Majority of debtors to US hospitals now people with health insurance

Bingo..... excellent post!

No surprise. As was already discussed, Obamacare's massive deductibles caused this. After all, blacks have more medical debt than any other race.

I mean lets picture this. You got Jaquinta, she works at Burger King making 500 a week. She got 2 kids and baby daddies are long gone. She can barely afford an Obamacare bronze plan with a $10,000 deductible, 80/20 after that and she's paying almost 400 a month for it.

She winds up in the hospital for a gall bladder surgery that costs $25,000 with $5000 in hospital bills. She's looking at $30,000 dollars in bills, and shes responsible for about $12,000 of that.

You think with her Burger King job shes gonna be able to pay that off? No, she got Obamacare because Obama, he be black and he gives good health care so she fell for it, now she's gotta pay for it.

Multiply this times a million and you have a democrat health care plan. But hey, she technically, on paper, had a health care plan, so she's covered.

Last edited:
No surprise. As was already discussed, Obamacare's massive deductibles caused this. After all, blacks have more medical debt than any other race.

I mean lets picture this. You got Jaquinta, she works at Burger King making 500 a week. She got 2 kids and baby daddies are long gone. She can barely afford an Obamacare bronze plan with a 10,000 dollar deductible and she's paying almost 400 a month for it.

She winds up in the hospital for a gall bladder surgery that costs $25,000 with $5000 in hospital bills. She's looking at 30,000 dollars in bills, and shes responsible for $10,000 of that.

You think with her Burger King job shes gonna be able to pay that off? No, she got Obamacare because Obama, he be black and he gives good health care so she fell for it, now she's gotta pay for it.

Multiply this times a million and you have a democrat health care plan.
Spot on

Truly dystopian. It must be terrifying to live under this threat even when you pay a lot for insurance.
Meanwhile the number of people in the uk with medical debt is steady at 0.
Thoughts and prayers.

Obama screwed up back in 2009. He should have forced completely socialized healthcare. Instead, he settled for the Republican plan - even them he couldn't get a single Republican onboard.

The cost of medical care in the U.S. is astronomical. Even medicare sucks.

The entire system is set up to bleed every American of every cent they've saved and everything they own. Once they have that - Adios Amigo!

My wife & I are seriously looking at moving out of the country when we retire. I don't want my life's savings going to the medical industry.

The American Medical Industry:
1705435462369.png

I mean lets picture this. You got Jaquinta, she works at Burger King making 500 a week. She got 2 kids and baby daddies are long gone. She can barely afford an Obamacare bronze plan with a 10,000 dollar deductible and she's paying almost 400 a month for it.
This individual would qualify for Medicaid, provided she lived in one of the states that expanded access with the ACA.

This individual would qualify for Medicaid, provided she lived in one of the states that expanded access with the ACA.
I'm not sure about that You have to be pretty much destitute to get Medicaid. It's almost not worth the trade off.

The root of the problem is that medical professionals believe that they are entitled to the highest standard of living our society can offer.

But doctors, working in the capacity of a doctor, are workers, and the pay they expect is far, far out of scale with the rest of workers in this country.

I believe that doctors do deserve the best society has to offer, but the cost of luxury goods - house, cars, vacations and country club memberships - is determined by the free market. So, the more multi -millionaires there are, the higher the costs of these luxury items. Doctors have to compete with over-paid executives and other such thieves.

I'd go as far as saying that anyone who makes more money than a doctor is a thief.

We either need to socialize the medical industry and force doctors to settle for a considerably lower standard of living, or we need to put a leash on the wealthiest 5%.

I'm not sure about that You have to be pretty much destitute to get Medicaid. It's almost not worth the trade off.
Perhaps, but in that poster’s example, Janita with the illegitimate two kids could probably get fully subsidized Obamacare, for which she’ll pay $15 a month and have a $5 co-pay.

Who REALLY is in trouble is the more responsible one - a woman in her 50s, high-school educated, and earning $60,000 in Boston. Hard enough to pay the rent and all expenses, but then she gets socked with FULL PAY Obamacare at $800 a month and with a deductible near $10,000.

IOW, the straight middle class got screwed on Obamacare. The low-income made off like a bandit.

Perhaps, but in that poster’s example, Janita with the illegitimate two kids could probably get fully subsidized Obamacare, for which she’ll pay $15 a month and have a $5 co-pay.

Who REALLY is in trouble is the more responsible one - a woman in her 50s, high-school educated, and earning $60,000 in Boston. Hard enough to pay the rent and all expenses, but then she gets socked with FULL PAY Obamacare at $800 a month and with a deductible near $10,000.

IOW, the straight middle class got screwed on Obamacare. The low-income made off like a bandit.
That woman gets generous subsidies too.

Depends on the states. Some very red states made it basically impossible to get on Medicaid.

The ACA encouraged states to expand Medicaid to cover anyone under 133% of federal poverty level. Blue states did. Some red states did. Of course the conservative SCOTUS mare sure that the federal government couldn’t compel states to expand the coverage, so we still have plenty of places in this country where Republicans get to demonstrate their completely lack of giving a damn.

Would literally take you 2 mins to check and realize you’re entirely wrong.

Would literally take you 2 mins to check and realize you’re entirely wrong.

So many supposed internet experts don’t seem to be willing to admit they don’t know what they’re talking about.

I’m not knocking people for not knowing, it’s a super complex topic. It would be nice if they didn’t act like they did know what they’re talking about.

Other than that she inflated her hypothetical person’s costs for both premiums and deductibles by 4-5 times the actual amounts.

No she didn't. I plugged in her numbers exactly into YOUR link and got the numbers in the attachment of post 157. They range from 550 to 1150 so 800 is about in the middle.

No she didn't. I plugged in her numbers exactly into YOUR link and got the numbers in the attachment of post 157. They range from 550 to 1300 so 800 is about in the middle.

Maybe don’t cut out the columns that show the financial support available and the actual payment such a person would pay.

Her hypothetical person can find silver plans for $250.

Did you somehow miss the “what you pay monthly” column?

Forum List

Back