Breaking News Manaport Linked to Organized Crime

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by EvilEyeFleegle, Nov 2, 2017.

1. EvilEyeFleegle

EvilEyeFleegle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Someone might want to tell Trump..that there are no rules as to how a party acts or selects their candidate..was it underhanded/ Well..of course. Does it compare to Trump's band of corrupt wannabe Game of Thrones boys/ Nope.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,534
    Of course he was linked to organized crime.

He was linked to the Russian government.

3. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,343
    Wow...talk about a bizarre derailment....bologne burgers botch Broke Back Mountain or something....thread has been heavily cleaned of derailment litter...so let's get back to the OP.

4. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,957
    Why didn't the Obama Administration inform Trump that Manafort was up to his eyeballs in criminal corruption?

5. Baz Ares

Baz Ares VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +816
    Any Business connection with Russia must be approved, after
    the first contact approval through Russian organized crime!

[​IMG]

6. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,762

7. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,640
    Clowns and Imbeciles and Spies and Paul Manafort

The Trumpers have long pushed this argument that they were too inexperienced, disorganized or simply too stupid to have conspired with Russians to subvert the election. That’s not how it works. As we’ve noted in recent days, intelligence operatives (of any country) are looking precisely for people who are desperate, stupid, inexperienced, crooked when they are trying to penetrate or compromise any organization or find collaborators within it. That is when you have something to work with.

The Trumpers might just as well have said well, Don Jr. and Jared Kushner, two complete neophytes and rubes, had zero business with senior roles running the campaign and meeting with foreign government emissaries as we know they did in the June meeting at Trump Tower. Definitely, “stupid”, definitely “no business” being there. And yet they were there. Desperate, stupid, inexperienced, crooked – the Trumpers checked basically every box.

Which brings us back to Paul Manafort. He was looped in on at least some of those emails from Papadopoulos. He was also in that June Trump Tower meeting. The more we learn about Paul Manafort, the more he seems extremely crooked and very desperate. But he’s not at all inexperienced and he’s not stupid. He’s worked in politics for decades. He’s worked abroad in countries where dealing with foreign and US intelligence operatives goes with the territory. It’s very hard to imagine that Manafort, being on the receiving end of multiple approaches and simultaneously trying to use his newfound profound prominence to ‘make himself whole’ with people in Ukraine and Russia didn’t have a pretty clear sense of what was going on.

Mueller and his deputies seem to think the same thing.

Clowns and Imbeciles and Spies and Paul Manafort

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,762
    :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

9. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,980
    Is it illegal in the U.S. for a U.S. citizen to, outside of the U.S., launder money or be part and parcel of organized crime activities? I truly don't know for sure, but I'd think such things are outside U.S. jurisdiction, and I don't know whether one is prohibited from bringing the proceeds of non-U.S. illegal activity into the U.S.

BTW, I see the money laundering aspect of Manafort's activities. I don't see the "organized crime" aspect; moreover, I don't know that being linked to organized criminals is itself criminal.

Mind you, I am not defending Manafort or Mueller. I just don't like ambiguous, vague, inaccurate and/or unsoundly presented/supported depictions of, well, anything. If some other nation has brought a case against Manafort because of his dealings and interactions with organized criminals and laundering money for them, well, that's a wholly different matter, but AFAIK, nobody but the U.S. government has a current criminal case against Manafort.

10. Baz Ares

Baz Ares VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +816
    Not in the Great Douche new America. No LAWs apply to the Great Douche and Klan!

See RICO:
    Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
    Most nations cooperate with the US on RICO enforcement only where their own related laws are specifically broken

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017