Man Tries to Pay Fine With Pennies, Court Says NO, Issues Warrant

The Judge could have been fair.. Accept the pennies after the gentleman had unrolled and counted every single one of them in front of a court official.. I didn't read all the posts but I'd make the asshole pay for being an asshole. Then he could wash a cop car or two to make up for the court official's time.

Court adjourned.
That is cruel and unusual punishment for a non-crime. Again, my suspicions are that this is a personal issue.

Damn, dude, that's harsh. :eek:

I still think the guy is a d**k and should have his butt kicked.

But, I will reconsider my position. I actually just got done talking to someone about this who used to be a traffic court judge and she said she'd have taken the pennies. That even though the guy is a d**k, U.S. currency is U.S. currency.

Jillian I'll rep, because you know how to back down. Legal tender is just that, no matter the difficulties and ill intent.

Puleeze...it wasn't even treason to lie to get us into Iraq. Tone down the rhetoric. If a judge issues an order and someone violates it, they can be held in contempt.
A judge cannot make whatever order he so pleases.

This would have been even better had the guy unrolled all the pennies and carried them into the courthouse in a couple of old Jack Daniels jugs :)

There is a remedy for that... it's called an appeal.
Great. Because one fucktard did something, you are forced to put more money into the system to correct it, instead of taking the appropriate disciplinary action against the fucktard who fucked up.

Great. Because one fucktard did something, you are forced to put more money into the system to correct it, instead of taking the appropriate disciplinary action against the fucktard who fucked up.

Let's see, it sounds like he came into court with rolled money. Perhaps that could be counted? If not counted, it would take how long to run it to a bank with a counter, if the court house didn't have it? All of this is nonsense.

Be careful with your pride.

I find it really weird to read posts by adults who seem to have no concept of authority.

It's not about pride at all. It's that there's a method to deal with one's grievances. I'm the one who's the "lib", but I wouldn't resort to self-help and stupidity.

What does the jerk get by bringing in pennies? A story to tell other jerks? An appeal might have gotten the judge reversed and made that judge look foolish.

Aren't lawyers great? One lawyer on USMB said something hilarious that I will never forget: "I deal in facts." I know there are a few who have scruples, but most just want to win a case and get paid. Facts and truth don't matter. And their arrogance knows no bounds. They're amusing to watch, but can be very destructive.

Aren't lawyers great? One lawyer on USMB said something hilarious that I will never forget: "I deal in facts." I know there are a few who have scruples, but most just want to win a case and get paid. Facts and truth don't matter. And their arrogance knows no bounds. They're amusing to watch, but can be very destructive.

which has what to do with the issue at hand?

oh yeah, right... it's you posting, so nada.

cool.

Forum List

Back