Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

Sad. Why I don't fly. Like my chances more being in a car crash than plane crash.

Yet your chances of dying in a car crash far exceed those of dying in a plane crash.

Not really. Reason that stat is cited is because numerically, there aren't many plane crashes, but lots of car crashes. But comparing the physics involved, you have a much higher probability of surviving an impact at freeway speed than of terminal, or propelled jet velocity.

Vietnam's seaplane detected a suspected object at 8o47'32'' N, 103o22'26'' E, off Tho Chu Island 80km. But because of the night, the salvage cannot be done. The object is said to be "composite", suspected to be a plane's window.

Some other objects are reported to be detected too.

Hypothesis Fox is suggesting, and what I'm thinking too, is the two stolen passport travellers were terrorists and detonated a bomb on-board. Exploding midflight then, no chance to send a mayday. If they detonated standing outside the flight deck, they could have ensured a crash with even minor explosion. Would explain why no transmissions were received indicating distress or other technical issues.

Image of the suspected object detected by Vietnamese seaplane:

anhTN.jpg

Last edited:
Hypothesis Fox is suggesting, and what I'm thinking too, is the two stolen passport travellers were terrorists and detonated a bomb on-board. Exploding midflight then, no chance to send a mayday. If they detonated standing outside the flight deck, they could have ensured a crash with even minor explosion. Would explain why no transmissions were received indicating distress or other technical issues.

it's possible… although i wouldn't put much stock in anything fake news' says

they're saying now that the plane may have turned around before disappearing.

mostly, speculation isn't helpful… especially by something that pretends to be a news outlet

Just because it's Fox doesn't mean it's untrue. In this case was some interview guest they had last night who suggested the scenario.

This is still a mystery.

Sources tell Reuters that the investigation is centring in the possibility that the jet disintegrated in mid air but at the moment all is speculation.

Coming so soon after the knife attack in China this may very well be terrorism even if no one has claimed responsibility that we know of. Our government is certainly capable of burying such information because of the close alliance obama has with terrorists.

Coming so soon after the knife attack in China this may very well be terrorism even if no one has claimed responsibility that we know of. Our government is certainly capable of burying such information because of the close alliance obama has with terrorists.

I just read an article where the Chinese are upset at western media for changing what they defined as a terrorist attack. Newsweek, and Time both questioned if it was a terrorist attack even tough committed by Muslim extremists.

not uncommon for it to take several days to find the wreckage of an aircraft floating on the ocean. Locating and then recovering the flight data recorders, vital to any investigation, can take months or even years. the stolen passports add a terrorist mix to it.
the oil slick stretch's some 9 miles and the cabin door close by.

there were 152 passengers from China, 38 from Malaysia, seven from Indonesia, six from Australia, five from India and three from the U.S. and others from Indonesia, France, New Zealand, Canada, Ukraine, Russia, Taiwan and the Netherlands.

typically composed of sand, although could be of any granular matter that the moving water has access to and is capable of shifting around (for example, soil, silt, gravel, cobble, shingle, or even boulders). The grain size of the material comprising a bar is related to the size of the waves or the strength of the currents moving the material, but the availability of material to be worked by waves and currents is also important.

okay so they dont really know much at this point...and i see an article saying the two passengers with false id's had booked seats on a 2nd flight...could they simply be drug dealers who picked the wrong flight?

Forum List

Back