Majority of debtors to US hospitals now people with health insurance

They cost three to four times as much as they used to because they're required to cover much more than they did previously.
No, their cost went up because they werent able to exclude anyone who has been sick before.

I don't know what state you're in but that $13,000 deductible is not for one person but 2? If this There are too many variables, co-pays and co-insurance.

But depending on your federal poverty level a silver plan will lower your cost share (co-pay and co-insurance)

People must purchase a silver plan in order to get help with their cost-sharing expenses in addition to the premium tax credits. So, purchasing a bronze plan may not be the lowest-cost option for an individual or family when all their out-of-pocket health care costs are considered.
I'VE BEEN A HEALTH INSURANCE PROFESSIONAL SINCE REAGAN'S FIRST TERM.....A GOD DAMNED EXPERT ON THIS. WHAT OBAMA DID NOT READING HIS OWN BILL FUCKED THIS COUNTRY SO HARD UP THE FUCKING ASS

STFU YOU SMOOTH BRAINED STUPID ASS

BOY YOU DOPES ARE SOMETHING ELSE HERE

THE AVERAGE ODUMMER POLICIY IS 800 PER MONTH WITH AN 8K DEDUCTIBLE.THAT MEANS YOU PAY 20K A YEAR BEFORE THEY EVEN PUT A BAND AID ON YOU ABSOLUTE FOOLS

YOU VOTED FOR THIS HEALTH CARE

I'VE BEEN A HEALTH INSURANCE PROFESSIONAL SINCE REAGAN'S FIRST TERM.....A GOD DAMNED EXPERT ON THIS. WHAT OBAMA DID NOT READING HIS OWN BILL FUCKED THIS COUNTRY SO HARD UP THE FUCKING ASS

STFU YOU SMOOTH BRAINED STUPID ASS
You know you've been bragging about that forever and I don't believe you k now a Goddamn thing about ACA. I can imagine between your so call expert knowledge about ACA and your financial advisor patting on the back you have people looking for you, maybe your E&O company. You're nothing but one of those hot air motherfuckers most honest people in the industry hate. It's probably good you got out, but you should get back in since there are more scammer's than ever this year.

BOY YOU DOPES ARE SOMETHING ELSE HERE

THE AVERAGE ODUMMER POLICIY IS 800 PER MONTH WITH AN 8K DEDUCTIBLE.THAT MEANS YOU PAY 20K A YEAR BEFORE THEY EVEN PUT A BAND AID ON YOU ABSOLUTE FOOLS

YOU VOTED FOR THIS HEALTH CARE
There are subsidies for the premiums.

A good, satisfying bowel movement is dystopian to you, shit head. You Brit bastards let a child die recently rather than let him seek treatment elsewhere. https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/25/health/alfie-evans-appeal-bn?cid=ios_app

THAT is dystopian, you stupid fucker.

I saw an account from a Brit recently (before COVID) where he was admitted to a London hospital for a procedure he had waited 18 months to get and they put him in the hallway overnight before the operation because they didn't have a ward bed for him.

No, their cost went up because they werent able to exclude anyone who has been sick before.
That was another reason. Lots of new requirements were piled on them making them far more expensive.

That was another reason. Lots of new requirements were piled on them making them far more expensive.
None of those requirements contributed significantly to the cost.

The vast majority of the increase came from having to sell insurance to everyone.

hey everyone...you are dumb buying insurance when you're healthy.....just wait until you get a diagnosis that costs a lot of money...buy insurance until you are ok and wait until you are sick again....ez huh?

you can do this now........don't be stupid, don't buy insurance...stick the insurance company

let's say you get in a car accident and you are so smashed up for life it will cost a fortune....just buy a policy that day for cheap, and you're all set

you really don't need insurance do you

my homeowners insurance company introduced a new policy where i don't need to pay premiums until my house burns down or a tornado hits it...................same with car accidents, i just apply after the police leave after they report the accident

getting insurance when you just suffer the financial peril and then cancel it to the next disaster is the best way imho

None of those requirements contributed significantly to the cost.
Bullshit.
The vast majority of the increase came from having to sell insurance to everyone.
Like I said, that had an impact too. It's like forcing car insurance companies to sell you a policy after you've wrecked your car.

Regardless, ACA priced these policies out of existence, and/or made then so expensive they weren't worth it. Fuck Liz Fowler.

