Majority of Republicans favors racial profiling at airports, while Dems, indys oppose

Weaver was entrapped into selling a lousy sawed off shotgun to a nark. Hardly a good reason to shoot his wife, kid, and dog. He simply holed up and refused to comply. It doesn't make him smart or even a hero, but it definitely DID NOT warrant that Lon Horouchi blasting away his family for no good reason whatsoever. The ends did NOT justify the means. Meanwhile, the murderer is a free man and Weaver got some money. You can't replace loved ones with money.

The law comes to your house and demands your surrender.....you fail to comply, you are asking for what comes next. His decisions put his family at risk and led to their deaths

Weaver was entrapped into selling a lousy sawed off shotgun to a nark. Hardly a good reason to shoot his wife, kid, and dog. He simply holed up and refused to comply. It doesn't make him smart or even a hero, but it definitely DID NOT warrant that Lon Horouchi blasting away his family for no good reason whatsoever. The ends did NOT justify the means. Meanwhile, the murderer is a free man and Weaver got some money. You can't replace loved ones with money.

The root cause was a corrupt FBI violating a citizen's civil rights, I never figured out why the FBI didn't get arrested for conspiracy? Isn't setting someone up against a law? The militias that the FBI was so worried about turned out not to be very sinister? So the entire Ruby Ridge - Murrah Building episode was the FBI's fault, yet the coxuckers wouldn't look into Moussoui's laptop for fear of violating his privacy rights. What's wrong with this picture?

The law comes to your house and demands your surrender.....you fail to comply, you are asking for what comes next. His decisions put his family at risk and led to their deaths

You're in fantasyland again. The Law came to his house and shot his son and his wife. They did not ask him to surrender. The Death Squad's orders were to kill them, not to arrest them. Don't you get why an unarmed mom was shot by an FBI sniper, while holding a baby?
Stop trying to defend the indefensible. Why do you think McVeigh went nuts.

I was listening to the local radio host here in my town. Obviously a conservative because its the only radio that can survive but I digress.

She was talking about how we should profile and not be concerned with the terrorist feelings. Like I give two shits about their feelings, its alienating people of arab decent that have no ties to terrorism at all.

Al-queda isn't stupid, they recruit whites and blacks too. So who are we suppose to racially profile? All can be suspected.

Has the TSA maybe gone too far? Sure. But just profiling Muslims or Arabs isn't going to make us safer, they already know they are going to be under more scritiny. We can do it better without racial profiling.

Behavoral profiling, better intelligence, and other things like that are better than racial profiling.

At the core of terrorism is two issues, an open border letting them in, and religons. We should seal the borders and force religion underground.

I was listening to the local radio host here in my town. Obviously a conservative because its the only radio that can survive but I digress.

She was talking about how we should profile and not be concerned with the terrorist feelings. Like I give two shits about their feelings, its alienating people of arab decent that have no ties to terrorism at all.

Al-queda isn't stupid, they recruit whites and blacks too. So who are we suppose to racially profile? All can be suspected.

Has the TSA maybe gone too far? Sure. But just profiling Muslims or Arabs isn't going to make us safer, they already know they are going to be under more scritiny. We can do it better without racial profiling.

Behavoral profiling, better intelligence, and other things like that are better than racial profiling.

At the core of terrorism is two issues, an open border letting them in, and religons. We should seal the borders and force religion underground.

Got a quote to back-up those assertions? IMHO there is only one religion that has terrorists.

How american of you. So in your small mind they got what they deserved did they? No harm no foul, shooter a hero? God forbid we stand up to what we percieve as tyranny lest we deserve to get shot!

McVeigh would have been my personal hero had he picked the right target, in other words, specifically targeted those responsible for the autrocity towards Weaver. Blowing up kids is never cool so McVeigh gets a special level of hell reserved for him for failing to properly reconnoiter his target.

Got a quote to back-up those assertions? IMHO there is only one religion that has terrorists.

Of course, below. Then your opinion is flawed.

DEARBORN, MI. – Three years have passed since FBI counterterrorism agents raided the house at 6050 Argyle that sheltered one of Hezbollah's top U.S. leaders.

Among the materials seized inside Mahmoud Youssef Kourani's house in this predominantly Arab immigrant neighborhood were audio-tapes beseeching listeners to “Rise for Jihad! Rise for Jihad! I offer you, Hezbollah, my blood in my hand.” A photo showed one of Kourani's minor children wearing a necklace hung with a photo of Hezbollah General Secretary Sheik Hassan Nasrallah.

