Man shoots up Florida School Board meeting

We've been on this merry-go-round before.
Yes - you have made several claims that you refuse to back up because you know you cannot.
Doesn't help you.
-I- dont need the help; apparently you're quite OK with continuing to self-sodomize your credibility as a sentient being. No skin off -my- back.
So why bother?
With you and your repeated refusal to back up your claims?
It's a public service I provide to partisan bigots, hoping that someday they will recognize their unhealthy, unthinking, unquestioning adherence to unsupportable partisan dogma, accept the reality that their positions are indeed without any merit whatsoever, seek the information necessary to reach a sound conclusion, and then, finally, embrace The Truth.

You clearly have a long way to go, but I have plenty of time.

:lol:

We've been on this merry-go-round before.
Yes - you have made several claims that you refuse to back up because you know you cannot.

-I- dont need the help; apparently you're quite OK with continuing to self-sodomize your credibility as a sentient being. No skin off -my- back.
So why bother?
With you and your repeated refusal to back up your claims?
It's a public service I provide to partisan bigots, hoping that someday they will recognize their unhealthy, unthinking, unquestioning adherence to unsupportable partisan dogma, accept the reality that their positions are indeed without any merit whatsoever, seek the information necessary to reach a sound conclusion, and then, finally, embrace The Truth.

You clearly have a long way to go, but I have plenty of time.

:lol:
Denial is just the first step.

A colleague of mine in Martial arts school said to me..

"Never pick up anything you can't eat".

And he was in the military as well.

I live by that.

(Although I keep a bayonet in my house)

Makes no sense.

You can't eat a pen, a rock, a baseball bat or a plethora of other things. Are you telling me you never pick any of those things up?

A weapon is a tool nothing more. If you refuse to use a tool to protect yourself and your family from those that would do you or them harm, that's your choice. You have no business telling others they must follow your example.

I've had several friends killed by guns.

So it's my business to make sure that practice doesn't continue. I'm not resorting to violence. I am however..advocating an end to gun violence. Through my vote and voice.

And it's well within my rights.

Excuse me but they were killed by other people.

And if they were carrying they might not have been helpless victims. Typical of a libby though to want to deny everyone the right to protect themselves because they refuse to.

It's your right to carry a weapon so exercise it.
You are free to choose to exercise that right, or not.

Just dont delude yourself into thinkning that your phobias support a sound argument for not allowing others to so exercise that right.
You better reread my posts. I have never stated that I want to stop anyone from carrying a gun.

Last edited:
You are free to choose to exercise that right, or not.
Just dont delude yourself into thinkning that your phobias support a sound argument for not allowing others to so exercise that right.
You better reread my posts. I have never stated that I want to stop anyone from carrying a gun.
You should read my a little more closely as well
I wasn't referring to -you- but to the people, specifically and generally, that -you- responded to.

School boards are elected political bodies

This is not about a political decision of a school board.. or any particular politics of anyone involved....

You know why you wanted to put this in politics, and so do others....

But this should have been in general because it is basically just a current event of a crime... not a political issue

It was an attempted political assasination

That will probably qualify as the dumbest post of December.

This is not about a political decision of a school board.. or any particular politics of anyone involved....

You know why you wanted to put this in politics, and so do others....

But this should have been in general because it is basically just a current event of a crime... not a political issue

They were discussing taxes. That makes it political.

So if a mayor is in their office and is discussing budgetary spending and a gunman busts in because of a grudge or mental illness or whatever else, that makes it political because of the discussion happening at the time of the event?? Hardly

If this guy were a person whacked out spewing off about doing this because the mayor was a REP or a DEM or because of a bill that was signed or whatever else... that would be somewhat political... this guy was apparently upset about a personal situation that was not a result of a political stance... and we all know why someone like wrongwinger would try and put this as a political issue... we know what he is trying to insinuate

Since the gunman was obviously either of MediaMatters or a viewer of whichever network regularly blames rich people and bankers for all the problems this is only going to backfire on him.

That was sick.

And the reason I hate guns.

Yeah hate the gun instead of the fucking asshole shooting people.

The gun makes it incredibly easy for that fucking asshole to hurt others.

One on one..I am pretty sure I could kick that guys ass.

One on one..him with a gun..I ain't so sure anymore.

Get yourself a gun, or a knife. Within 25' a knife is as deadly, and more intimidating, than a gun. Most people can't hit anything further than 25' with a gun, as this guy aptly demonstrated by not being able to hit full size adults at less than 10'.

