manafort tampering charges

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
i've already said if he did it, burn him. the question is - what are the charges and are they more hypefiction than reality?

The Manafort Tampering Allegations

i'm not a lawyer so i can't get into what *is* tampering and what isn't. i can see on the surface where the "let's talk" could raise an eyebrow sure. but nothing is done at that that point so you're now accusing someone of potentially doing something.

"But direct evidence against Manafort is almost nonexistent. Saying "we should talk" and "I want to give you an update" or a "heads-up" is hardly the stuff that true witness-tampering charges are made of. And, more to the point, if the entire conversation in which Manfort participated lasted for less than a minute and a half, he'd have to be a very, very fast talker to have accomplished tampering."

so if this is just a tampering charge to say we're making charges, if this man is correct it will fall through as nothing in the end. it would seem that in effect he's being charged for what he may have been about to do, not what he did.

Here is what been reported:

Manafort's contacts with the two potential witnesses started benignly enough, with phone calls and text messages through the service WhatsApp.
"This is paul," the first encrypted text message that the government obtained said.
Then, two days later, he sent a news article about the Hapsburg group revelation in his court case. "We should talk. I have made clear that they worked in Europe," Manafort wrote.
He called Person D1 five times in late February.
Person D1 tried to avoid him, even hanging up on one of the calls, the prosecutors said.
Another Manafort confidante whom prosecutors have said has ties to Russian intelligence then contacted the second Manafort lobbying assistant on February 28 "out of the blue," the person told investigators, sending a "hi! How are you? Hope you are doing fine" and a wink emoji. The Manafort confidante, referred to as Person A, then told the second potential witness he wanted to reach Person D1 "to brief him on what's going on."
The confidante continued to try to spread Manafort's message, by sending an encrypted text that outlined Manafort's "quick summary" that "our friends never lobbied in the US."

It is clear tampering with the witness... Even if close nothing was said even meeting has got people thrown in jail...
This is also Manafort second violation of bail, can't see the judge letting go free until trial... If Manafort has anything it is coming out...
The feds will keep investigating and find more, the guy is as crooked as an S-Hook but he has dirt on loads of people not just Trump...

Manafort's contacts with the two potential witnesses started benignly enough, with phone calls and text messages through the service WhatsApp.
"This is paul," the first encrypted text message that the government obtained said.
Then, two days later, he sent a news article about the Hapsburg group revelation in his court case. "We should talk. I have made clear that they worked in Europe," Manafort wrote.
Person D1 tried to avoid him, even hanging up on one of the calls, the prosecutors said.
Another Manafort confidante whom prosecutors have said has ties to Russian intelligence then contacted the second Manafort lobbying assistant on February 28 "out of the blue," the person told investigators, sending a "hi! How are you? Hope you are doing fine" and a wink emoji. The Manafort confidante, referred to as Person A, then told the second potential witness he wanted to reach Person D1 "to brief him on what's going on."
The confidante continued to try to spread Manafort's message, by sending an encrypted text that outlined Manafort's "quick summary" that "our friends never lobbied in the US."

It is clear tampering with the witness... Even if close nothing was said even meeting has got people thrown in jail...
This is also Manafort second violation of bail, can't see the judge letting go free until trial... If Manafort has anything it is coming out...
The feds will keep investigating and find more, the guy is as crooked as an S-Hook but he has dirt on loads of people not just Trump...

obviously i do not agree. i can see where he was trying to set that up, but i don't see where it was done. you're making leaps and assumptions with the "evidence at hand" and drawing a conclusion of what he will do. I DO AGREE THAT LOOKS LIKE WHAT HE WAS TRYING TO DO but he had not done it yet.

so - why would mueller, a seasoned vet, jump the gun like that and not simply wait a few more days to see if he makes contact and does in fact, tamper?

obviously i do not agree. i can see where he was trying to set that up, but i don't see where it was done. you're making leaps and assumptions with the "evidence at hand" and drawing a conclusion of what he will do. I DO AGREE THAT LOOKS LIKE WHAT HE WAS TRYING TO DO but he had not done it yet.

so - why would mueller, a seasoned vet, jump the gun like that and not simply wait a few more days to see if he makes contact and does in fact, tamper?