But Kourani holds a rarely acknowledged distinction: He is one of only a handful of Middle Easterners smuggled over U.S. borders to have been convicted of terrorism charges in American courts.

NINE MORE TERRORISTS

terrorists who crossed

Time: Are you religious?

McVeigh: I was raised Catholic. I was confirmed Catholic (received the sacrament of confirmation). Through my military years, I sort of lost touch with the religion. I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.

Time: Do you believe in God?

McVeigh: I do believe in a God, yes.

An Accurate Look at Timothy McVeigh's Beliefs on EthicsDaily.com

DEARBORN, MI. – Three years have passed since FBI counterterrorism agents raided the house at 6050 Argyle that sheltered one of Hezbollah's top U.S. leaders.

Among the materials seized inside Mahmoud Youssef Kourani's house in this predominantly Arab immigrant neighborhood were audio-tapes beseeching listeners to “Rise for Jihad! Rise for Jihad! I offer you, Hezbollah, my blood in my hand.” A photo showed one of Kourani's minor children wearing a necklace hung with a photo of Hezbollah General Secretary Sheik Hassan Nasrallah.

But Kourani holds a rarely acknowledged distinction: He is one of only a handful of Middle Easterners smuggled over U.S. borders to have been convicted of terrorism charges in American courts.

NINE MORE TERRORISTS

terrorists who crossed

McVeigh: I was raised Catholic. I was confirmed Catholic (received the sacrament of confirmation). Through my military years, I sort of lost touch with the religion. I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.

Your proof is flawed. McVeigh isn't a terrorist. He was insane. Got any quotes that says he's a terrorist? He also said that he got away from his religion, so even that quote doesn't help your assertion.

How very Soviet of you, tovarich.

NINE MORE TERRORISTS

terrorists who crossed

This is the problem when you just go by what a 'journalist' thinks.... A belief in God does not make one a Christian. A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ. The clue is in the word.... Christ-ian. Not rocket science.

Twisting the term terrorist profiling into racial profiling sounds like just the sort of propaganda that eminates from caves in Pakistan.

How about we just harass the likely culprits and leave granny alone.

Twisting the term terrorist profiling into racial profiling sounds like just the sort of propaganda that eminates from caves in Pakistan.

How about we just harass the likely culprits and leave granny alone.

It's a media driven race bait. Unfortunately, some people - including the OP - are not smart enough to think independently, preferring instead to have the media think for them. It's a common trait in the US.

Here is a list of terror attacks against the US. Oddly it doesn't include the Akbar slaughter of his commanders at the start of the Gulf war. I'd be very wary of any muslims, especially after the Ft Hood massacre.

Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. or Against Americans — Infoplease.com

You got ANY proof that the Murrah Building bombing was an act of "terror" and not a warped act of vengeance? Got any links to terror organizations? Got any terror funding mechanisms?

You're skewing the definition of "terrorism" to fit what you want. "Terrorism" doesn't mean "funded by terror mechanisms" or "by terror organizations".

ter·ror·ism   
[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
Given those definitions, what happened at Waco was state terrorism.

And so was the Shock and Awe campaign.

You're skewing the definition of "terrorism" to fit what you want. "Terrorism" doesn't mean "funded by terror mechanisms" or "by terror organizations".

ter·ror·ism   
[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Which has jack shit to do with profiling at airports. Wouldn't it be great if we could, occasionally, actually discuss a topic without whining about Iraq?

Is a lack of attention a common trait now in the US?

Which has jack shit to do with profiling at airports. Wouldn't it be great if we could, occasionally, actually discuss a topic without whining about Iraq?

I'm sorry but could you please post the link where you said the same thing to Oddball when he brought up Waco. Thanks.

Any act of violence can be seen as terrorism. We live in an evil world. We could be subjected to attack at any moment by anyone if their mind twists badly enough. If we are attempting to stop this at airports for very specific types of attacks then out of respect for the majority of us that want to live in peace we should go about this with civility and logic and not harass at large the whole population.

I'm sorry but could you please post the link where you said the same thing to Oddball when he brought up Waco. Thanks.

The 'Mommy, he started it' defense from you? That's disappointing. My comment was at both of you.

You guys are like kittens following a piece of string.... so easily distracted by people who can't argue on the topic so they change the topic.

Have any of you bothered to look at the questions? The order in which the list was asked under 'profiling'? No? Figured.

Forum List

Back