MAGA Morons Inadvertently Make Modelo The #1 Beer In America

Status
Not open for further replies.

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
I couldn’t help but smile despite all the bad news of late after reading this article at Slate. Ahhh Maga tears, El sabor está buenísimo.

America agrees. For the first time in more than two decades, the country has a new No. 1 beer, Modelo Especial…
Modelo Especial’s store sales surpassed those of Bud Light in May, according to Nielsen data, as that beer’s dominance crumbled amid a right-wing boycott that began this spring after the company sent beers to a trans TikTok influencer…
Bud Light’s sales have fallen by nearly 25 percent…
the rise of Modelo Especial has been spectacular. It was not even a top five beer in the United States as recently as 2018; today it accounts for 8.4 percent of retail-store beer sales…

The popularity of Modelo is rooted in Latino immigration to the United States. Modelo did not even run English-language ads until 2015…

And it gets even better, because thanks Obama:

thanks to a Milwaukee-bred, beer-loving antitrust lawyer at Barack Obama’s Department of Justice… The Belgians settled with the DOJ, buying Grupo Modelo but divesting its U.S. business to Rochester, New York–based Constellation Brands for $4.75 billion… The fact that Bud Light (a purportedly American beer that’s actually owned by Belgians) has been displaced by Modelo (a purportedly Mexican beer actually owned by Americans), then, must be particularly bitter for the team at AB InBev.

Yup, that’s right. Maga morans had forever made a Belgian brand “America’s beer” and now because of their bigotry, it’s been supplanted by an American-owned beer that’s perceived as Mexican.

I couldn’t help but smile despite all the bad news of late after reading this article at Slate. Ahhh Maga tears, El sabor está buenísimo.

Yup, that’s right. Maga morans had forever made a Belgian brand “America’s beer” and now because of their bigotry, it’s been supplanted by an American-owned beer that’s perceived as Mexican.
who cares?

Modelo is only brewed in Mexico. Constellation is just the exclusive US importer of it.

TrumpFucks.jpeg

The Belgians settled with the DOJ, buying Grupo Modelo but divesting its U.S. business to Rochester, New York–based Constellation Brands for $4.75 billion… The fact that Bud Light (a purportedly American beer that’s actually owned by Belgians) has been displaced by Modelo (a purportedly Mexican beer actually owned by Americans), then, must be particularly bitter for the team at AB InBev.

Hey idiot, what are you griping about? Because America has switched from Bud Light owned by foreigners to Modelo OWNED BY AMERICANS?

Leave it to a qumquack like you to have a problem with that.

Thanks, I've never had a Modelo, I'll have to try one, it sounds kinda mellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back