Mall Killing and Other Mass Killings

"How many children have to die so you can keep your penis enhancer?"
Things like that.

That is arguing that the deaths were unnecessary and pointless, not that they had to happen.

So...no not really the same thing at all.

"How many children have to die so you can keep your penis enhancer?"
Things like that.

I get it. You call your gun your "penis enhancer?" Weird.

I think the difference is that most people accept motor vehicles as necessary for everyday life. Most people do not view guns the same way (even if they feel they are important). Given the choice of either owning a motor vehicle or guns (but not both), what do you think most people would choose?

Oh I know. Instead we live in a crime infested country where I see murders and rapes go on in front of me every day. By the way...how many violent crimes have you ever seen?

The thick of it? Yes the jungle-like society we find ourselves in where I look over my shoulder every second prepared to get killed and robbed. No, wait, I don't. And I live in NYC...where do you live kid? Some rural area where they have 3 burgularies a year?

Well then we should equip the army with forks then, right?

Most lobbiests aren't lawyers. And the fact that you are barely literate reassures me.

Well because you want your toys really makes me reconsider. Letting morons have toys or not letting morons have an easy way to kill me. Not a hard choice.

Right...so incredibly lucky. As well as everyone I know.

Oh, I don't know, human decency maybe?

Oh noes the sky is falling! Right our society is on the verge of collapse and anarchy. So says the wise prophet Lookout.

Actually carrying a gun in my city is a 3 year mandatory prison sentence. Care to tell me how that will help the people I care about?

Barely literate? I may not be the college professor you are but atleast i sleep very well at night knowing that if someone unwelcome comes in my house, they are leaving in a body bag. All the fancy words and retorical crap in the world wont save your ass in a clinch. As far as the other questions, you are not worth my time to answer. Go take all your anti gun crap and your time wasted on this board running your mouth for nothing and see if it will buy you a cup of coffee. I'm pretty sure you will still need $1.50
I live in Texas. You probably dont want to ever come here...Most of us own guns and it is ok to carry them in our vehicles.

All your fear about the outside world and the uncontrollable wont fix anything and all your words are meaningless...There are guns! people have them and will weather the law is changed or not...get used to it!!! or put a helmet on!

God help you and or anyone you love should the right situation present itself, cause you cant and wont...Cannon Foder! As far as the anarchy thing...at least i see it comming like many others. If you would pull your head out of the sand, or your ass long enough for some oxygen to get to your brain, you might see it too...No...wont happen...You are another one of those people that can look right at something and not see it...It is called DENIAL...DONT EVEN KNOW I AM LYING!

I found this with barely any effort, just for hopeless, helpless Larkinn.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cvus05.pdf

check pages 74 and 75 for the following information.

Total crimes committed 2005 ( property and violent)

known crimes committed with a weapon ( does not specify firearm )

so much for most crimes committed with a firearm...

Now then you will also find on page 75 the breakdown for armed and unarmed violent crimes....

Total Violent crimes

and again for the dense...

Total committed armed

that being a tad over 27 percent of violent crimes committed with a weapon.

Now Larkinn be so kind as to spin this....

I get it. You call your gun your "penis enhancer?" Weird.
That was just plain stupid.

I think the difference is that most people accept motor vehicles as necessary for everyday life. Most people do not view guns the same way (even if they feel they are important).
Relevance?

Given the choice of either owning a motor vehicle or guns (but not both), what do you think most people would choose?
False Dichotomy.

percentfirearmmr1.gif

Source: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/guns.htm

After 1996, less than 10% of nonfatal violent crimes involved firearm.

To view data, click on the chart.

Percent of Nonfatal Violent Crime Incidents Involving a Firearm Chart[D]

Note: The violent crimes included are rape and sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated and simple assault.

Source: National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS). Ongoing since 1972 with a redesign in 1993, this survey of households interviews about 134,000 persons age 12 and older in 77,200 households twice each year about their victimizations from crime.

That was just plain stupid.

Fair enough. I was just having a little fun.

Relevance?

It shows the difference between what people perceive about gun ownership and ownership of motor vehicles. It plays into the cost/benefit analysis again. The greater the benefit (necessity), the greater the costs that people are willing to accept.

False Dichotomy.