Doesn't need to... It is a second violation...

Not being registered as a foreign agent is Manafort's smallest charge and is a slap on the wrist offence.. But Manafort has violated his bail... Mueller just wants to stick Manafort in prison to make him sweat... Manafort will sing.

This is not about being guilty or innocent of the initial charge, this is about Witness tampering... It is clear Manafort is contacting a witness (which is consider violating parole) and talking about the case, massive violation.... On top of that he has a previous violation... Manafort is going to jail for the period of the trial..
Then instead of delay tactics Manafort will look for a speedy resumption

i've already said if he did it, burn him. the question is - what are the charges and are they more hypefiction than reality?

The Manafort Tampering Allegations

i'm not a lawyer so i can't get into what *is* tampering and what isn't. i can see on the surface where the "let's talk" could raise an eyebrow sure. but nothing is done at that that point so you're now accusing someone of potentially doing something.

"But direct evidence against Manafort is almost nonexistent. Saying "we should talk" and "I want to give you an update" or a "heads-up" is hardly the stuff that true witness-tampering charges are made of. And, more to the point, if the entire conversation in which Manfort participated lasted for less than a minute and a half, he'd have to be a very, very fast talker to have accomplished tampering."

so if this is just a tampering charge to say we're making charges, if this man is correct it will fall through as nothing in the end. it would seem that in effect he's being charged for what he may have been about to do, not what he did.

The fact he failed to influence the witness does not remove the fact he tampered with that witness.

Tampering is the act, not the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Not being registered as a foreign agent is Manafort's smallest charge and is a slap on the wrist offence.. But Manafort has violated his bail... Mueller just wants to stick Manafort in prison to make him sweat... Manafort will sing.

This is not about being guilty or innocent of the initial charge, this is about Witness tampering... It is clear Manafort is contacting a witness (which is consider violating parole) and talking about the case, massive violation.... On top of that he has a previous violation... Manafort is going to jail for the period of the trial..
what is the violation?

all he said was "we need to talk".

like i said, if he broke laws, fry his ass. i'm tired of people getting away with things. but i do not want flimsy excuses to lead the way.

yes it was questionable.
no he didn't follow through yet.

go back through the original link of what happened in that write up. if this is all mueller has, it won't go far despite the lefts desire to have anything take out anyone they don't like. *I* prefer our laws to be the same for all sides, not a form of punishment for the other side.

that would seem to be where we differ.

what did manafort say or do that was witness tampering? at this point all we know is "we need to talk" and if that violated rules he was under, great. but that would seem to fall under misdemeanor when if he waited and manafort talked and actually said what to say - that would be felony.

what is the violation?

like i said, if he broke laws, fry his ass. i'm tired of people getting away with things. but i do not want flimsy excuses to lead the way.

yes it was questionable.

go back through the original link of what happened in that write up. if this is all mueller has, it won't go far despite the lefts desire to have anything take out anyone they don't like. *I* prefer our laws to be the same for all sides, not a form of punishment for the other side.

what did manafort say or do that was witness tampering? at this point all we know is "we need to talk" and if that violated rules he was under, great. but that would seem to fall under misdemeanor when if he waited and manafort talked and actually said what to say - that would be felony.

Manafort's "quick summary" that "our friends never lobbied in the US."....

That's tampering... Just talking about the cases or anything related...

That is why lawyers say don't meet witnesses during a trail...

Again Manafort is on bail, he was contacting a witness about his

what is the violation?

yes it was questionable.

then you are refuting what a lawyer says who wrote the article i referenced. all good - do you have legal experience in this? i don't - i'm following it to learn, not tell people the answers here.

what is the violation?

yes it was questionable.

then you are refuting what a lawyer says who wrote the article i referenced. all good - do you have legal experience in this? i don't - i'm following it to learn, not tell people the answers here.

Na... But I have read enough about witness tampering and even making contact with a witness...

The reporting is he tried to alter witness testimony so they would be on the same page, that text book Witness Tampering...

We will all know better on June 15th... Looks like a Bail violation, second one as well... They will probably put him here if that is the case.
images

El Chapo is in there now...

Forum List

Back