The gun makes it incredibly easy for that fucking asshole to hurt others.

One on one..I am pretty sure I could kick that guys ass.

One on one..him with a gun..I ain't so sure anymore.

You'd rather no one be able to protect themselves because you hate guns right?

A colleague of mine in Martial arts school said to me..

"Never pick up anything you can't eat".

And he was in the military as well.

I live by that.

(Although I keep a bayonet in my house)

Are you trying to tell me you never wear clothes, or that all of your clothes are edible?

So what was that "V" supposed to mean anyway...???

I don't know. I can tell you that the guy who shot him is a local hero before this happened. He's an ex cop who spends all his spare time re furbishing bikes for kids that don't have them. He was working as a security officer at the school board and was sitting in his office. He had to leave his office and go outside to his car to get his gun and his vest. See? The criminals are the only one's who are allowed on school property with a gun. That's just bullshit.
Where is it written that security guards can't have guns on school property?

School board policy obviously prohibited him from carrying. Why else would he leave his gun in the car?

I don't know. I can tell you that the guy who shot him is a local hero before this happened. He's an ex cop who spends all his spare time re furbishing bikes for kids that don't have them. He was working as a security officer at the school board and was sitting in his office. He had to leave his office and go outside to his car to get his gun and his vest. See? The criminals are the only one's who are allowed on school property with a gun. That's just bullshit.

School board policy obviously prohibited him from carrying. Why else would he leave his gun in the car?
Stupidity? Please feel free to post your link to that information.

We're a country of 'rugged individualists'. Didn't ya know?

Indeed, you are. But surely a nation that boasts "rugged individualists" as its population, doesn't need an armed presence in a place of learning, especially amongst impressionable children.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnSzBDfX04&feature=fvst[/ame]

somebody impressioned these students.

Maybe if security guards, or even police, were armed in the UK that would not have happened. Not to mention those kids getting close enough to Prince Charles car to actually kick it.

My dog holds them up for me.:eusa_angel:

cool, and the dog you can pick up yourself. yum yum

I posted exactly what he said..but not in the context.

He meant "In a fight, never pick up anything you can't eat..because you might wind up eating it."

Strange.

My martial arts instructor taught us that we should remember that there is exactly one rule in a fight, hurt the other guy before he hurts you. I have lived by that ever since, and it has never failed me.

Last edited:
Bought and sold because of lax regulations.
If that is true, then they are still legal. Unfortunately, the vast majority of violent crime using firearms is with illegally obtained firearms. There is no correlation of lower violent crime with harsher ownership laws.

We have a correlation right here in New York City. Strict gun laws..led to fewer crimes.

No it didn't. Changing the rules for reporting crimes led to a decrease in crime. Or did it?

We have a correlation right here in New York City. Strict gun laws..led to fewer crimes.
You're claiming causation. Show this to be true.

I don't have to show "jack"...especially to people that don't accept anything but their own opinions even when they are shown facts.

I lived it.

I was here when NYC was crime ridden..and here after that all settled down.

Strict gun laws were part of the equation.

Yeah.. because stricter gin laws on purchasing legal weapons really keeps illegal weapons out of the hands of criminals who are so interested in abiding by the strict laws :rolleyes:

How many ex cops do you know? Every single cop and ex cop I know carries all the time, unless the law or their employment policy prohibits it, and sometimes even if it does. Since he was not openly carrying because he was not wearing a uniform the school board probably prohibited him from carrying in the office. Since Florida is a take your gun to work state (Unless you work at a place where concealed carrying is prohibited) the only conceivable reason for him not to carry at work is if it is policy for him not to.

This is known as deductive reasoning. It might not carry the force of a link, but it is just as valid.

How many ex cops do you know? Every single cop and ex cop I know carries all the time, unless the law or their employment policy prohibits it, and sometimes even if it does. Since he was not openly carrying because he was not wearing a uniform the school board probably prohibited him from carrying in the office. Since Florida is a take your gun to work state (Unless you work at a place where concealed carrying is prohibited) the only conceivable reason for him not to carry at work is if it is policy for him not to.

This is known as deductive reasoning. It might not carry the force of a link, but it is just as valid.
Not really...the meeting was after hours and he may or may not have still been on duty. Or he may not have expected trouble so he took his gun off and stowed it.

I'd like to see the actual policy if you don't mind.

Forum List

Back