Mall Robbery...unarmed good samaritan shot and killed, armed citizen shoots and wounds robber...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
There was a mall robbery in San Antonio, Texas.......as the robbers were leaving an unarmed, good samaritan foolishly tried to stop them....and was shot and killed. Another good Samaritan....armed with a legally carried concealed pistol shot and critically injured one of the criminals.....

One killed, 5 hospitalized in San Antonio mall robbery 'gone really, really bad'

A Good Samaritan was shot and killed trying to prevent a jewelry store robbery at a San Antonio mall Sunday afternoon and five others were hospitalized, local police said.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus described the shooting at the Rolling Oaks Mall as a "robbery gone really, really bad."

Investigators say two men attempted to rob a Kay Jewelers store in the mall, which is located northeast of downtown San Antonio.

As the suspects tried to get away, they ran into two bystanders.

McManus said one of the men who tried to intervene was shot and killed.

The other Good Samaritan, who had a concealed carry permit, shot one of the suspects.

From ABC news....on how the shooting actually went down......the concealed carry person didn't fire till the robbers murdered the unarmed, good samaritan....

2 suspects arrested in deadly San Antonio mall shooting

After the suspects fled the store, a man, described by McManus as a "good Samaritan," tried to stop the two men.

One of the robbers then fatally shot the man, McManus said.

A second individual, who was carrying a licensed concealed weapon, then shot and wounded the robber who had killed the person who intervened, McManus said.

There was a mall robbery in San Antonio, Texas.......as the robbers were leaving an unarmed, good samaritan foolishly tried to stop them....and was shot and killed. Another good Samaritan....armed with a legally carried concealed pistol shot and critically injured one of the criminals.....

One killed, 5 hospitalized in San Antonio mall robbery 'gone really, really bad'

A Good Samaritan was shot and killed trying to prevent a jewelry store robbery at a San Antonio mall Sunday afternoon and five others were hospitalized, local police said.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus described the shooting at the Rolling Oaks Mall as a "robbery gone really, really bad."

Investigators say two men attempted to rob a Kay Jewelers store in the mall, which is located northeast of downtown San Antonio.

The other Good Samaritan, who had a concealed carry permit, shot one of the suspects.
The local mall in my town does not allow concealed carry.

Same here....

Same here....
I hears lots of CCW people just either don't go to the mall or carry anyway. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Same here....
I hears lots of CCW people just either don't go to the mall or carry anyway. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Yeah...that might sound good...till you get arrested for carrying your gun....and then you have to hire a lawyer, pay the fees and costs, and then very likely loose the abiilty to carry a gun legally forever after that.......

Yeah...that might sound good...till you get arrested for carrying your gun....and then you have to hire a lawyer, pay the fees and costs, and then very likely loose the abiilty to carry a gun legally forever after that.......
Might depend on the state but I think all they could do is ban you, not have you arrested. If someone carried without your permission into your home can you have them arrested?

Same here....

I agree. I wouldn't do it.

Wow, I used to go to that mall. Kind of a ghetto ass mall though, it really went down hill and that was like 7 years ago. The Walmart right near it is one to stay away from unless you are armed.

To bad he didn't kill that POS.

Wow, I used to go to that mall. Kind of a ghetto ass mall though, it really went down hill and that was like 7 years ago. The Walmart right near it is one to stay away from unless you are armed.

Yeah, we had a Walmart like that in Nashville. A guy had to stand his ground against a gallon of milk.

Man accidentally shoots self in leg at Walmart

It is a good thing then that as more Americans now own and actually carry guns, incidents like that are going down, not up......

Forum List

Back