It is not a false dichotomy. It is just a question. Since I set up the hypothetical, it isn't "false." It is just a hypothetical. It was meant to demonstrate that people feel even more strongly (with good practical reason) about their motor vehicles than their guns. People are willing to accept that deaths will occur because of driving because they view driving as a necessity. Fewer people feel the same way about guns.

Hey Larkin...Just because you won a couple spelling bee's, does not make your life any more valuable than someone else.
Get out from behind your book and enter the real world. Get some real world experience before running your mouth about shit you don't understand or know anything about boy.

When Larkinn gets back someone let him know I provided his ask for statistics as has Kath...I will look forward to his retraction or his Mensa boy spin on facts.

Hey Larkin...Just because you won a couple spelling bee's, does not make your life any more valuable than someone else.
Get out from behind your book and enter the real world. Get some real world experience before running your mouth about shit you don't understand or know anything about boy.

What does that mean? Who sets the standard for when someone can have opinions about gun control? Isn't it a timely national topic that affects more than just gun owners?

Barely literate? I may not be the college professor you are

I'm not a college professor. As I said...barely literate.

but atleast i sleep very well at night knowing that if someone unwelcome comes in my house, they are leaving in a body bag.

I sleep quite well at night.

All the fancy words and retorical crap in the world wont save your ass in a clinch. As far as the other questions, you are not worth my time to answer. Go take all your anti gun crap and your time wasted on this board running your mouth for nothing and see if it will buy you a cup of coffee. I'm pretty sure you will still need $1.50

Its not worth your time to anwser, but yet you'll spend time telling me that and spewing some retarded shit about coffee. Alright then.

I live in Texas. You probably dont want to ever come here...Most of us own guns and it is ok to carry them in our vehicles.

I've been there. It was quite unpleasant.

All your fear about the outside world and the uncontrollable wont fix anything and all your words are meaningless...There are guns! people have them and will weather the law is changed or not...get used to it!!! or put a helmet on!

All of my fear? Its you who is freaking out about what might happen.

God help you and or anyone you love should the right situation present itself, cause you cant and wont...Cannon Foder!

It won't. I have the intelligence and resources not to get myself into situations like that.

As far as the anarchy thing...at least i see it comming like many others.
If you would pull your head out of the sand, or your ass long enough for some oxygen to get to your brain, you might see it too...No...wont happen...You are another one of those people that can look right at something and not see it...It is called DENIAL...DONT EVEN KNOW I AM LYING!

Its not denial its called having some intelligence. You are one of those retarded doomsayers who think the world is always about to end. Ohhh no we are about to devolve into anarchy! I bet you have a bomb shelter fully stocked as well and go to 9/11 truth rallies.

Actually you were the one who said it would be ok if I died. I wasn't comparing the value of lives, you were. As I said, barely literate.

I found this with barely any effort, just for hopeless, helpless Larkinn.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/cvus05.pdf

check pages 74 and 75 for the following information.

Total crimes committed 2005 ( property and violent)

known crimes committed with a weapon ( does not specify firearm )

so much for most crimes committed with a firearm...

Now then you will also find on page 75 the breakdown for armed and unarmed violent crimes....

Total Violent crimes

and again for the dense...

Total committed armed

that being a tad over 27 percent of violent crimes committed with a weapon.

Now Larkinn be so kind as to spin this....

Miss this Larkinn? ohh and Kath has one for you too. Shall I quote her so you don't have to actually look?

By the way, congratulations on backing up one of your assertions. Is this a pattern or just a one off shot?

I'm not a college professor. As I said...barely literate.

I sleep quite well at night.

Its not worth your time to anwser, but yet you'll spend time telling me that and spewing some retarded shit about coffee. Alright then.

I've been there. It was quite unpleasant.

All of my fear? Its you who is freaking out about what might happen.

It won't. I have the intelligence and resources not to get myself into situations like that.

Its not denial its called having some intelligence. You are one of those retarded doomsayers who think the world is always about to end. Ohhh no we are about to devolve into anarchy! I bet you have a bomb shelter fully stocked as well and go to 9/11 truth rallies.

