Man allegedly executes DUI that killed his sons.

Ya, I'm so threatening that's why I post current pictures of myself (rolls eyes.) Unlike others...I stand by everything I write, hence not shying away from being identifiable.

Vigilante justice is not okay. If you allow one person to take the law into his own hands, you open the door for others to do the same. It's a slippery slope leading to a lawless nation.

Which is why things like the Death Penalty need to be kept on the table as long as there is popular support for it. If people don't think justice is being done, they will take the law into their own hands. With current DWI homicide laws, there is far too much leniency, although this is changing.

That being said, the guy is guilty of at least manslaughter. I see the trauma of seeing his sons killed as a mitigating factor.

Horseshit...this is MURDER ONE with SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES! (Lying in wait.) THIS is an open and shut case that DEMANDS the death penalty.

He woke up that morning thinking he wanted to kill this guy? He planned the murder out carefully and with intent?

He watched his sons brutalized, and went and got a gun and killed the guy. It is not a forgiving circumstance, but it is a mitigating one.

Also, they will have a hard enough time proving he was the guy who shot him, let alone prove murder one.

Yes, it can be justified. But it is not justice. Justice does not come in a fit of rage.

Justice would be his kids alive. Revenge is sometimes all you have and I would not convict him for killing the piece of shit who killed his boys.
And this is an example of the subjective emotionalism that justice thankfully guards against.
If I were on that jury I would not convict. That is how our justice system works too.

AOL.com Article - Prosecutor: Father shooting driver was 'execution'

Hope he is found not guilty. Drunk drivers kill someone....they can die themselves.
Vigilante justice is not okay. If you allow one person to take the law into his own hands, you open the door for others to do the same. It's a slippery slope leading to a lawless nation.

Like entering the country illegally.
This is a false analogy. I thought you were smarter than that. There is no comparison between entering an area illegally and killing someone in a fit of rage. Taking the law into your own hands is not the same as entering an area illegally. Comparing what the illegal immigrants do to trespassing would be a reasonable analogy: shooting someone to death in a fit of rage is not.

Esmeralda...if some idiot drunk driver killed my two children, you can bet your hiney I would find a gun and stalk the asshole and KILL him. I would not care if I went to jail. Nothing would matter except to make that scumbag pay, and any family that mourns him, pays as well.
But thats how I roll.

Hope he is found not guilty. Drunk drivers kill someone....they can die themselves.

This is a false analogy. I thought you were smarter than that. There is no comparison between entering an area illegally and killing someone in a fit of rage. Taking the law into your own hands is not the same as entering an area illegally. Comparing what the illegal immigrants do to trespassing would be a reasonable analogy: shooting someone to death in a fit of rage is not.

The law is the law and a slippery slope is a slippery slope.

No false analogy at all.

The only difference is proportionality of the offenses.

The law of the land is the LEGAL immigration system.

A person who enters the country illegally takes the law into their own hands.

If you oppose taking the law into ones own hands...you should apply that standard consistently.

Esmeralda...if some idiot drunk driver killed my two children, you can bet your hiney I would find a gun and stalk the asshole and KILL him. I would not care if I went to jail. Nothing would matter except to make that scumbag pay, and any family that mourns him, pays as well.
But thats how I roll.

Yeah, that makes you a real badass. But then, it is just posting on the internet.

Look, no one is saying they don't understand why the father did it. But if you think allowing revenge killings is the answer, you are clueless.

Now, as for your "...and any family that mourns him, pays as well", what does that mean? You will then go kill the drunk driver's family too?

No false analogy at all.

If you oppose taking the law into ones own hands...you should apply that standard consistently.
Crossing the border illegally is not vigilantism, which is what you are trying to say it is. Stop being intellectually dishonest and I'll have more respect for you.

No false analogy at all.

If I am doing 60 mph in a 55 mph zone, am I doing the same as intentionally murdering someone?

But thats how I roll.

Yeah, that makes you a real badass. But then, it is just posting on the internet.

Look, no one is saying they don't understand why the father did it. But if you think allowing revenge killings is the answer, you are clueless.

Now, as for your "...and any family that mourns him, pays as well", what does that mean? You will then go kill the drunk driver's family too?
I didn't say I condone it. I said I understand it.
And no, I would not kill the family of the idiot. I would want them to suffer just like I would if those were my children. Now go fuck yourself.

You have already convicted him without any proof he did it and you want to talk about Justice? Read the article, they have no weapon, no gunshot residue on the accused and no witnesses. Further they have testimony that indicates lots of people had access and several people fled the scene.

No false analogy at all.

Crossing the border illegally is not vigilantism, which is what you are trying to say it is. Stop being intellectually dishonest and I'll have more respect for you.

Translation...you have no argument to make.

Got it.

No false analogy at all.

If I am doing 60 mph in a 55 mph zone, am I doing the same as intentionally murdering someone?

Proportionality.

But a terrific slippery slope argument.

How many people drive 55 in a 55 mph zone?

They have decided that the law doesn't apply to them, and they choose to ignore the law.

There is no consequence of driving 60 in a 55, so next time it 65...they are in a hurry...and the next time it's 67 because everyone else is doing it, the 70, then 72 and CRASH...someone is dead.

But thats how I roll.

I didn't say I condone it. I said I understand it.
And no, I would not kill the family of the idiot. I would want them to suffer just like I would if those were my children. Now go fuck yourself.

Oh, so you can go off on someone, but you take offense when someone calls you on it? lol Nice.

I am going off on someone that CHOSE to get in a vehicle, DRUNK, and kill TWO children. I don't take offense at whatever you have to say to me, bubba. You mean squat.

Forum List

Back