Mammoth Mountain to Stay Open Into August After Recording Its Snowiest May Ever

Snowfall is a thing of the past!

Mammoth Mountain to Stay Open Into August After Recording Its Snowiest May Ever.

Heat is cold
Rain is drought

It's funny. I've been following a few "climate" threads here looking for anything to convince me that MMCC is truly real and will be disastrous if we don't take draconian measures NOW to save the planet, but so far, all I've gotten from believers is obtuse gibberish full of obscure techno jargon about how a CO2 atom vibrates at 2000 feet. One thread asked what greenhouse model did we choose so I googled "greenhouse model" and all the hits I got were for kits to build actual garden greenhouses! o_O

SO, I widened my criteria to specify greenhouse WARMING models and found this excellent and interesting treatise:

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/i.../whatgreenhouse/moncktongreenhousewarming.pdf

Being involved in the physical sciences much of my life, I've come to the conclusion that things that are true are usually pretty intuitive to understand (the common sense test) or at least can be expressed that way, whereas when something is super-complicated and circuitous, presented as being "over the head" of most people, such as why all the late snowfall there or my two months of cold Spring (average -10° below normal) and cannot be made relatable to the public at large (most people are not stupid), then it is likely HORSESHIT.

One interesting thing I saw reading several GHTs was the reliance on greenhouse radiation as a major mechanism, after one person here (SSDD) showed me a pretty convincing argument why CO2 radiation seems very unlikely or possible.

Whether models will predict far distant (50-100 years) warming, time will tell. If CO2 emissions from man are SOLELY responsibly, why is that hard to prove? A better idea would be how to resolve the issue without putting man back in the 1800s. Seems the obvious answer is to cut population growth and steer us back to 1960s population levels until we outgrow the need for hydrocarbons.

I for one would love to see the world back at 6 billion and nations like China being much more conscientious about their policies.

Last edited:
We haven't even hit 100 yet in Arizona. I think I saw an Arctic Fox on my run this morning. Maybe it was a dog.

100 degrees was a regular occurrence here in NY a few decades ago. Almost never seen anymore. Summers the past few years in the low 80's every day. Odd.....a few spells/summer of 90+ was commonplace. Not anymore....swimming in the ocean in the evenings a thing of the past.....sucks.

Global warming is ghey.....still waiting for it to arrive in NY.

Climate is weather..

Lol....I think after 15 years, nobody is buying that narrative.....except the climate obsessed, of course.

When people are spending 9 months a year freezing their nuts off, it kinda makes global warming irrelevant to them.....:2up:
Much of America is going to get 9 days of summer this year.

Can we say Maunder Minimum yet?

We haven't even hit 100 yet in Arizona. I think I saw an Arctic Fox on my run this morning. Maybe it was a dog.

100 degrees was a regular occurrence here in NY a few decades ago. Almost never seen anymore. Summers the past few years in the low 80's every day. Odd.....a few spells/summer of 90+ was commonplace. Not anymore....swimming in the ocean in the evenings a thing of the past.....sucks.

Global warming is ghey.....still waiting for it to arrive in NY.
Well maybe the end of the evening ocean swims saved a few people from being eaten by Jaws, so there's that.

Mammoth Mountain to Stay Open Into August After Recording Its Snowiest May Ever.

Heat is cold
Rain is drought
Yet another instance of you pointing out an extreme weather event as proof global warming is not real.

You don't even realize how backwards that is do you.
I will file that under:

Meteorologist Calls Out Ocasio-Cortez for Linking Tornado Warning to Climate Change
How nice for you.

Heat is cold
Rain is drought
Yet another instance of you pointing out an extreme weather event as proof global warming is not real.

I will file that under:

Meteorologist Calls Out Ocasio-Cortez for Linking Tornado Warning to Climate Change

Stupid is as stupid does....

These idiots had no clue that DC gets these warnings occasionally? What a bunch of idiots...:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Heat is cold
Rain is drought

Extreme? Is that the largest snowfall ever? Wasn't that area once completely covered by glaciers year round? And if it is extreme....do describe the mechanism by which CO2 makes the climate both the hottest and coldest evah....

Heat is cold
Rain is drought

Extreme? Is that the largest snowfall ever? Wasn't that area once completely covered by glaciers year round? And if it is extreme....do describe the mechanism by which CO2 makes the climate both the hottest and coldest evah....

Translation:
"Quick deflect to the same old questions!!"

Heat is cold
Rain is drought

Translation:

The same old questions that go to the heart of the matter..the same old questions that you can't answer because to do so would force you to face the ugly truth about your religion..

Is there anything "extreme" about the amount of snow in that area when you consider a period of time greater than 100 years?

Heat is cold
Rain is drought

Translation:

The same old questions that go to the heart of the matter..the same old questions that you can't answer because to do so would force you to face the ugly truth about your religion..

Is there anything "extreme" about the amount of snow in that area when you consider a period of time greater than 100 years?
There is no room for debate, your conversational gambits are outdated.

Have a nice day.

Heat is cold
Rain is drought

Translation:

There is no room for debate, your conversational gambits are outdated.

Have a nice day.

Tuck tail and run....you are an adept at the tactic.

What's the matter? Can't bring yourself to actually consider the historical snowfall because it might show your claim of "extreme" weather to be nothing but a baseless claim?

And of course there is no room for debate.....if your beliefs are questioned, you must run away because whoever gave your your opinion, didn't bother to tell you that there just isn't enough real data out there to defend it....so you are left calling names as if that were anything like a defense of your position.

Check it out, more denier dopes who confuse temperature with precipitation. Not the brightest crowd, those deniers.

Also, not the most honest, as nobody ever said snowfall was a thing of the past.

Deniers, why is the idea that "warming" refers to "temperature" so difficult for you to grasp?

Forum List

Back