Mall Killing and Other Mass Killings

And thats a stupid idea. You have this idea of criminals as all being cold calculating individuals who plan their crimes months in advance. Most crimes are done spur of the moment and involve alcohol. Yes, the criminals really are acting so terribly rationally. By the way...assuming everyone has a gun will change criminals MO drastically. They will just kill their victims first no matter what.

Link to this "fact"? No? Didn't think so. If they are well off enough to spend several hundred on a gun, I'm sure they can manage to get to the next town over.

Link to evidence of this? No? Didn't think so. This is a ridiculous statement.

Right...more unsupported assertions. Glory be.

Hey Larkin...I've been reading your posts and have a few questions for you...You married?...Got any children at home?...If a drunk (according to you) low life drug addict high on drugs broke into your house while you were there and got to your kitchen and grabbed a knife out of your droor because he heard you comming to check out what the noise was and you startled him as you turned on the light...You want a gun or do you want to die???cause either way is ok with me!:clap2:

As was mentioned before -- he believes what he wants to believe regaredless of what he has to support it or what everidence there is to the contrary.

Given that, you're wasting your time.

You are the one who ran away from the thread, kid. Couldn't handle the evidence it seems.

By the way...what exactly is it I believe here?

Hey Larkin...I've been reading your posts and have a few questions for you...You married?...Got any children at home?...If a drunk (according to you) low life drug addict high on drugs broke into your house while you were there and got to your kitchen and grabbed a knife out of your droor because he heard you comming to check out what the noise was and you startled him as you turned on the light...You want a gun or do you want to die???cause either way is ok with me!:clap2:

I would rather be reassured he doesn't have a gun considering I have other things to do besides get trained in guns so that I can defend myself.

And your ok with someone dying because they disagree with you? Pathetic.

I would rather be reassured he doesn't have a gun considering I have other things to do besides get trained in guns so that I can defend myself.

Pathetic...You are what is known in my circle of friends as "CANNON FODER"! You have no balls and hide the fact that you don't believe your own life is worth saving, behind satirical innuendos and fear. Too scared to actually take care of business. Afraid of living and afraid of dying...So, why should I care if you get a gun and defend yourself, or stupid up and just sit on this message board all day and let life run you over like a steam roller??? Get busy living or get busy dying but let those of us who believe in saving our own lives and the lives of our loved ones have our guns.

Pathetic...You are what is known in my circle of friends as "CANNON FODER"! You have no balls and hide the fact that you don't believe your own life is worth saving, behind satirical innuendos and fear.

Ooooh another psycho-analyst. Tell me more oh wise Lookout.

Too scared to actually take care of business. Afraid of living and afraid of dying...So, why should I care if you get a gun and defend yourself, or stupid up and just sit on this message board all day and let life run you over like a steam roller??? Get busy living or get busy dying but let those of us who believe in saving our own lives and the lives of our loved ones have our guns.

See I'd rather live in a life where I don't need a gun to protect myself. In fact I've never needed one to protect myself, nor has anyone that I know. Lmao...you think I sit on here all day? I come here in between studying for a law degree. I know, I know...cowardly really, but what can I do.

Pathetic...You are what is known in my circle of friends as "CANNON FODER"! You have no balls and hide the fact that you don't believe your own life is worth saving, behind satirical innuendos and fear.
Some people don't have the mental or emotional maturity to take responsibility for their own self-defense.

These people, knowing they are wholly depedent on others to protect them, insist on forcing those of us that DO have the mental and emotional maturity to take responsibility for our own self-defense to become as wholly depenent on others as they are -- that is, they project their mental and emotional weaknesses on the rest of us.

They think:
"If -I- don't have the mental or emotional maturity to take responsibility for my own self-defense, then certainly these nuckle-draggers don't. They must be saved from themselves!"

Its sad, really.
But then, its expected.

So a knife or a fork or a shovel or a club or hell a broken glass can not kill you? Can not injure you?

Hell you can be beaten to death with bare hands as well. Last I checked someone high on drugs isn't going to be easily put down if all you have is a broomstick.

And personally I don not advocate you getting a gun unless you plan to learn to use it properly and safely AND learn to store it inas safe a manner as possible based on the situation in your home.

The point being a GUN can do NOTHING without some PERSON using it. And your assumption that simply having a gun ensures more murder, more robberies, more crime is ignorant and also completely unproven. MOST crimes are in fact committed with NO firearm at all.

