Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

Great danes, ConHog?

Yes maam. I have a male and a female. we breed them every year, $900 and one like that little harlequin darling could be yours. Purebred , papers , shots , the whole deal.

I've had like 8 of them , not counting puppies that I've eventually sold. I love them , they are friendly, easy going, faithful, and really I can only think of three flaws.

1) They hate water, so bath time is a bitch, there are some exceptions but most hate water
2) They are the fartiest dog you've ever met
3) They tend not to live long 6-8 years, just long enough to get attached

My male is 54" at the shoulders and weighs 205 lbs, he's a big dude, but just so even tempered, my 2 year old treats him like a pillow and he just whatever if he gets tired he just walks away...

you are nothing but a fucking puppy mill...dont make it sound like you have a damned bit of interest in the breed...your only interest is in selling puppies...do you do follow ups...where are the puppies a year after they are sold? do you know...do you care....

I am glad the dogs killed THEIR master instead of some poor innocent person. Now they just need to kill the dogs.

Ya, I thought of that too, syrenn. The neighbors had complained about the noise and smell, but nothing had yet been done. I cannot imagine what the parents of little kids who lived nearby must have felt when this happened.

hellbitch, I don't happen to think that anyone who sells puppies without monitoring their lives ever after is running a puppy mill. Great danes do have a wonderful rep as a loving family dog, and I think your judgments are a bit too fast here.

Great danes, ConHog?

Yes maam. I have a male and a female. we breed them every year, $900 and one like that little harlequin darling could be yours. Purebred , papers , shots , the whole deal.

I've had like 8 of them , not counting puppies that I've eventually sold. I love them , they are friendly, easy going, faithful, and really I can only think of three flaws.

1) They hate water, so bath time is a bitch, there are some exceptions but most hate water

My male is 54" at the shoulders and weighs 205 lbs, he's a big dude, but just so even tempered, my 2 year old treats him like a pillow and he just whatever if he gets tired he just walks away...

you are nothing but a fucking puppy mill...dont make it sound like you have a damned bit of interest in the breed...your only interest is in selling puppies...do you do follow ups...where are the puppies a year after they are sold? do you know...do you care....

Puppy mill? What? Not me, I have one set of adults, they have one litter every year. That's usually 6-8 puppies and yes I am VERY picky about my puppies I won't sell them to people who intend to clip the tail or crop the ears, and I do make them sign an agreement stating such and I do follow up. I love my dogs and all their puppies and would never harm them.

I'm sorry that you think that everyone who breeds dogs is a puppy mill, but it isn't so.

Puppy mill? What? Not me, I have one set of adults, they have one litter every year. That's usually 6-8 puppies and yes I am VERY picky about my puppies I won't sell them to people who intend to clip the tail or crop the ears, and I do make them sign an agreement stating such and I do follow up. I love my dogs and all their puppies and would never harm them.

I'm sorry that you think that everyone who breeds dogs is a puppy mill, but it isn't so.

You sound like a responsible, caring breeder to me.

Hell. I raised GSD's for a while. Some years I didn't breed at all and my pups didn't go to just anybody with a buck to spend. I have refused to sell a puppy to a few folks in my day as well.

Puppy millers breed anything to anything. They are concerned with quantity, not quality. They breed the poor bitch every time she comes in season. When she can't produce anymore, well she's either killed or dumped at the pound. Most of your pet store pups come from puppy mills. Never buy from a Pet Store. You will be getting a poor quality, over priced dog.

Look Puppy Mills up on the internet. Its a real eye opener. Jeeze. Some people suck.

You sound like a responsible, caring breeder to me.

Hell. I raised GSD's for a while. Some years I didn't breed at all and my pups didn't go to just anybody with a buck to spend. I have refused to sell a puppy to a few folks in my day as well.

Puppy millers breed anything to anything. They are concerned with quantity, not quality. They breed the poor bitch every time she comes in season. When she can't produce anymore, well she's either killed or dumped at the pound. Most of your pet store pups come from puppy mills. Never buy from a Pet Store. You will be getting a poor quality, over priced dog.

Look Puppy Mills up on the internet. Its a real eye opener. Jeeze. Some people suck.

Some people do suck. I don't breed my dogs for the money, I breed them because they are a wonderful breed and I want other people to experience them. I just gave my niece a puppy for her bday at the beginning of this month and it was beyond cute to see a 5 y/o get a puppy that young that she will be able to bond with hopefully for years to come.

