MAGA: The Bone Spur endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax to pay for infrastructure plan. Wheee!

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Trump reportedly endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax to pay for infrastructure plan
  • President Donald Trump is reportedly open to raising the federal tax on gasoline and diesel by 25 cents to pay for the White House's infrastructure plan.
  • The current taxes, which have not been raised in nearly 25 years, are 18.4 cents per gallon for gasoline and 24.4 cents for diesel.
  • At least some Republican lawmakers and many conservative groups are opposed to hiking the federal fuel levy.
  • Trump endorses 25-cent gas tax increase
:dunno: MAGA adding 25 cents per gallon to cover construction of new stuff. What happens to all the coming income from that BS 2017 Tax Cut Crap?

btw:
How much gasoline does the United States consume?
In 2016, about 143.37 billion gallons (or about 3.41 billion barrels1) of finished motor gasoline were consumed2 in the United States, a daily average of about 391.73 million gallons (or about 9.33 million barrels per day).3 This was the largest amount of annual motor gasoline consumption on record.
How much gasoline does the United States consume? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

So, 144-172 Billion Gallons x's 0.25 cents = 36 -44 Billion Bucks
(20 percent) are special fuels such as diesel.Nov 7, 2014.

and what about taxing FFF
U.S. Air carriers consumed some 12.6 billion gallons per year?
Like tax jet Clean diesel aka kerosene, and home heating oil.

Last edited:
Wow...

bet that's the first time THAT ever happened.

When I first started driving, gas was .23 a gallon.

been a lot of increases since then.

Trump reportedly endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax to pay for infrastructure plan
  • President Donald Trump is reportedly open to raising the federal tax on gasoline and diesel by 25 cents to pay for the White House's infrastructure plan.
  • The current taxes, which have not been raised in nearly 25 years, are 18.4 cents per gallon for gasoline and 24.4 cents for diesel.
  • At least some Republican lawmakers and many conservative groups are opposed to hiking the federal fuel levy.
:dunno: MAGA adding 25 cents per gallon to cover construction of new stuff. What happens to all the coming income from that BS 2017 Tax Cut Crap?

btw:
In 2016, about 143.37 billion gallons (or about 3.41 billion barrels1) of finished motor gasoline were consumed2 in the United States, a daily average of about 391.73 million gallons (or about 9.33 million barrels per day).3 This was the largest amount of annual motor gasoline consumption on record.
How much gasoline does the United States consume? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Which, of course, puts the burden on the poor and middle classes

Yeah, he wants to increase the gas tax to pay for infrastructure.

However..................he also wants the state and local governments to fund 80 percent of it, with the federal only funding 20 percent.

Not only will the gas tax increase, but state and local taxes as well.

Still think the tax bill was a good idea?

• Banned
Yeah, he wants to increase the gas tax to pay for infrastructure.

However..................he also wants the state and local governments to fund 80 percent of it, with the federal only funding 20 percent.

Not only will the gas tax increase, but state and local taxes as well.

Still think the tax bill was a good idea?

Never did! Old VooDoo and will be proved again by, the Great Douche. Orange VooDoo tax cuts don't/won't work.

Last edited:
#MAGA SUCKERS!

Trump backs 25-cent-a-gallon gasoline tax hike: senator

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed hiking the federal gasoline tax by 25 cents a gallon in a meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday about funding his infrastructure spending proposal, a Democratic lawmaker said.

Senator Tom Carper, who attended the meeting, confirmed a report by online publication Axios that the Republican president had backed the increase. The 18.4-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline has not been hiked since 1993. The federal diesel tax is 24.4 cents a gallon.

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement. “The president even offered to help provide the leadership necessary so that we could do something that has proven difficult in the past.”

#MAGA SUCKERS!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed hiking the federal gasoline tax by 25 cents a gallon in a meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday about funding his infrastructure spending proposal, a Democratic lawmaker said.

Senator Tom Carper, who attended the meeting, confirmed a report by online publication Axios that the Republican president had backed the increase. The 18.4-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline has not been hiked since 1993. The federal diesel tax is 24.4 cents a gallon.

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement. “The president even offered to help provide the leadership necessary so that we could do something that has proven difficult in the past.”
Yes......and he also wants to re-institute human sacrifice too.

I support that. Then everyone who drives the highway gets to help pay! Is there a problem with that?

#MAGA SUCKERS!

That’s fine. It won’t cost me more money.

I’m old enough to remember ObamaGas™ below $2.00 a gallon. That was back when America was great.

We could try the old approach and just hope that the crumbling roads, bridges and buildings fix themselves. I'm all for the gas tax along with a concerted effort to boost domestic oil and gas production to reduce gas costs at the pump.

We could try the old approach and just hope that the crumbling roads, bridges and buildings fix themselves. I'm all for the gas tax along with a concerted effort to boost domestic oil and gas production to reduce gas costs at the pump.

Won't happen, as import oil will always be cheaper than produced here.
The Stock Market see to that.

btw:

Trump “considers” truckers’ call for fuel tax increase

Hilarious, truck drivers willing to pay more to get better roads.

Billionaires? Not so much.

House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill "or don’t ever call me again"

Graham: 'Financial contributions will stop' if GOP doesn't pass tax reform

Republicans are such fuking tools.

#MAGA SUCKERS!

I’m old enough to remember ObamaGas™ below $2.00 a gallon. That was back when America was great.
The only ObamaGas I remember was his penchant for farting in the elevator and leaving everyone else to deal with the smell.

#MAGA SUCKERS!

The only ObamaGas I remember was his penchant for farting in the elevator and leaving everyone else to deal with the smell.
I recall the lowest gas prices I've ever seen under Obama.
Please point to GOP lower prices. After a better Potus called raygoon/Carter.

Obama gas .....

Barack-Obama-Farting-Fire--126761.jpg

#MAGA SUCKERS!

Carter doubled the price of gas.

#MAGA SUCKERS!

How old are you 12? I remember gas being 36 cents .

Forum List

Back