As to accidents. lets do that math again shall we....

I will take the conservative estimate of the number of weapons in civilian hands ( law abiding). that would be 200 million. Now generally the accident rate fluxs between 800 and maybe 1200 a year, so we will round to 1000.

Do I need to tell you the percentage of 1000 compared to 200 million? That is .000005 . That is right, so insignificant a percentage as to be meaningless. And if we change the accidental deaths to total population it gets even smaller.

Now remind us why 50000 accidental deaths a year are acceptable with cars but 1000 a year due to guns is not? Why a 16 year old can buy a car as long as they have a drivers license and the money BUT a 21 year old can not buy a pistol unless he waits at least 5 days, has a criminal background check run , is barred if he is a felon or has ever been convicted of family disturbance and has to have a permission slip from the local Sheriff? Ohh I forgot, if he has ever been committed to a mental facility or adjudged incompetent. None of those reason stop a 16 year old from buying a car in a matter of minutes.

Further of the two events, owning a firearm is a PROTECTED right of the Constitution, while no one has a RIGHT to own a car.

Just curious.

Some people don't have the mental or emotional maturity to take responsibility for their own self-defense.

I know...Gandhi and MLK were so mentally and emotionally immature :wtf:

Sorry I have other things to do with my time besides learn how to kill people. We don't live in the jungle anymore, we live in a civilized society. Some animals like you haven't learned how to adapt to that yet.

These people, knowing they are wholly depedent on others to protect them, insist on forcing those of us that DO have the mental and emotional maturity to take responsibility for our own self-defense to become as wholly depenent on others as they are -- that is, they project their mental and emotional weaknesses on the rest of us.

You have emotional and mental maturity? The way you are spewing bullshit here I wouldn't guess it. From the low degree of rationality in your posts I'd rather you not have a gun.

They think:
"If -I- don't have the mental or emotional maturity to take responsibility for my own self-defense, then certainly these nuckle-draggers don't. They must be saved from themselves!"

Ooooh, and now your clairvoyant. Tell me what else I think massah.

Now remind us why 50000 accidental deaths a year are acceptable with cars but 1000 a year due to guns is not?

Without getting into the whole argument, this one is easy. Simply, the economic benefits of the transportation system far outweigh the benefits of gun ownership. More people would be worse off if we prohibited all driving than if we prohibited all gun ownership.

I know...Gandhi and MLK were so mentally and emotionally immature :wtf:

Sorry I have other things to do with my time besides learn how to kill people. We don't live in the jungle anymore, we live in a civilized society. Some animals like you haven't learned how to adapt to that yet.

You have emotional and mental maturity? The way you are spewing bullshit here I wouldn't guess it. From the low degree of rationality in your posts I'd rather you not have a gun.

Ooooh, and now your clairvoyant. Tell me what else I think massah.

Larkinn in the above rants by these two I disagree. If one does not WANT to own a gun, that is fine, even if we still had militias and all able bodied were required to drill, I would support and want a clause to allow those that have no desire to use a gun be given some other needed task in said militia.

Owning a gun is a responsibility and one should learn how to operate, store, load unload and handle a weapon.

Without getting into the whole argument, this one is easy. Simply, the economic benefits of the transportation system far outweigh the benefits of gun ownership. More people would be worse off if we prohibited all driving than if we prohibited all gun ownership.
So...
Its OK for people -- a LOT of people -- to die, so long as 'enough' people benefit from whatever killed them?

What happened to "if it saves one life'?

Ooooh another psycho-analyst. Tell me more oh wise Lookout.

See I'd rather live in a life where I don't need a gun to protect myself. In fact I've never needed one to protect myself, nor has anyone that I know. Lmao...you think I sit on here all day? I come here in between studying for a law degree. I know, I know...cowardly really, but what can I do.