Not in the mood to chase you around the denial bush myself, so I asked ChatGPT to do it for me:

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) introduced additional requirements for catastrophic health insurance plans. Catastrophic health plans are designed to provide coverage for major medical expenses, but they generally have lower premiums and higher out-of-pocket costs. Here are some key requirements imposed by the ACA on catastrophic health insurance plans:

1. Coverage for Essential Health Benefits: Catastrophic plans must cover essential health benefits, such as preventive services, prescription drugs, and emergency services. This ensures that individuals have access to a basic level of healthcare services.
  2. Preventive Services at No Cost Sharing: The ACA mandates that certain preventive services be covered with no cost-sharing, meaning individuals with catastrophic plans should have access to preventive care without having to pay out-of-pocket expenses.
  3. Limited Out-of-Pocket Costs: While catastrophic plans typically have higher deductibles, the ACA imposes limits on the maximum out-of-pocket costs that individuals can be required to pay. This is intended to provide some financial protection for policyholders in case of significant medical expenses.
  4. Coverage for Three Primary Care Visits: Catastrophic plans are required to cover at least three primary care visits per year with no cost-sharing, even before the deductible is met. This encourages individuals to seek preventive and primary care services.
  5. Young Adult Option: Catastrophic plans are available to individuals under the age of 30, as well as certain hardship exemptions. This provides a more affordable option for young and healthy individuals who may not need comprehensive coverage.

Not in the mood to chase you around the denial bush myself, so I asked ChatGPT to do it for me:

1. Not applicable until after the deductible, and certainly there’s nothing on there that is terribly surprising. What, you’re upset about your plan having to cover prescription drugs? Hardly.

2. Preventive services are cheap. For most people, it’s a once annual checkup with about $40 of labs and $5 of immunizations. A colonoscopy once a decade. A mammogram every few years.

3. Seems like $13,000 is pretty catastrophic to everyone else.

1. Not applicable until after the deductible, and certainly there’s nothing on there that is terribly surprising. What, you’re upset about your plan having to cover prescription drugs? Hardly.
Yes. That kind of shit is making things more expensive.

Anyway, you're clearly just cheerleading for ACA. Do you have insurance company stock? Are you an insurance industry lobbyist? What?

Yes. That kind of shit is making things more expensive.

Anyway, you're clearly just cheerleading for ACA. Do you have insurance company stock? Are you an insurance industry lobbyist? What?
Hardly. The average cost of your extra expenses per enrollee would be about $100.

I’m cheerleading a healthcare system that works for everyone. Most people just want to look out for themselves, but that’s been a catastrophe.

I saw an account from a Brit recently (before COVID) where he was admitted to a London hospital for a procedure he had waited 18 months to get and they put him in the hallway overnight before the operation because they didn't have a ward bed for him.
Absolutely horrible. Dickens-esque, even.

Well, just look around this thread you want the lowest deductible possible with very few co pays but don't want to pay for it. Maga's don't want to pay their cost share.
Yes, I wanted the lowest deductible possible - given that was still an unaffordable $800. If I wanted the type of health plan I had before Obamacare, with co-pays, I was looking at $1200 a month! And you have the nerve to say I don’t want to pay my cost share? Middle-income people were being ROBBED by Obamacare.

I guess you signed yourself up and did not receive a subsidy or if you did a very small one. You didn't say what year that was, state, county and zip code and tobacco user or users. Yes, for a 60 year old on or off exchange and in 2012 would have probably cost you $800 per month depending again on state, county, plan and back then your health. You could have been turned down. You and most don't realize that if an insurer has to accept everyone regardless of health everyone is going to pay for it, it's spreading the risk just like auto and homeowner's insurance.

Yes, I signed up myself - and I have a great health record. NEVER in my life was I ever turned down. Never smoked. No health issues.

You have too many variables in your scenarios.

Just for the hell of it I just did some calculations on Kaiser calculator and I used a W Virginia zip Monroe county (I believe you said once upon a time you live in WV) and today a couple both age 60 at $70,000 and this is the results:

Estimated financial help:$3,013per month ($36,156 per year) as a premium tax credit. This covers 88% of the monthly costs.Your cost for a silver plan:$430per month ($5,159 per year) in premiums (which equals 7.37% of your household income). These are today's figures.

If you did not use healthcare.gov or an insurance agent to walk you through it you may very well have. Most people that took it upon themselves on healthcare. gov screwed themselves.

I can remember before obamacare selling plans up to $20,000 deductibles to very wealthy people, no copays or nothing until the met deductible. Yes, those plans were cheap but they had to medically qualify
Well, before Obamacare I had a policy with a $2000 deductible with a wide network, and it cost $520 a month.

As far as working with an insurance agent, I did….he found the same thing I did.

It wasn't just wealthy people. Lots of people were moving to the model of catastrophic insurance with an HSA to cover the deductible. It was actually moving in the right direction - before ACA sold us down the river.

Right, remember when HDHP and HSA enrollment abruptly halted in 2010?

Figure-8-4.png

Single payer was taken off the table faster that sh*t through a goose back in Obamaville

Anyone wonder why???

~S~

Forum List

Back