Make College Free! (For Americans)

hellraiser

Apr 16, 2016
If college were free here like it is in some other countries, I would have probably went. Instead, I looked at the possibility of affording a college education about the same as the possibility that I might ever fly to the moon. Most people believe that a college education is good for society in general. If that is the case, wouldn't it be best to improve society in general? Also, as things are, those who aren't wealthy have to go into a deep onerous debt to get a college education. But having a college education is no guarantee of finding a job. After all, from what I hear, China is awash with hordes of unemployed engineers. So anybody going into debt to get a college education here would be taking quite a risk. People here shouldn't have to take such a risk. Especially when the outcome could very likely be inproving society in general.

If college were free here like it is in some other countries, I would have probably went. Instead, I looked at the possibility of affording a college education about the same as the possibility that I might ever fly to the moon. Most people believe that a college education is good for society in general. If that is the case, wouldn't it be best to improve society in general? Also, as things are, those who aren't wealthy have to go into a deep onerous debt to get a college education. But having a college education is no guarantee of finding a job. After all, from what I hear, China is awash with hordes of unemployed engineers. So anybody going into debt to get a college education here would be taking quite a risk. People here shouldn't have to take such a risk. Especially when the outcome could very likely be inproving society in general.

If college is "free," then retards will go to college and the leftists will demand standards be lowered because it isn't fair that that the dumb people don't succeed. Soon college will be utterly worthless.

BTW, very few in Europe are allowed to attend college, free or not.

• Banned

If college is "free," then retards will go to college and the leftists will demand standards be lowered because it isn't fair that that the dumb people don't succeed. Soon college will be utterly worthless.

If you go to college, you should expect to adhere to a certain academic level. If you don't do so, you go. End of story. There would be no lowering of standards. Also, in terms of the yearly value of exports, Germany kicks our country's ass all to hell. I doubt if they do so by not allowing people to go to college. Another thing is that I think it was in the documentary "Sicko" that I found out that people in France don't have to pay for college. There was no mention of anybody not being allowed to go to college. I would be shocked of any country disallowed anybody to go to college who wanted to.

If you go to college, you should expect to adhere to a certain academic level. If you don't do so, you go. End of story. There would be no lowering of standards. Also, in terms of the yearly value of exports, Germany kicks our country's ass all to hell. I doubt if they do so by not allowing people to go to college. Another thing is that I think it was in the documentary "Sicko" that I found out that people in France don't have to pay for college. There was no mention of anybody not being allowed to go to college. I would be shocked of any country disallowed anybody to go to college who wanted to.

Far less of the population attends college in Germany. They do so by only selecting those who have the capacity to succeed to enter.

We want every moron to go to college, which will simply make a Baccalaureate program as meaningless as a high school diploma. There was a time when High School signified something, then we demanded that all children must graduate, hence we dumbed it down to the point it means nothing.

• Banned
Tell that to the French. People there don't have to pay for college.

Oh?

So the professors and administrators all donate their time? Text book authors and publishers ask for no compensation?

The government picks up the tab. Just as they do with health care. And there is a limit as to what administrators and college professors are paid. Part of their compensation comes from living in a more fair sociery. Aparently there, politicians think their job is to look after the people. What politicians do here mostly is shaking babies and kissing hands.

• Banned

Far less of the population attends college in Germany. They do so by only selecting those who have the capacity to succeed to enter.

We want every moron to go to college, which will simply make a Baccalaureate program as meaningless as a high school diploma. There was a time when High School signified something, then we demanded that all children must graduate, hence we dumbed it down to the point it means nothing.

Whatever the Germans are doing, they're doing it better than us. Also, I have better things to do than to go digging around on the internet to verify your spurious statements. But I would doubt of the percentage of the German population who goes to college is any different from the percentage of the U.S. population that does. In fact, I would say that the U.S. probably does far worse. Next, the people in the U.S. are made to attend highschool. There is no mandate that they graduate.

[

The government picks up the tab. Just as they do with health care. And there is a limit as to what administrators and college professors are paid. Part of their compensation comes from living in a more fair sociery. Aparently there, politicians think their job is to look after the people. What politicians do here mostly is shaking babies and kissing hands.

So the working people of France pay for it.

Hence college isn't "free." You simply want to leach off of others. You're greedy and want things without having to pay for them.

