Man Tries to Pay Fine With Pennies, Court Says NO, Issues Warrant

nope,,, nope nope You see it yer way I see it my way.. if you've ever filled out a deposit slip for a business you know that banks designate cash and coin. so go argue with yerself awhile.

Just admit your wrong. I promise your teeth and hair won't fall out, the sky won't turn black and your food won't all spoil.

idioms for idiots

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Idioms
Also, hard cash. Actual currency (bills and coins); money immediately available, paid at the time of a purchase. For example, Will you lower the price if I pay in cold cash instead of using a credit card? or We have only a limited amount of hard cash--the rest is in accounts receivable. [First half of 1900s]

This man is an idiot. He went to the bank and got some pennies? Why didn't he go to the bank and get actual cash, instead of cheap pennies? The fact he went to the bank and got the pennies tells me he intended to pay with pennies. The fact he intended to pay with pennies tells me he decided to stir the shit.

Pay with cash, moron.

Pennies ARE cash, Einstein.

nope,,, nope nope You see it yer way I see it my way.. if you've ever filled out a deposit slip for a business you know that banks designate cash and coin. so go argue with yerself awhile.

This isn't about seperating currency, checks and coin for banks. It's about paying a dollar amount to the court.

Except YOU have to deliver your payment in taxes to the IRS or the State Treasury. They do not collect. SO YOU would be paying freight and would run the risk of it being stolen since most mail systems advice NOT to send cash through their system.

You could just take your pennies to your closest IRS location.

Pennies are worth a little more than 1 cent right now if they're 1982 or older, due to their copper content. For a while when base metals were high, 82 and older pennies were trading for 2 cents on the penny.

So the court could very well have profitted from this transaction.

But counting pennies sucks, so let's issue a warrant instead because he was an "asshole". :rolleyes:

Pennies are worth a little more than 1 cent right now if they're 1982 or older, due to their copper content. For a while when base metals were high, 82 and older pennies were trading for 2 cents on the penny.

So the court could very well have profitted from this transaction.

But counting pennies sucks, so let's issue a warrant instead because he was an "asshole". :rolleyes:

the pennies were rolled so he's not a complete asshole. a couple of years back, i remember reading about a guy paying a judgment against him in unrolled pennies. as i recall, it was several thousand dollars. he trundled them into some lawyer's office and said here you go.
i'll try to find a link.

This isn't about seperating currency, checks and coin for banks. It's about paying a dollar amount to the court.

well, if you look back I said it's also about intent. the man went to the bank ordered the amount in pennies to aggravate the court. so my judgement would have been to accept the pennies only after the man had counted them one by one. This is all mute though cause the judge gets to rule and the man either abides by the ruling or goes higher up, and he will meet head on with another judge who more than likely dosen't take kindly to aggravation.

well, if you look back I said it's also about intent. the man went to the bank ordered the amount in pennies to aggravate the court. so my judgement would have been to accept the pennies only after the man had counted them one by one. This is all mute though cause the judge gets to rule and the man either abides by the ruling or goes higher up, and he will meet head on with another judge who more than likely dosen't take kindly to aggravation.

How does "intent" even matter here?

The man paid a fine. He did it legally. Maybe it was construed as an asshole move, but he obeyed all laws.

His so-called "intent" is irrelevant. The judge has no legal basis to do anything other than accept the money.

You're trying to make something out of nothing with this argument. It's irrelevant.

The man paid a fine. He did it legally. Maybe it was construed as an asshole move, but he obeyed all laws.

His so-called "intent" is irrelevant. The judge has no legal basis to do anything other than accept the money.

You're trying to make something out of nothing with this argument. It's irrelevant.

I suspect it matters cause it was obvious to the judge that he intentionally brought pennies to aggravate the court. Don't you think that's why he ruled the way he did? I do.

I guess the judge thinks otherwise.

I suspect it matters cause it was obvious to the judge that he intentionally brought pennies to aggravate the court. Don't you think that's why he ruled the way he did? I do.

Paulitics is right, the intent is irrelevant.

The judge was wrong..

so in re reading the town was going to take the pennies after he affixed his DL number.. but he refused.. hhhhmmmm

Forum List

Back