MAGA: The Bone Spur endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax to pay for infrastructure plan. Wheee!

Obama gas .....

Barack-Obama-Farting-Fire--126761.jpg
Always cheaper, so prove gas prices were lower under GOP control.

Obama gas .....

Barack-Obama-Farting-Fire--126761.jpg
Always cheaper, so prove gas prices were lower under GOP control.

What specific policy did Obama implement that lowered gas prices?

Short term?

it must the stupid genes kicking in...

Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama

Price of Gallon of Gas Up 96% Under Obama
Ad Feedback
By Matt Cover | February 12, 2013 | 5:31 PM EST

– The average price of a gallon of gas has increased 96 percent since President Barack Obama first took office in 2009, according to figures from the Energy Information Agency (EIA).

According to EIA data, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in the United States was $1.838 on Jan. 19, 2009--the day before Obama took office. As of Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, the per-gallon price had risen to an average of $3.611--an increase of 96 percent.

The $3.677 is not the highest gas prices have been under President Obama. That record was reached the week of May 9, 2011 when they averaged $3.965 per gallon.

#MAGA SUCKERS!

Trump backs 25-cent-a-gallon gasoline tax hike: senator

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed hiking the federal gasoline tax by 25 cents a gallon in a meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday about funding his infrastructure spending proposal, a Democratic lawmaker said.

Senator Tom Carper, who attended the meeting, confirmed a report by online publication Axios that the Republican president had backed the increase. The 18.4-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline has not been hiked since 1993. The federal diesel tax is 24.4 cents a gallon.

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement. “The president even offered to help provide the leadership necessary so that we could do something that has proven difficult in the past.”
Yes......and he also wants to re-institute human sacrifice too.
That’s fine. It won’t cost me more money.

I’m old enough to remember ObamaGas™ below $2.00 a gallon. That was back when America was great.
The only ObamaGas I remember was his penchant for farting in the elevator and leaving everyone else to deal with the smell.
I recall the lowest gas prices I've ever seen under Obama.
Please point to GOP lower prices. After a better Potus called raygoon/Carter.

How old are you 12? I remember gas being 36 cents .

Nope. I,/ We are reviewing the overall price here, the price WAY in the older days were under the older 7 Sisters controlling the oil prices..
FYI... Link
Seven Sisters (oil companies) - Wikipedia

The Dollar now, is not the Dollar back then or the new taxes on it now.
Or is the controllers as of today, on setting prices, over the last 40 years.

Oil_vs_Gas_med2015.jpg

Thanks Obama/Clinton, for saving me money on buying gasoline. Dubya really fucked us all over.

Last edited:

I’m old enough to remember ObamaGas™ below $2.00 a gallon. That was back when America was great.
The only ObamaGas I remember was his penchant for farting in the elevator and leaving everyone else to deal with the smell.

Nope. I,/ We are reviewing the overall price here, the price WAY in the older days were under the older 7 Sisters controlling the oil prices..
FYI... Link

Oil_vs_Gas_med2015.jpg

Bother someone else with your spin.

FYI... Link

Oil_vs_Gas_med2015.jpg

Bother someone else with your spin.
Were real facts too much to deal with?

Gasoline peaked at over $4/gallon in summer 2008. India and China economic expansion drove up demand during the 2000's and the supply couldn't keep pace.
Until W Bush reversed drilling restrictions first in July 2008, driving the price back down by 10% and then after congress acquiesced and allowed the major offshore drilling ban to expire September 2008. That drove the price down precipitously to $1.35/gallon through much of the middle of the country. When Obama took office, the first thing he did was to scrap W Bush offshore drilling plans and reimpose restrictions. By April 2009 the price was already back to $2/gallon and within a year over $3/gallon. After the BP incident the price shot back up to over $4.10/gallon. It averaged about $2/gallon more than it needed to be during the Obama reign.
This rippled through the economy, driving prices of all consumer goods up. Everyone lost significant disposable income as a result and the economy suffered.
Ultimately, fracking technology employed on lands beyond Obama authority flooded the market again and drove the price back down to $2 during Obama's last two years. This is what has helped improve the economy since then.
OPEC has intentionally reduced output since then to drive the price up to where it is now.

