Maine HS teacher forced to remove hello kitty christmas tree

If someone is offended by a Hello Kitty Christmas tree they have far worse issues in life to worry about.
I agree, it's just a shame it couldn't be a green tree decorated traditionally.
Im a HATER. I HATE pink :)
100 years ago boys were in pink, it was a strong color. Blue was for little girls.
Utterly fascinating.
I knew that it would be. Next up, why little boys wore dresses then.
I am well versed in such things, so need for another of your 'lectures', petal. Next up, why Greek men still wear them :)
Just bantering, don't get your panties in a knot however should you wish to comment on the return of the granny pantie, please do. Nothing else is being debated today it seems.

Your Hello Kitty pink fake tree (honoring Jesus?) is back, so you can relax now: Everything Is Offensive–Even Pink Hello Kitty Christmas Trees; UPDATE: The Tree Can Stay

In other words, when the story got out and people realized this jack-ass took political correctness to a new low he caved. Good.
I'm sure Jesus is thrilled that he can once again be honored, by this:
Hello-Kitty-pink-Christmas-tree.jpg
Good Lord it's ugly. Such a pity they can't have a normal tree. Or are green, red and gold baubles 'religious symbols' now?
OMG, I was actually joking about the gold, red and green. Shoulda known better:

A Texas school has caused controversy by organising a festive party where trees, the colours red and green and the word 'Christmas' are all banned.

'A PTA member at Gene and Ruby Nichols Elementary School in Frisco started the controversy by sending out rules to what they described as a “winter party".

"No reference to Christmas or any other religious holiday; no red or green - or Christmas trees; nothing that will stain the carpet," the email read.

School bans word 'Christmas', trees and colours red and green from its festive party

100 years ago boys were in pink, it was a strong color. Blue was for little girls.
Utterly fascinating.
I am well versed in such things, so need for another of your 'lectures', petal. Next up, why Greek men still wear them :)
Just bantering, don't get your panties in a knot however should you wish to comment on the return of the granny pantie, please do. Nothing else is being debated today it seems.
What's a 'granny panty'? Is that what the Greeks wear under their dresses?

Utterly fascinating.

The unders preferred by old liberal hags

Good Lord it's ugly. Such a pity they can't have a normal tree. Or are green, red and gold baubles 'religious symbols' now?

If someone is offended by a Hello Kitty Christmas tree they have far worse issues in life to worry about.
Utterly fascinating.
Easier to reach the diapers? Girls couldn't wear pants--strictly taboo, so if you have a mess of kids, you can only share unisex clothes.
No one objected to the tree in the first place; the principal went overboard for no reason. You should read what a mess of garbage he wrote in his 'retraction' (front page of today's Bangor Daily News). I thank God every day that I don't work for a jackass like him. But at least he got hauled back promptly, and he's probably going to be looking for a job come June. It's bad enough we've got a governor who makes national news for his asshole comments; we don't need to be known as Christmas haters, too.
No one is going to lose their job over this, Chicken Little.
I did overreact a bit, didn't I? But we'll see. They're trying to impeach the governor, too.

Utterly fascinating.
52587fd76f45ed5ea9aceef262c82461.jpg

A wrapped gift is always more fun...

Utterly fascinating.

You forgot the Scottish. Perhaps I'm a bit odd, but I think kilts are great heh

Utterly fascinating.

Oh, I didn't forget them, I was just teasing PMH over his Hellenic heritage :) I quite like kilts too, and even the bagpipes :ack-1:

Utterly fascinating.

Oh, I didn't forget them, I was just teasing PMH over his Hellenic heritage :) I quite like kilts too, and even the bagpipes :ack-1:
I'm much more of a Scot actually, but my wife blames most of my bad habits on the German.

Utterly fascinating.

They are, but be polite, don't forgo the underpants.
Sullivan-One-Year-Photo-Session-Kilt.jpg

Or the diaper in this case...
Awww, sweet little boy.

Utterly fascinating.

I'm much more of a Scot actually, but my wife blames most of my bad habits on the German.
If you say so ;)

Utterly fascinating.

