Man Killed By His Own Dogs -- How Could This Happen?

• Banned
So far as I know, no. One Rottie is all, as far as vicious breeds are concerned.

When I was in high school, there were reports (or rumors) of Dobbies turning on their masters. The common belief was, too many had been brought back from Vietnam and never properly socialized, and one day they just "turned". But I haven't heard such a rumor in decades.

I wonder if the guy just had too many? They were overcrowded, or a pack mentality took hold?

So far as I know, no. One Rottie is all, as far as vicious breeds are concerned.

When I was in high school, there were reports (or rumors) of Dobbies turning on their masters. The common belief was, too many had been brought back from Vietnam and never properly socialized, and one day they just "turned". But I haven't heard such a rumor in decades.

I wonder if the guy just had too many? They were overcrowded, or a pack mentality took hold?

When I was in my teens one of my uncles had a dobie, that dog was mean if he wasn't around, he finally ended up killing it when it attacked my cousin in front of him.

o nice...dobies have been selectively breed for family dogs now.....there are too many other breeds for guard work and all....one false hood is dobies brains continue to grow and the skull cant contain it and the dog goes mad...wrong

i have only know one person that was bitten by their own dobie....he tryed to put it out in the cold....hello...he should have been paying attention....dobies dont like the cold

• Banned
I think some breeds are more aggressive and if they become suddenly popular, it can lead to bad things...but the guy in the linked article was rescuing strays. That doesn't seem to help understand how this death could have happened.

It seems pretty bizarre for a domesticated animal to attack a human at all, nevermind the one that feeds it.

Most of the dogs that served in the military in Viet Nam were left there. They only brought back a couple of hundred.

These dogs saved many lives while in Viet Nam and were rewarded for their bravery by being left to be killed.

The Dobie has pretty much had all of the meaness bred out of them. This dog was the dog chosen by the Marine Corp as the dog they preferred to use in their branch of the Military. The Marines finally had to give up because Dobies nowadays are just to nice.

I see some on the Shutzhund field, mostly German Bred dogs, these guys are tough as nails. The American Dobie, no way.

As for the strays turning on folks. Well. The strays were probably pretty feral and who knows what turns them on or off.

Best dog breed EVER

Attachments

• $dane pics (1).jpg
    $dane pics (1).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 84
  • $dane pics (2).jpg
    $dane pics (2).jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 164
  • $ec771d5e-74fa-420d-91d8-6086bbf8a85c.jpg
    $ec771d5e-74fa-420d-91d8-6086bbf8a85c.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 180

Pack mentality I expect, Like Tea Partiers at a rally.

Great danes, ConHog?

Yes maam. I have a male and a female. we breed them every year, $900 and one like that little harlequin darling could be yours. Purebred , papers , shots , the whole deal.

I've had like 8 of them , not counting puppies that I've eventually sold. I love them , they are friendly, easy going, faithful, and really I can only think of three flaws.

1) They hate water, so bath time is a bitch, there are some exceptions but most hate water
2) They are the fartiest dog you've ever met
3) They tend not to live long 6-8 years, just long enough to get attached

My male is 54" at the shoulders and weighs 205 lbs, he's a big dude, but just so even tempered, my 2 year old treats him like a pillow and he just whatever if he gets tired he just walks away...

I am glad the dogs killed THEIR master instead of some poor innocent person. Now they just need to kill the dogs.

Forum List

Back