A Bernie supporter, IOW.

Requirements to go to University in Germany;

- high school diploma (GPA > 3.0)

- AP Calculus AB or BC

- AP Biology or AP Chemistry or two half AP Physics C

- one of AP French / Spanish / Latin / German / English Literature / English Language and Composition

- one other AP

Hochschulkompass.de: Studying in Germany - Prerequisites for studying - Citizenship

About 11% of Germans are accepted.

Whatever the Germans are doing, they're doing it better than us. Also, I have better things to do than to go digging around on the internet to verify your spurious statements. But I would doubt of the percentage of the German population who goes to college is any different from the percentage of the U.S. population that does. In fact, I would say that the U.S. probably does far worse. Next, the people in the U.S. are made to attend highschool. There is no mandate that they graduate.

What they are doing is culling the herd.

Americans attend secondary education at about 5 times the rate that Germans do.

No free college for Americans.

Makes a lot more sense to hire American's to pick produce and flip burgers and with his grammar, that's about all the OP can do anyway.

Meanwhile, the US can go on hiring from other countries - like Trumpery already does and like the GOP keeps voting for. Put up the wall and maybe Trumpery will hire Americans. (Hey, it could happen.)

Let China, India, Europe and other countries educate their people and invest in their own country. We've got better uses for our money, like giving more to the 1%.

[

Hence college isn't "free." You simply want to leach off of others. You're greedy and want things without having to pay for them.

A Bernie supporter, IOW.

- AP Calculus AB or BC

- one of AP French / Spanish / Latin / German / English Literature / English Language and Composition

- one other AP

Hochschulkompass.de: Studying in Germany - Prerequisites for studying - Citizenship

I'm not talking about who DOES pay for it. I'm talking about who DOESN'T pay for it. The students. Also, look at the free health care they have in those countries. Nobody becomes homeless because they can't afford medical treatment. But a LOT of people in the U.S. do. Also, one time across the street from where I live, some tea bagger fuckfaces were holding a demonstration against free health care. At the end of the line and sitting on the back bumper of an open SUV, there were a couple of people who had a sign that supported free health care.

Not being afraid of any stench, I went to talk to them. They used to work for the insurance industry. Their job used to be to dig up reasons for insurance companies to deny coverage to those who had insurance. Health care, college education, it's all pretty much the same thing.

No free college for Americans.

Makes a lot more sense to hire American's to pick produce and flip burgers and with his grammar, that's about all the OP can do anyway.

Meanwhile, the US can go on hiring from other countries - like Trumpery already does and like the GOP keeps voting for. Put up the wall and maybe Trumpery will hire Americans. (Hey, it could happen.)

Let China, India, Europe and other countries educate their people and invest in their own country. We've got better uses for our money, like giving more to the 1%.

Blow me.

What they are doing is culling the herd.

Americans attend secondary education at about 5 times the rate that Germans do.

And RWNJs like you attend two or three times.

[

A Bernie supporter, IOW.

- AP Calculus AB or BC

- one other AP

Hochschulkompass.de: Studying in Germany - Prerequisites for studying - Citizenship

US pays for it too.

We don't get it but we do pay for it.

The French system has some MAJOR drawbacks. First of all, students start making career decisions on education at about age 15 and it's not completely up to the individual. Their principal has the final say in which area they will study. There there are a battery of exams that must be passed and you can't change courses without a lot of obstacles and problems. So you see, your FREEDOMS are limited in the French system.

Additionally, the French have a "higher echelon" of education similar to our Ivy League. (grandes écoles) These are extremely difficult to get into and not entirely free. Acceptance rates are under 10% and virtually no one who isn't wealthy can go.. but here is the kicker... 84% of the top executive jobs in France are held by these graduates-- contrast with about 10% of the exec jobs in the US by Ivy League grads. So your chances of success in France are limited unless you get into the higher echelon academies.

And this is almost always the case with liberal Utopian pie-in-the-sky genuflection toward "other countries" ...you fail to realize they don't have the FREEDOM we have in America. Their choices are limited and restricted in every possible way. So it all boils down to whether you want an authoritarian central government dictating your life, what you will be, where you will go, what you will do... OR... do you want FREEDOM to make those decisions on your own?

Here, you like documentaries?

Watch this one.

Forum List

Back