Manafort cuts tentative plea deal with Mueller

Currently reported on MSNBC. Apparently ABC is the original reporting source. Apparently we won't know details until maybe tomorrow.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has tentatively agreed to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller that will head off his upcoming trial, sources familiar with the negotiations tell ABC News.

The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday, but it remains unclear whether Manafort has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors or is simply conceding to a guilty plea, which would allow him to avoid the stress and expense of trial, according to three sources with knowledge of the discussions.

More: Tentative deal reached between Manafort and special counsel: Sources

With 7 charges reduced to 2......and Manafort reportedly cooperating with the special counsel.

There's a chance that Manafort will get out of jail before he dies of old age! And I'm very interested in what Manafort has to tell Mueller about the Trump campaign.

I'm interested to know if the AG of NY will pay him a visit, and show him the evidence she has to put him in state prison for life, and dare his ass to accept the pardon from Trump.

Is 'accepting' a pardon even a thing? I think its like a break up. It doesn't require two people agree. Just one.

Uh, no. It is a thing.

Burdick v. United States - Wikipedia

Well son of a bitch. I did not know that.

Thank you!

We can all admit that Mandatory is part of the swamp. No denying it. Get Paul paying your taxes is patriotic.

Paul Manafort pleads guilty and will cooperate in Mueller probe

Paul Manafort pleaded guilty to two federal crimes and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors, a dramatic turnaround for the former Trump campaign chairman who now becomes a powerful asset for special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

None of Manafort’s crimes that he admitted Friday — or was convicted of in a separate trial in Virginia last month — relate to such coordination. But his cooperation agreement is far-reaching, requiring him to be “fully debriefed,” provide relevant materials, “participate in undercover activities” and testify whenever requested by Mueller’s office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is ABOUT Manafort COOPERATING with the Mueller investigation.

It is NOT about Manafort pleading guilty.

Just had to throw that out there for those that cannot wrap their head around the differences.
I believe he will cooperate too. I don't think he'll have any problem taking the payoff he gets from liberals behind this failed witch hunt.

cnn russia.jpg

Course he is cooperating. Trump has been cooperating with the investigation.

You aren’t going to find a crime when no crime exists

This week's "NOW we got him!!!" headline.

This gets so tiring. When will you Leftists give it up?

Vladimir Putin’s could cooperate with this investigation and you’d still find nothing because nothing happened

It doesn't matter what Manafort does because the truth is, Mueller has nothing on Trump. Nada. Zippo. Zilch.

Here's my prediction of what might happen soon: Mueller has come to the sudden and disturbing realization of two things:

1. He can find nothing resembling "collusion" or "obstruction" against Trump.

2. Mueller has also realized that Trump has the executive power to declassify and un-redact a shitload of documents, which would stir up a ten-ton hornet's nest for those people involved in this little coup. Mueller knows that said classified documents would not only implicate him in some really serious shit, but Hillary, Comey, Lynch, and a whole bunch of other people all the way up to Obama.

President Trump has the power to be a total dick in this matter, but he hasn't. He is showing a monumental amount of restraint but should he drop the hammer, Mueller and a bunch of other people are going to be in some very deep shit.

As part of the plea agreement, Manafort also had to plead guilty to the 10 charges that the lone juror acquitted him on in the Virginia trial. She must really feel stupid.

Course he is cooperating. Trump has been cooperating with the investigation.

You aren’t going to find a crime when no crime exists

Didn't you guys say that at the beginning of the investigation?

How many plea deals is this? 6? 7? How many felony convictions?

I don't think 'no crime exists' means what you think it means.

Its interesting how so many on the left assume Trump is guilty when we have a presumption of innocence in the USA. Why, because Trump whooped their ass in the election? Because Trump mocks them at every opportunity? Because Trump is stacking the SCOTUS with conservatives and signed a hug tax cut bill? All of the above?

Also, as an aside.....I want to comment on the absurdity of lamenting about 'presumptions of innocence' regarding a man who routinely has 'LOCK HER UP!' chants at his rallies. This for a woman who isn't even charged with any crime. Let alone convicted of anything.

We are not talking about Trump we are talking about lowlife filth scumbag liberal's assumption of guilt.

We are talking about Trump....a man who routinely smiles at the 'LOCK HER UP' chants at his political rallies.

You were saying about 'presumption of innocence'? It doesn't seem to be something you worry yourself with in regards to Hillary.

Its interesting how so many on the left assume Trump is guilty when we have a presumption of innocence in the USA. Why, because Trump whooped their ass in the election? Because Trump mocks them at every opportunity? Because Trump is stacking the SCOTUS with conservatives and signed a hug tax cut? All of the above?

The "left" assumes that Trump is lying about his campaign's collusion with Russia. Why?

Because Trump has lied about his campaign's collusion with Russia. Trump has compelled others to lie about his campaign's collusion with Russia. And Trump has tried to shut down the investigation into his campaign's collusion with Russia.

Manafort is in a position to give us information on what Trump has lied his ass off about. I'm eager to hear what Manafort has to offer.
Trump's name was never mentioned in the Manafort trial. Why would you ever think any plea bargain with Manafort would have anything to do with Trump? You and the media are just wishful thinking again.

Because the so called 'press' is desperate for any negative Trump story. Hell Fox News is doing the same thing today, suggesting somehow this is bad news for Trump and Manafort has dirt on Trump and has agreed to rat Trump out.

The press has to pick and choose their 'negative Trump stories' at this point. Woodward's book, the New York Times Op-Ed, Trump's Puerto Rico death toll conspiracy, Trump making up fake Obama quotes, Trump reporting inaccurate economic numbers, Trump's campaign manager pleading guilty to conspiracy against the United States?

And this just in the last week.

Any one of which would have dominated Fox News for weeks had this been Obama.

It doesn't matter what Manafort does because the truth is, Mueller has nothing on Trump. Nada. Zippo. Zilch.

And by 'truth' you mean your imagination? How do you know this? Have you read Manafort's statements to Mueller?

You don't know what Manafort has on Trump anymore than I do. You're mistaking your imagination for 'truth'.

Until Mueller releases his findings, you don't know the extent of what he has on Trump. All we know is what is available publicly. Which is already considerable.

For crying out loud, Ken Starr today said that Trump is already in the territory of abuse of power for his attacks on the Mueller investigation.

Someone cut a plea deal for crimes that had nothing to do with Trump, I'm sorry why are liberals rejoicing?
I think the liberals are rejoicing because there is a possibility that the plea deal involves someone who might have information that has to do with Trump (or others in Trump's inner circle) committing crimes relating to the 2016 election.

The liberals are probably also pleased that this strengthens Mueller's position greatly, since the claims that the special investigation isn't producing results ring more hollow with each conviction.

It also stamps out the "wasting money" thing for the investigation, since Manafort just contributed 46 million to a 20 million dollar investigation.

It also makes a pardon near impossible, since Manafort wouldn't get his money back, would have to testify under oath (with threat of a new perjury charge), face state charges to something he's admitted doing, and would be even more politically disastrous for Trump.

That's my guess on those liberals anyway.

I suggest you go back and review how Mueller and Comey have handled busting crime circuits like the Gotti and Genovese and Bonanno families.
Then maybe you just might see the fucking light.
Doesn't matter if the target of the investigation is a Mafia boss or a crooked realtor-turned-TV-game-host turned POTUS.
The method is the same because the structure of their organization is the same.
Poor you.

Forum List

Back