Majority of Republicans favors racial profiling at airports, while Dems, indys oppose

Which has jack shit to do with profiling at airports. Wouldn't it be great if we could, occasionally, actually discuss a topic without whining about Iraq?

Is a lack of attention a common trait now in the US?

I'm sorry but could you please post the link where you said the same thing to Oddball when he brought up Waco. Thanks.

My comment was at both of you.

BS

I wasn't born yesterday.

Democrats should just stand down, they fucked it up enough already. You know you're losing big again in 2012, just give us the ball especially since you think we run things anyway

Members of some identifiable groups have been abnormally prone to blowing up airplanes. Gray haired old ladies, Episcopalian clergy, small children, and most members of other identifiable groups have not so far done that and seem unlikely to do so now. That is a reality and one which must be considered quite seriously. If it is not considered, airport security procedures will be far less effective and far more intrusive than they could and should be. As long as there is persistent and blind adherence to the dictates of political correctness they will not get better and may even get worse.

Pajamas Media ‘Profiling’ Is Not a Dirty Word

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have heard a number of right wing radio/TV hosts talk about profiling,to me that includes all people not just a racial aspect of it.Why are we wasting time scanning/patting down/feeling up frequent flier business types,80 year old grandmothers,six year old kids.Janet Incompitano is considering not applying any kind of inspection of Muslim women.The Cargo that gets on the plane are we even taking a look at that.I see checkpoints at the Queens midtown tunnel in NYC pull over trucks.What kind on inspection is done? They have the driver open the back door and the police/tunnel authority people take a peek inside and pass the truck through.The truck could have held 1,000 pounds of explosives wired to an alarm clock.

Lets be honest here people we need to do a better job with our security,lets take a hard look at the people who want to harm us and not subject people to a policy that does something but does it really address the issue that there is an element of people that want to hurt us and not a six year old kid or 89 year old Grandmother.

We now have better security at Border’s bookstores than at our actual borders. Meanwhile, all we can do is kvetch about how wrong it is to search and profile people. Profiling? If you know that 15 out of the 19 Sept. 11 terrorists are from one country and you happen to notice that, it’s not profiling, that’s minimally observant.
-- Dennis Miller, FOXNews.com - Border Disorders - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes

Speaking of Dennis Miller, here's another one of his tidbits. Good stuff:

“They say to live life like we did before 9/11. We’ll let me tell you something, I hated crazy foreign assholes who wanted to kill me on September 10th of that year.” -- Dennis Miller

Members of some identifiable groups have been abnormally prone to blowing up airplanes. Gray haired old ladies, Episcopalian clergy, small children, and most members of other identifiable groups have not so far done that and seem unlikely to do so now. That is a reality and one which must be considered quite seriously. If it is not considered, airport security procedures will be far less effective and far more intrusive than they could and should be. As long as there is persistent and blind adherence to the dictates of political correctness they will not get better and may even get worse.

If unchecked by rationality and common sense, this nation will be destroyed by the notion that "we mustn't hurt anyone's feewings".

Note to the Left: There is no right to not be offended.

From the Racist Moron, Fail&Go's link:

Republicans are the only group that favors racial profiling at airports, with a majority of them supporting the policy, while Democrats and independents are strongly opposed to it, according to internals of the new Washington Post/ABC News poll that were sent my way.

It's a fucking news poll. Only a clueless fool would take that seriously.

The only think the OP 'proves' is that he is a totally clueless idiot. He's related to Charlie Bass. Evidence suggests an hereditary lack of intellect.

Uh... well, there ya go. And Failgo shows up right on queue!

If unchecked by rationality and common sense, this nation will be destroyed by the notion that "we mustn't hurt anyone's feewings".

Note to the Left: There is no right to not be offended.

It's how one deals with the offense. So far their record reflects the rantings of petulant whining children.

From the Racist Moron, Fail&Go's link:

Republicans are the only group that favors racial profiling at airports, with a majority of them supporting the policy, while Democrats and independents are strongly opposed to it, according to internals of the new Washington Post/ABC News poll that were sent my way.

It's a fucking news poll. Only a clueless fool would take that seriously.

The only think the OP 'proves' is that he is a totally clueless idiot. He's related to Charlie Bass. Evidence suggests an hereditary lack of intellect.

Shut the fack up and quit being an annoying batch about everything I post, if you have a facking problem with it post something to refute. You can complain and neg rep my ass all you like, I'm not going to change.

[Your proof is flawed. McVeigh isn't a terrorist. He was insane. Got any quotes that says he's a terrorist? He also said that he got away from his religion, so even that quote doesn't help your assertion.

McVeigh stood trial and was executed. Unless you consider that an injustice, then he wasn't insane.

While the intent is to show this division along party lines, I'm more interested how it plays along economic/racial lines. Folks tend to support racial profiling when they think it's going to happen to someone else. It's no longer a good idea when they find themselves in the target category.

I'm not surprised to hear Ann Coulter advocate racial profiling. I was surprised to hear Geraldo Rivera and Judge Napolitano advocate it. Not surprised that O'Reilly and Limbaugh advocate it. They don't necessarily support it because they think it's a good idea; they support it because the Obama administration opposes it (so did the Bush administration, but let's not complicate the issue with facts). If the Obama administration instituted a program that specifically targets Arabs, Muslims and anyone else resembling "Middle Easterners," O'Reilly and Limbaugh would be the first to decry it as government run amok and trampling all over the God-given rights of Americans with dark skin.

People bring dangerous items in their carry-on or on their person such as acids, corrosives, inhalants, flammables and other everyday items that pose a significant hazmat or fire hazard to the plane. It's mostly innocent and inadvertent, but the point is that people do stupid things not realizing that chemicals, solvents and acids react differently 30,000 feet in the air than they do at ground level. Then there are the folks who have air rage and mostly take out their anger on flight attendants but still pose a violent threat. Point here is that it's good to have TSA screening folks for things that may not be terrorist related but still pose a danger inside a crowded passenger cabin at 30,000 feet AGL.

Forum List

Back