Larkin...We would all love to live in a perfect world where there is no violence. That is not the case though...We are already here in the thick of it and taking away everyones guns will only lead to more violence. Guns don't kill people, People kill people. I have never heard of a gun getting up all by itself and killing someone. I have heard of people using everything known to man to kill someone else with though. The fact that you are studying law scares me! It just means another lobbiest for gun controll. If you don't like guns...fine! I do! and so do 80 million others in this country. Just because you havn't needed one yet just means you have been lucky so far. If you don't want to protect your own life, why should I care if you get killed by some drug crazed addict with a knife in your kitchen? Times are getting really bad and are only going to get worse before they get better...Much worse!...You might consider weather your life is worth saving or the people you care and love, and get a gun and learn how to use it properly. All the ,"I DON'T WANT IT TO BE THIS WAY" wont matter if the right situation presents itself. A gun will! If you don't have it in you to protect yourself and those around you and just couldnt live with yourself if you were to take someones life in self defense, then if it comes to that point in a situation some day...Lay down and die! cya...If you can make it a perfect world herbie, my hat is off to you. If you can make all the guns just magicaly disapear...Please do! but until that happens...Man up. Gun up and get with the program. I hope for your sake you are never put in the kind of situation where you would need a gun. Even if you had one, you wouldn't use it and it would just end up another gun in the hands of the bad guys.

So a knife or a fork or a shovel or a club or hell a broken glass can not kill you? Can not injure you?

Your right...they are just as effective as guns. I guess we should probably start arming our troops with forks now, after all they are cheaper then guns. :wtf:

Hell you can be beaten to death with bare hands as well. Last I checked someone high on drugs isn't going to be easily put down if all you have is a broomstick.

Yeah and you can catch Aids if a helicopter carring tainted blood drops it into your cut. Why aren't we worried about it? It doesn't happen that much.

The point being a GUN can do NOTHING without some PERSON using it. And your assumption that simply having a gun ensures more murder, more robberies, more crime is ignorant and also completely unproven. MOST crimes are in fact committed with NO firearm at all.

Really? I thought that there was an epidemic of guns out there and all criminals had one?

By the way...try sectioning it off to violent crimes and I bet that stat won't be true anymore. Oh, and got a link? No? Didn't think so.

As to accidents. lets do that math again shall we....

I will take the conservative estimate of the number of weapons in civilian hands ( law abiding). that would be 200 million. Now generally the accident rate fluxs between 800 and maybe 1200 a year, so we will round to 1000.

Do I need to tell you the percentage of 1000 compared to 200 million? That is .000005 . That is right, so insignificant a percentage as to be meaningless. And if we change the accidental deaths to total population it gets even smaller.

Ah yes, the whole "American deaths are insignficant" argument again. Genius really.

Now remind us why 50000 accidental deaths a year are acceptable with cars but 1000 a year due to guns is not? Why a 16 year old can buy a car as long as they have a drivers license and the money BUT a 21 year old can not buy a pistol unless he waits at least 5 days, has a criminal background check run , is barred if he is a felon or has ever been convicted of family disturbance and has to have a permission slip from the local Sheriff? Ohh I forgot, if he has ever been committed to a mental facility or adjudged incompetent. None of those reason stop a 16 year old from buying a car in a matter of minutes.

They are called traffic cops. They are a check on driving cars which, by the way, are essential to our nations economy. Oh and by the way those limits you stated are state by state. The kid in VT didn't have any trouble getting his hands on weapons.

Further of the two events, owning a firearm is a PROTECTED right of the Constitution, while no one has a RIGHT to own a car.

Actually thats debatable, but sure.

So...
Its OK for people -- a LOT of people -- to die, so long as 'enough' people benefit from whatever killed them?

What happened to "if it saves one life'?

Welcome to life kid. You too emotionally and mentally instable to handle the realities of that?

Not supported by facts. Mass transit exists as does allowing commercial licenses with strict controls. Just as even in the most restrictive city Police and law enforcement can and do possess weapons.

Further a totally disarmed public only leads to totalitarian governments. Remove from the people the ability to resist and you ensure that eventually Government will become just that, Totalitarian.

Go to Bosnia and tell them how wise it was for them to have no right to own weapons before the split with Yugoslavia.

In short, yes.
How sensitive, compassionate and courageous of you.

Next time it comes up, tell somone this:
"Really, ma'am, I'm sorry your baby died in a car crash - but do you know how many people would suffer if we banned cars? Surely, you can see that your baby isnt THAT important".

It is, after all, your position.

Larkinn are you really incapable of accessing crime statistics from our government? Do I need to spoon feed you? Or is this like in the past simply a request designed to obfusicate an issue in the hopes one won't meet your request?

Forum List

Back