Man shoots up Florida School Board meeting

The security guard was standing 20 feet away and hit his one target twice.

The gunman was standing 8 feet away and missed all six targets

Amazing that nobody else was killed

I just wonder if that "V" was some sort of political statement...?
Yep...V for Vendetta. Remember that movie?

I hate to be so excruciatingly anal, Ravi, but it gives me no pleasure to inform you that I beat you to it. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say you may, or may not have (although you probably did) copied it from me. Although I could be wrong (but I'm probably not).
No you don't. And I actually read it elsewhere but it is true you brought it up in this thread first.

I have a concealed weapons permit. It says so right on that permit. I'll have to investigate the security guard status. He had to go outside to get it, that's all I can tell you.

you're a security guard?

or it says *you* cannot have the gun on school premises?

I cannot help it if you are too damn DUmb to read and entire sentence before you KNEEJERK. I think you should see a doctor before you crack your chin. Oh! and the security guards at our local hospital are not armed either.

just used to you spewing without thinking and never saying anything true.

you posted that security guards cannot have weapons in schools.

that was lie number 1.

so i got through the 1st part of your next post and my eyes glazed over before i got to the second line with the proviso that you needed to actually get educated buried in it.

i'm sure you'll forgive my natural mistake.

maybe if you posted more rationally???

I don't know. I can tell you that the guy who shot him is a local hero before this happened. He's an ex cop who spends all his spare time re furbishing bikes for kids that don't have them. He was working as a security officer at the school board and was sitting in his office. He had to leave his office and go outside to his car to get his gun and his vest. See? The criminals are the only one's who are allowed on school property with a gun. That's just bullshit.
Where is it written that security guards can't have guns on school property?

I have a concealed weapons permit. It says so right on that permit. I'll have to investigate the security guard status. He had to go outside to get it, that's all I can tell you.
Yes, it is true you can't carry a concealed weapon on school grounds. But a security guard's weapon is not concealed. So I do believe you are incorrect.

Why he had it in his car is a mystery. Not to mention that now everyone knows where he keeps it.

you're a security guard?

or it says *you* cannot have the gun on school premises?

I cannot help it if you are too damn DUmb to read and entire sentence before you KNEEJERK. I think you should see a doctor before you crack your chin. Oh! and the security guards at our local hospital are not armed either.

just used to you spewing without thinking and never saying anything true.

you posted that security guards cannot have weapons in schools.

that was lie number 1.
so i got through the 1st part of your next post and my eyes glazed over before i got to the second line with the proviso that you needed to actually get educated buried in it.

i'm sure you'll forgive my natural mistake.

maybe if you posted more rationally???

I shall wait patiently while you proceed to prove it was a lie! You must be TM's sitter

Last edited:
And what those board members did was incredibly brave. They kept their cool and tried to talk the guy down.

That was heroic.

Where is it written that security guards can't have guns on school property?

Yes, it is true you can't carry a concealed weapon on school grounds. But a security guard's weapon is not concealed. So I do believe you are incorrect.

Why he had it in his car is a mystery. Not to mention that now everyone knows where he keeps it.

I honestly don't mean to be infammatory, but it says a lot about a country where they have school security guards. And it says a lot more when those guards are armed with handguns.

Last edited:

I honestly don't mean to be infammatory, but it says a lot about a country where they have school security guards. And it says a lot more when those guards are armed with handguns.

What does it say?

What does it say?

It betrays a loss/lack of control.

We're a country of 'rugged individualists'. Didn't ya know?

What does it say?

Explain in detail. You said it says a lot. What does it say? And then I'd say those fucking riots in London says a lot about your country too. Yathink? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Indeed, you are. But surely a nation that boasts "rugged individualists" as its population, doesn't need an armed presence in a place of learning, especially amongst impressionable children.

Indeed, you are. But surely a nation that boasts "rugged individualists" as its population, doesn't need an armed presence in a place of learning, especially amongst impressionable children.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDnSzBDfX04&feature=fvst[/ame]

somebody impressioned these students.

What does it say?

Explain in detail. You said it says a lot. What does it say? And then I'd say those fucking riots in London says a lot about your country too. Yathink?

It says a lot because it's such conspicuous precaution in an environment that should ideally be creating and fostering a calm and stable place for children to learn. Having someone walking around with a reminder on his or her hip that there are violent criminals and murderers is a negative distraction. But I suppose that's the price you pay for having such lax firearms legislation.

Explain in detail. You said it says a lot. What does it say? And then I'd say those fucking riots in London says a lot about your country too. Yathink?

It says a lot because it's such conspicuous precaution in an environment that should ideally be creating and fostering a calm and stable place for children to learn. Having someone walking around with a reminder on his or her hip that there are violent criminals and murderers is a negative distraction. But I suppose that's the price you pay for having such lax firearms legislation.
Not quite the cause of the price we pay as most violence at schools caused by firearms are firearms that were illegal.

There is very little violent crime done with legal firearms.

Not quite the cause of the price we pay as most violence at schools caused by firearms are firearms that were illegal.

There is very little violent crime done with legal firearms.

Bought and sold because of lax regulations.

Forum List

Back