You pencil pushing pin headed little prick. Go put on your superman outfit and save the world. If you were one of 28 people in a 27 man fallout shelter during a real emergency, you would be the first person out the door!
When the real shit hits the fan, I am glad to know I wont have to deal with you or your kind...they will all already be daed! OOH...I know...Larkin for president...Whats your foreign policy...Throw money at the enemy? OOH I know...we can all put on pink suites and hand out flowers to the criminals with guns...Fuck You and please dont buy a gun and learn to use it. You dont care about your own life or anyone elses...People like you are oxygen thieves...You are breathing the air meant for real intelligent people who have souls. You might be book smart but that does not make your soul or your beingness worth anything... there was just a mensa member on the show are you smarter than a fifth grader, and guess what, he wasnt!

It's not denial??? That in and of itself is denial...Too smart for your own good. Can't even look at your self for a minute...Deny, deny, deny...Thats your story and you are sticking to it...Thats real intelligence...The definition of intelligence is the ability to continue to learn...Looks like that leaves you out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You pencil pushing pin headed little prick. Go put on your superman outfit and save the world. If you were one of 28 people in a 27 man fallout shelter during a real emergency, you would be the first person out the door!
When the real shit hits the fan, I am glad to know I wont have to deal with you or your kind...they will all already be daed! OOH...I know...Larkin for president...Whats your foreign policy...Throw money at the enemy? OOH I know...we can all put on pink suites and hand out flowers to the criminals with guns...Fuck You and please dont buy a gun and learn to use it. You dont care about your own life or anyone elses...People like you are oxygen thieves...You are breathing the air meant for real intelligent people who have souls. You might be book smart but that does not make your soul or your beingness worth anything... there was just a mensa member on the show are you smarter than a fifth grader, and guess what, he wasnt!

That was a deep and insightful post. It demonstrates true reflection and an open-mindedness to the points of views of others. Kudos to you sir.

By the way, "..." is not the same thing as a period. Just press the button one time. That is all you need.

Based on what? Your opinion? Most people aren't as stupid as you. And I suspect I will do a lot more to help the world than you will, cowering in your basement afraid of anarchy.

By the way...good luck when that comes. Just to reassure you I'd like to remind you of one of the best trained fighting forces in the world is in a vaguely anarchistic situation in Iraq with significantly superior firepower than you and no women/children to look after. So far over 3800 of them have died.

Good luck when the anarchy comes. You'll need it.

When the real shit hits the fan, I am glad to know I wont have to deal with you or your kind...they will all already be daed! OOH...I know...Larkin for president

Wow...this is the third little rant you've gone on. Going to respond to anything I say or just continue on with the verbal diahrea?

...Whats your foreign policy...Throw money at the enemy? OOH I know...we can all put on pink suites and hand out flowers to the criminals with guns

Right :wtf: Actually my foreign policy would likely be a lot more militaristic than yours.

...Fuck You and please dont buy a gun and learn to use it.

Ahh, so now its the other side of your schizophrendic personality coming out. Buy a gun, don't buy a gun, whatever will I do?

You dont care about your own life or anyone elses.

Lmfao...right. I'm planning on dedicating my life to HR work, but I don't care about my life or anyone elses because I don't own something designed to kill people. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Man when I said you were barely literate I think I was overstating it.

..People like you are oxygen thieves...You are breathing the air meant for real intelligent people who have souls.

Right...gun ownership=soul. :wtf:

You might be book smart but that does not make your soul or your beingness worth anything... there was just a mensa member on the show are you smarter than a fifth grader, and guess what, he wasnt!

Really, you aren't qualified to tell me what my soul or my beingness are worth. But thanks for trying.

No one is able to prove being armed prevents needless gun deaths. The facts all seem to point in the other direction. We have an incredible number of deaths by guns because we have this nutty idea they are about freedom. In the end the question becomes do you want to live in a world in which people are armed because they are afraid of their neighbor. Is that the world view you choose to believe operates to control behavior? If you are a gun hugger, insecure, afraid of the dark, then yes, being armed makes you feel secure. For those of us who aren't afraid of the dark we will keep our weapons locked and secured and only used for purposes other being scaredeecats. Ultimately as all statistics show that would be the safer, saner world.

http://www.texansforgunsafety.org/world.htm

"...if you review these reports, you will see that most of handgun homicides happen among people that know each other, many of these relatives."

http://www.texansforgunsafety.org/houston.htm

Forum List

Back