There's no evidence that the guy abused the dogs, neglected, them, etc. How could a troupe of domesticated dogs do this?

Lorain County man mauled to death by stray dogs family had rescued | cleveland.com

A lot of people don't understand dogs and especially pack mentality and these were 12 dogs. It doesn't take abuse or neglect for dogs to act like dogs - they are pack predators and it sounds, from the article, like some of the dogs were fairly marginal - in a swirling overly excited pack situation there is a lot of energy - one dog can turn on another dog redirecting that energy or turn on a person. If a person tries to break up a dog fight in a big group of dogs he stands the risk of becoming part of that dog fight which is what could have happened. Once a dog or a person starts screaming (or acting like prey) the other dogs react to it - even though you'd never expect it. Breed can have something to do with it because some breeds have higher reactivity and prey drive but to simply blame pitbulls is a stretch because in a dog pack situation - it could be any dog.

Officials believe more than one dog attacked Winters. They declined to list the breeds of the dogs at the house.

"We captured all of the dogs," Sgt. Donald Barker said. "Police killed two of the dogs immediately because they were aggressive toward police officers."

All of the dogs taken into custody will be killed.

Great danes, ConHog?

You haven't met my aussies! Damn gassie aussies :lol:

Wish there were more breeders like you :clap2:

Pictures, Coyote. I ain't never heard of this breed and I wanna see, please?

Do animal shelters not screen dogs for aggression? The tv news said the guy got his dogs from the shelter -- why would they allow feral dogs to be adopted?

But these dogs were fed, housed, cared for. Do dogs that have run wild remain feral?

If they were born feral then they are like any other wild canine - extremely shy, easily frightened and timid in a lot of situations that normal dogs can tolerate. There is a critical window in puppyhood for socialization. They aren't more vicious then non-feral dogs - in fact, likely less so because they'll avoid people. Stray dogs are different then feral dogs - strays were owned at one time and can more easily become accustomed to being with people again. I believe one of the articles said these dogs had been owned or adopted out at one time but returned for issues.

o nice...dobies have been selectively breed for family dogs now.....there are too many other breeds for guard work and all....one false hood is dobies brains continue to grow and the skull cant contain it and the dog goes mad...wrong

i have only know one person that was bitten by their own dobie....he tryed to put it out in the cold....hello...he should have been paying attention....dobies dont like the cold

Not that I have anything in particular against Dobermans, but when I was about 10 years old, I was walking home from school and had to pass a yard with two Dobermans in it. The yard was fenced, the fence was extended about 2 feet higher than a normal chain link fence. Both Dobermans jumped the fence and came after me. I started running, but they quickly caught up with me. One of the Dobermans was trying to bite my hip as I ran. I turned while I ran and punched it in the mouth.

Apparently, that was the right move for that Doberman. He quickly lost interest. The other one appeared to be along for the ride. For my part, I kept running.

Pictures, Coyote. I ain't never heard of this breed and I wanna see, please?

They're Australian Shepherds - here's a couple of them :)

liedowndamnit600.jpg

100_0004.jpg

Do animal shelters not screen dogs for aggression? The tv news said the guy got his dogs from the shelter -- why would they allow feral dogs to be adopted?

They likely aren't feral dogs and yes, shelters increasingly screen for aggression but a lot of times, problems don't show up right away or only in certain situations.

[...]Pack mentality I expect, Like Tea Partiers at a rally.
I agree. I think you're right.

Further, I believe that certain types of dogs are more suitable as pets than others while others are more suitable for protection and other applications.

Igor.jpg

This is Igor -- my idea of the perfect pet dog.

[...]Pack mentality I expect, Like Tea Partiers at a rally.
I agree. I think you're right.

Further, I believe that certain types of dogs are more suitable as pets than others while others are more suitable for protection and other applications.

Igor.jpg

This is Igor -- my idea of the perfect pet dog.

I hate little dogs, but one advantage to them is that what's that little fucker gonna do? :lol:

They were strays, which means that it was possible that they were partially feral, and all but guarantees they were poorly socialized and did not view him as part of the pack.

Officials believe more than one dog attacked Winters. They declined to list the breeds of the dogs at the house.

"We captured all of the dogs," Sgt. Donald Barker said. "Police killed two of the dogs immediately because they were aggressive toward police officers."

All of the dogs taken into custody will be killed.
How are police officers supposed to be qualified to determine the breeding of a bunch of stray dogs?

Forum List

Back