Man shoots up Florida School Board meeting

:lol: That's funny.

I was told by Willow that he couldn't carry a gun at school. I am still waiting to see proof of that.

And no, and administrative building is not a school.

Laws which apply to school apply to school property, not just the actual classroom area. Example, you can't smoke on school property, including the football stadium.
What law? This is Florida and I doubt there is such a law.
since columbine most schools across the country adopted a "zero tolerance"* policy towards weapons on school property

* more like zero common sense

Laws which apply to school apply to school property, not just the actual classroom area. Example, you can't smoke on school property, including the football stadium.
since columbine most schools across the country adopted a "zero tolerance"* policy towards weapons on school property

Why do you call it zero common sense? Where do you draw the line if not at nothing?

Why do you call it zero common sense? Where do you draw the line if not at nothing?
because when i have seen the "zero tolerance" applied, its usually in a very stupid case
like some kid had nail clippers in his backpack from when he went on a camping trip

An unsuccessful attempt at a 2nd Amendment Remedy.
I cannot even begin to imagine how this makes any sense.

Sharron Angle mused that if the lawful system of change doesn't produce the results she and her followers want, then perhaps guns will.

This guy didn't use the lawful system of grievance and instead used a gun.

If there is anything else you need explained, just ask.

Also, the school board usually meets in an administrative building...not a school.

School property is school property, or did you think that local politicians have more common sense? If you did I would point out that ConHog is a member of his local school board.

I was told by Willow that he couldn't carry a gun at school. I am still waiting to see proof of that.

It might, however, actually be on school grounds. Before you jump me for proof I am just pointing out the possibility. Most states write their gun laws to exclude all school property in order to cover detached athletic fields and such, as well as college campus facilities that are not directly related to teaching, so it can easily cover the administration complexes. I know Texas's gun laws cover the offices, and even the planetarium. I do not claim to know what they cover in Florida though.

Last edited:

Gun-Free Schools Act of 1994

However, there are of course exceptions, LEO for example.

That law was ruled unconstitutional because the commerce clause does not allow Congress to regulate non activity.

Seriously?

6 year old suspended for bringing Nerf gun to school - CafeMom

Zero Tolerance Makes Zero Sense (5/18/01)

Toy Soldiers Glued To A Hat Violates School’s Weapons Ban | Gun Blog

Like the man said, Zero Common Sense.

Gun-Free Schools Act of 1994

However, there are of course exceptions, LEO for example.

That law was ruled unconstitutional because the commerce clause does not allow Congress to regulate non activity.

You're right, I meant to type 1995, and that law IS valid

Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it? Because I know some states routinely allow reciprocity for concealed carry, and that law supposedly made it illegal to do so. Additionally, it is all but impossible to own a gun and not be within 1000' of a school zone in this country, which would make owning a weapon illegal under that law. Since SCOTUS just ruled in at least two cases that people have the right to own weapons for self defense, I think that also makes this law unconstitutional.

School property is school property, or did you think that local politicians have more common sense? If you did I would point out that ConHog is a member of his local school board.

It might, however, actually be on school grounds. Before you jump me for proof I am just pointing out the possibility. Most states write their gun laws to exclude all school property in order to cover detached athletic fields and such, as well as college campus facilities that are not directly related to teaching, so it can easily cover the administration complexes. I know Texas's gun laws cover the offices, and even the planetarium. I do not claim to know what they cover in Florida though.
I am not convinced. My kids high school uses a police officer as security and he always has a gun. Now I realize a cop is different than a security guard but still...he is IN the school with a gun.

Was the man a Christian?

what he was... was mentally ill....

it wasn't about hiss religion or politics.

and only braindead trolls like the rebfreak are trying to make it political.

oh I see the great and wise jillian has me pegged, but she doesn't realize that I have her pegged. She a braindead liberal, defending another liberal who was a bad shot. Now if this idiot was a fan of rush or beck you can bet youre ass jillian would be the first one on the bandwagon condemning anyone that was not a liberal.

He wasn't a bad shot, and he didn't miss anyone. He wasn't trying to kill anyone. That much is obvious.

Forum List

Back