"Mad Dog"....drunk on war!

Has the left liked ANY of Trump's appointees? This is just sour grapes from them, as they can't start off their day as self respecting far leftists, without a good whine-)

The soldiers, the Pentagon, love Mattis, respect Mattis. That tells me he is a good soldier. Old generals are all war-happy; that is their specialty and their perspective on conflicts. He will be a fine Secretary of Defense, leader of the Pentagon. There is no reason to be alarmed by Mattis as long as Trump and his other advisers keep Mattis on a leash until it is the appropriate time and the appropriate place. Then let him loose.

Mattis isn't the one declaring any wars...but he'd be the one winning one

The soldiers, the Pentagon, love Mattis, respect Mattis. That tells me he is a good soldier. Old generals are all war-happy; that is their specialty and their perspective on conflicts. He will be a fine Secretary of Defense, leader of the Pentagon. There is no reason to be alarmed by Mattis as long as Trump and his other advisers keep Mattis on a leash until it is the appropriate time and the appropriate place. Then let him loose.

I certainly hope we do not find ourselves in another war, but.............if we do, with Mattis at the controls, I am willing to bet we won't fight it PC!

I certainly hope we do not find ourselves in another war, but.............if we do, with Mattis at the controls, I am willing to bet we won't fight it PC!

Yeah the PC and ROE BS needs to end

Shrub Jr. was a gun slinger that wasted $10 trillion on a war impossible to win. Now we've got a POTUS itching to start WWIII. And Trump probably thinks he can win it. Trump claims he knows more than ALL THE GENERALS. So Mad Dog will be required to be a yes man...or dog.

Yesterday Trump bragged about "Mad Dog" being like "old blood and guts" Patton.

How much do you think WWIII will cost?

Old blood and guts Patton won the war in North Africa and was instrumental in the European campaign. Patton didn't start one war he fought in, but he helped end them. I guess Hildabeast would have nominated Lady Gaga for the position and you would have stood and cheered.

Shrub Jr. was a gun slinger that wasted $10 trillion on a war impossible to win. Now we've got a POTUS itching to start WWIII. And Trump probably thinks he can win it. Trump claims he knows more than ALL THE GENERALS. So Mad Dog will be required to be a yes man...or dog.

Thank you for providing more evidence about the Fear-Mongering Left.

06-21-16-Pelosi.jpg

93bf8a49910215df7075e70962857337.jpg

...and, of course, one of the originals:

Agreed with all except the old meme "Old generals are all war-happy". If you recall, it was former veterans and military advisers who were against going into Iraq in 2003 and it was all the Chicken Hawks on both sides who supported it. "Old generals" don't want to go to war unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Why? Because they'd lose a lot of good American heroes by doing so. However, once sent to war, they will do their damnedest to win it with the least amount of casualties on our side.

Agreed with all except the old meme "Old generals are all war-happy". If you recall, it was former veterans and military advisers who were against going into Iraq in 2003 and it was all the Chicken Hawks on both sides who supported it. "Old generals" don't want to go to war unless there is a compelling reason to do so. Why? Because they'd lose a lot of good American heroes by doing so. However, once sent to war, they will do their damnedest to win it with the least amount of casualties on our side.
I apologize. However, based on what this particular General has been quoted as saying, I don't believe he would be at all recalcitrant about going to war, do you?

Try running an electable candidate next time. Elections have consequences.
Hey, I'm proud of Jill Stein....too bad the country isn't smart enough to vote for a decent candidate.

Says the far left drone that supported the illegal wars of Obama/Clinton
Surprise surprise surprise....how did I know Obama and Clinton would get the blame for Shrub's wars?

I apologize. However, based on what this particular General has been quoted as saying, I don't believe he would be at all recalcitrant about going to war, do you?
It's a soldier's duty (Marine's too) to go to war if ordered. They don't have to like it nor agree with it, but they are duty bound to go.

When you make predictions that are always wrong, shouldn't you learn from that or would you call it a comfort zone?
Those aren't predictions, they're observations...trump promised to invade Iraq and Iran and take their oil.

Says the far left drone that supported the illegal wars of Obama/Clinton

Yes, the endless war paradigm is bipartisan.
Says the tinfoil hatted conspiracy theorist who thinks the US is evil and Jews run the world.

One would think the exceptional nation and people of america could come up with another way of insuring its citizenry had access to meaningful empoloyment without furthering endless war, but I guess not. So in essence, america is not a free market economy at all. We subsidize corporate power engaged in the propagation of war. Still no excuse for subsidizing an Israeli regime focused on endless war and oppression.

Those aren't predictions, they're observations...trump promised to invade Iraq and Iran and take their oil.
Can he do that alone or would he need votes from Senators like former Senators Clinton and Kerry to authorize it?

FWIW, most of US imported oil comes from Canada. After two OPEC embargoes, the US worked hard to break our dependency on ME oil. Ergo, what reason would Trump have for invading both Iran and Iraq?

Uh. Moron. We're already engaged in WWIII. Islamic Jihadists declared it - and Obama has made things much worse with his Feckless Foreign Unpolicy.

Uh. Moron. We're already engaged in WWIII. Islamic Jihadists declared it - and Obama has made things much worse with his Feckless Foreign Unpolicy.

Yes, that's the problem, we aren't fighting it. We whack the hornets nest then run home and call attacks back on us "workplace violence" and change tapes referring to "Allah" to "God." We either need to fight it or not. If the West would get on board behind an actual war on Islamic extremists I'd be on board. But all we're going is making it worse

I'm going to agree with Kaz, we haven't been at war. Over there... we're essentially pissing on a house fire to put it out...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back