Man says God ordered him to ram vehicle at 100 mph

You get good rep for being kind to opposums!! What happened?

The opossum was trying to get into our backyard and our dogs bit her. Her face was crushed. It was in the middle of the night, but I found a wildlife vet who was willing to help. I took her to his house and he worked on her for about an hour while I assisted. She lost an eye, but she eventually got better. She was released into a State wilderness area about a month later.

I have a very, very soft heart for animals of all kinds.

The opossum was trying to get into our backyard and our dogs bit her. Her face was crushed. It was in the middle of the night, but I found a wildlife vet who was willing to help. I took her to his house and he worked on her for about an hour while I assisted. She lost an eye, but she eventually got better. She was released into a State wilderness area about a month later.

Including Perry the Platypus!

Me too. I've rescued a few wild animals too. Pigeons and squirrels, mostly. I'm so glad you were able to find a vet for the opossum and that she let you handle her. She must have known you were going to help her. That's a great story.

Me too. I've rescued a few wild animals too. Pigeons and squirrels, mostly. I'm so glad you were able to find a vet for the opossum and that she let you handle her. She must have known you were going to help her. That's a great story.

That's great! We could be bestest buddies if we lived near each other. I have a lot of respect for people who care about animals and a low-tolerance for people who don't.

I might throw Shogun over for you!:tongue:

Animals are the best. I never met a species I didn't like.

Last edited:
What a strange story. I'm glad both of them are ok. I can't imagine why God would want someone to do that, but I think that if you hear God telling you to do something you should listen. I know that's going to get me beat up here because someone will say what if he told you to kill or something outrageous but if you really think God is talking to you, I mean really, really talking to you... I think you have to listen.

If you're talking to God, that's prayer.

If God is talking back, that's psychosis......

What a crock of crap.

I say this simply for the reasons that I'm about to lay down on y'all.....If we're supposed to have a "close personal relationship" WITH God, then you have to understand something. If you're looking for a close personal relationship with another human, then you not only TALK, but you LISTEN. If you listen only, without talking, you find out everything about them, but they find out nothing about you. If you talk only, they find out everything about you, but you find out nothing about them.

Okay? You've got the basic gist. Oh yeah.....by the way, the 11th step of AA, states that "Sought through Prayer and Meditation to improve our conscience contact with God, AS WE UNDERSTOOD HIM", which means that it's gotta be a 2 way street.

How do you listen to God? Simple......the Buddhist and Shaolin Monks, as well as almost all martial artists practice meditation, which is simply listening to God.

If you've got any questions about that, look at my thread in Religion about telepathy. You may find out something.

""If God is talking back, that's psychosis......"

What a crock of crap."

What about people who talk on message boards?

If you're talking to God, that's prayer.

If God is talking back, that's psychosis......

What a crock of crap.

If someone hears a voice telling them that it's God and they have to do so and so, it is indeed a psychosis. Let me tell you that's how I'd be handlng the person, not thinking he or she was having a personal communication wih their God but suspecting that they were suffering hallucinations. Best way to handle them is not to enter or reinforce their hallucinations. As far as prayer or meditation is concerned it seems to me that the person themselves is instigating the communication process, that's the difference.

If someone hears a voice telling them that it's God and they have to do so and so, it is indeed a psychosis. Let me tell you that's how I'd be handlng the person, not thinking he or she was having a personal communication wih their God but suspecting that they were suffering hallucinations. Best way to handle them is not to enter or reinforce their hallucinations. As far as prayer or meditation is concerned it seems to me that the person themselves is instigating the communication process, that's the difference.

What? You've gotta be kidding........

So, in your fucked opinion, you're going to say that Moshe (Moses), Elija, Yeshua (Jesus), as well as all the other great prophets (beginning with Abraham), were ALSO psychotic?

Apparently you don't believe in God. And.....to put another point out there, do you have a conscience that tells you when something is a bad idea? That small, still voice ISN'T just you talking to yourself.......that may be God talking to you.

And.......for the record......since everyone has their own understanding of what they do and do not believe, who the hell are you to tell others that God doesn't talk to anyone?

Have you ever tried?

Sunnidweeb .... Jillian has not in the 3 or so years I have known her EVER spelled out the word "God."

Go pound sand, huh?

He doesn't understand the Jewish Religion apparently, but that's not surprising because he doesn't understand much at all.................

It's my favorite troll! I saved an opossum last year from certain death. She was really cute and friendly. It was G-d's will.

NO, certain death for a possum is being where I can see it. Cute my ass. They're hellspawn. Every damned one of them is a Wahabbi.:evil:

Not that I have an opinion on the matter.:lol:

Forum List

Back