They are, but be polite, don't forgo the underpants.
Sullivan-One-Year-Photo-Session-Kilt.jpg

Or the diaper in this case...
Awww, sweet little boy.
That he is:
2014051510502983898_lrg.jpg

If you say so ;)
I do. My family tree dead-ended in the UK, around 1025. I can't seem to get farther than that so far but it's hard to say how true things are that far back.

Utterly fascinating.

Bagpipes are the bomb, I /love/ that low drone! I'm not sure if we're just lucky in Alaska, or if it occurs all over the country (not looked into it), but we had the Highlander Games in a park in my city every year (except it grew so big a year or two ago they had to move it to the state fair grounds.) I've not missed it since I was a little girl; watching them heft those poles and the shot put... great stuff. But anyway they do a parade with a full band of bagpipes and it's just amazing to me - I have synesthesia, basically crossed-senses, so I truly /feel/ music heh Bag's are second only to Sax in my viewpoint - that could almost be a dirty joke ;)

No one objected to the tree in the first place; the principal went overboard for no reason. You should read what a mess of garbage he wrote in his 'retraction' (front page of today's Bangor Daily News). I thank God every day that I don't work for a jackass like him. But at least he got hauled back promptly, and he's probably going to be looking for a job come June. It's bad enough we've got a governor who makes national news for his asshole comments; we don't need to be known as Christmas haters, too.
AGREE 100%!

114th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. RES. 564

Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the symbols and traditions of Christmas should be protected for use by those who celebrate Christmas.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
December 11, 2015
Mr. Lamborn (for himself, Mr. Forbes, Mrs. Hartzler, Mr. Goodlatte, Mr. Miller of Florida, Mr. Aderholt, Mr. Flores, Mr. Fleming, Mr. Huelskamp, Mr. Neugebauer, Mr. Walker, Mr. King of Iowa, Mr. Babin, Mr. Grothman, Mr. Tipton, Mr. Jordan, Mr. Roe of Tennessee, Mr. Zinke, Mr. Walberg, Mr. Weber of Texas, Mr. Wenstrup, Mr. Franks of Arizona, Mr. LaMalfa, Mr. Pearce, Mr. Cole, Mr. Fleischmann, Mr. Hultgren, Mr. Barr, Mr. Gibbs, Mr. Rokita, Mr. Fortenberry, Mr. Kelly of Mississippi, Mr. Harper, Mr. Allen, Mr. Austin Scott of Georgia, and Mr. Yoho) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform

RESOLUTION
Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the symbols and traditions of Christmas should be protected for use by those who celebrate Christmas.

• Whereas Christmas is a national holiday celebrated on December 25; and

• Whereas the Framers intended that the First Amendment of the Constitution, in prohibiting the establishment of religion, would not prohibit any mention of religion or reference to God in civic dialog: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) recognizes the importance of the symbols and traditions of Christmas;

(2) strongly disapproves of attempts to ban references to Christmas; and

(3) expresses support for the use of these symbols and traditions by those who celebrate Christmas.

I have synesthesia...;)
No kidding? Do you see numbers as colors, or is it just that you feel music?

Don't blame me if you need a cigarette later after this, I usually do.

No, I just feel in color and hear in touch; so while I "feel" something exactly like normal, I get a feedback of mental color splashes (they oft remind me of those psychology test blobs, except they move... heh) In the case of audio, I hear and get an additional feedback of being touched. I do get vivid memory recall associated with certain smells, like the smell of pineapple brings up the latest memory of my mom (no clue why the two are connected as my mother hates pineapple lol), but I haven't gotten the CTs done to confirm if that particular aspect is part of it; I'd only figured out that might not be "normal" fairly recently (10-15 years ago or so.)

Good tune :) I'm a bit more inclined to the uhm... pop side, maybe? and That faster beat drop rhythm mixed with Sax is lovely. Though if I'm craving "a cigarette" I reach for something by Enigma ...I can't even listen to that in public, if it comes on my "classic" radio station I have to change the channel hahaha

... silly auto links in the middle of my text...

Forum List

Back