Yeah, I didn't see anything there that says Booooosh "gave tax breaks" for people buying Hummers.

Did you?

credible enough?
Yeah, I didn't see anything there that says Booooosh "gave tax breaks" for people buying Hummers.

Did you?
well, he had to have signed the bill

The best thing about electric cars is that they use no energy! You just plug them in! FREE ENERGY!

HELLO! MCFLY! BUELLER! FREE ENERGY!

Dude, just plug it in and it recharges without using any energy at all!

See, the outlet is a magical devise that provides FREE ENERGY! No one really know where the electricity comes from!

well, he had to have signed the bill
Wrong. Read the article you linked. Turns out, this loophole existed since the 80s.

He DID however sign the bill that FIXED the loophole.
ah ok
so it did
So, another "Booooosh did it" lie squelched. Debunked. Proven false.

These pukes go unchallenged, this is why this shit propagates. Forgive them not their typos and misspellings, for these are an indicator of a person who is sloppy with facts as well. And intellectually lazy.

And liars, as we see here.

What we should do is give HUGE amounts of funding to AMERICAN companies to build viable electric cars
What we SHOULD do if we are SERIOUS about reducing CO2 in the atmosphere is START by OUTLAWING its RECREATIONAL use first!

Uses such as Hollywood "smoke" special effects, wrestling events and rock concerts, football, basketball and hockey games, toys which use CO2 canisters such as paint ball guns, and so on. DRY ICE should be banned except for medical use. It's PURE CO2 which goes into the atmosphere as well!

We could ban the use of CO2 for such things as fire suppression and water treatment, where better methods have been developed but aren't mandated.

Why no outcry over those? It's millions of tons of unnecessary CO2 every year!

Because, THESE uses aren't the byproduct of EVIL fossil fuels combustion! CO2 is a convenient devil, so long as you don't look too closely and ask too many hard questions.

Ya see? There's apparently "good CO2" and "bad" CO2 just like with cholesterol? Except with CO2, it's ALL bad or it's ALL good, there's NO middle ground there. It's all the same CO2, no matter how you make it and release it into the atmosphere. We should FIRST stop manufacturing it and releasing it for purely entertainment reasons, and for reasons which are superseded, if we are REALLY sure it's causing global climate catastrophe.

Right?

THINK.

Last edited:
CO2 is food for plants, not pollution no matter where it comes from.

Mandate electric cars, what is the environmental impact of manufacturer of 100,000,000 new cars. This idea will create more CO2 than if we drove our old cars to the end of thier useful life.

What about taking shorter breaths, maybe no running, no excercise.

The best thing about electric cars is that they use no energy! You just plug them in! FREE ENERGY!

HELLO! MCFLY! BUELLER! FREE ENERGY!

Dude, just plug it in and it recharges without using any energy at all!

See, the outlet is a magical devise that provides FREE ENERGY! No one really know where the electricity comes from!

Who the fuck EVER said anything about FREE energy.

You must have a pretty weak point to have to lie you ass off and print that kind of BLATANT LIE!!

What a bunch of TOTALLY ignorant come backs.
I suppose your definition of "ignorant" isn't the same as normal. For one, your Boooooosh lie was completely debunked, and for another it's clearly been shown you don't understand the concept of, if something's good, viable and efficient, it doesn't NEED government subsidizing or mandates!

When electric cars can compete with gasoline IC vehicles in BHP, torque, reliability, and efficiency, they will succeed in the marketplace. Meanwhile, today's gasoline IC engines are far more efficient and run 80% cleaner than their 70s counterparts.

Forum List

Back