If this gas tax increase is realized it will be a disaster. There is already too much tax on gasoline and that money has been robbed. There is no reason to expect another gas tax increase would not be robbed as well.
Way to go, democrats. Just keep taxing and stealing.

#MAGA SUCKERS!

Trump backs 25-cent-a-gallon gasoline tax hike: senator

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed hiking the federal gasoline tax by 25 cents a gallon in a meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday about funding his infrastructure spending proposal, a Democratic lawmaker said.

Senator Tom Carper, who attended the meeting, confirmed a report by online publication Axios that the Republican president had backed the increase. The 18.4-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline has not been hiked since 1993. The federal diesel tax is 24.4 cents a gallon.

“To my surprise, President Trump, today in our meeting, offered his support for raising the gas and diesel tax by 25 cents a gallon and dedicating that money to improve our roads, highways, and bridges,” Carper said in a statement. “The president even offered to help provide the leadership necessary so that we could do something that has proven difficult in the past.”

Hmm you have a few years on me yet. Cheapest I can recall was when I first started driving in 1989. IIRC it was $0.97/gallon up here in Alaska - which we had to pay higher rates in order to get it shipped /back/ up here from the lower 48 (no refinery.)

For comparison purposes, today it was $2.79/gallon at Costco and $2.89/gallon everywhere else.

In most of the 1960's, gas hovered around $.30/ gallon. The Arab oil embargo drove it up over $.50 in 1973 and the shortage resulted in gas rationing and lines at gas stations wrapped around the block. The last digit on your license tag determined which day of the week you were allowed to purchase gasoline. Daylight savings time was implemented in January to offset energy spikes. Carter banned Christmas lights and chevy and ford came out with some awful cars in the name of energy conservation. Thermostats were encouraged to be dropped to 68 in winter and speed limits were reduced to 55 mph.
Then Carter's Iranian debacle in 1979 drove prices to over $1.00/gallon and gas lines came back.

Trump reportedly endorses 25-cent hike in gas tax to pay for infrastructure plan
  • President Donald Trump is reportedly open to raising the federal tax on gasoline and diesel by 25 cents to pay for the White House's infrastructure plan.
  • The current taxes, which have not been raised in nearly 25 years, are 18.4 cents per gallon for gasoline and 24.4 cents for diesel.
  • At least some Republican lawmakers and many conservative groups are opposed to hiking the federal fuel levy.
  • Trump endorses 25-cent gas tax increase
:dunno: MAGA adding 25 cents per gallon to cover construction of new stuff. What happens to all the coming income from that BS 2017 Tax Cut Crap?

btw:
How much gasoline does the United States consume?
In 2016, about 143.37 billion gallons (or about 3.41 billion barrels1) of finished motor gasoline were consumed2 in the United States, a daily average of about 391.73 million gallons (or about 9.33 million barrels per day).3 This was the largest amount of annual motor gasoline consumption on record.
How much gasoline does the United States consume? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

So, 144-172 Billion Gallons x's 0.25 cents = 36 -44 Billion Bucks
(20 percent) are special fuels such as diesel.Nov 7, 2014.

and what about taxing FFF
U.S. Air carriers consumed some 12.6 billion gallons per year?
Like tax jet Clean diesel aka kerosene, and home heating oil.

As most already know, I am a conservative, but I also realize we have an antiquated infrastructure. Our roads, bridges and power grid are desperately in need of updating and expansion.

In order to incorporate the efficiency use of renewable energy the power grid needs to be addressed. How do we pay for it? Frankly, I would expect the greenies and Libs to be all over taxing “horrible” fossil fuels, and I am sure they would be if it wasn’t the orange clown’s proposal. Imagine an interstate freeway system with solar generated charging stations at every off ramp.

If this gas tax increase is realized it will be a disaster. There is already too much tax on gasoline and that money has been robbed. There is no reason to expect another gas tax increase would not be robbed as well.
Way to go, democrats. Just keep taxing and stealing.

You raise an excellent point. Politicians have a propensity for spending more than the tax revenue. They can’t see a trust fund and resist robbing it.

Were it not for the tax cut, I would find the proposal a pleasant surprise. If we are going to do a major project in good times, and the present budget is already taken up, then we should institute a tax to pay for it. However, with the tax cut, this just shifts the burden to the people that can least afford it.

Forum List

Back