Macroevolution

FOSSIL EVIDENCE: Don't overlook the abundant fossil evidence, much of it pointing clearly to macroevolution
from one of the above.....do you realize that a fossil is evidence that a creature existed, but not of its transition.....it is not evidence of an evolutionary movement....that comes from non-falsifiable assumptions.....
the rest of the arguments you fear to articulate are no more substantial.....

You don't know what you are talking about. How many fossils do you have in your collection? How many countless hours have you spent collecting and preparing them for study? How many papers have you written on fossils you have discovered? Any at all? Could you even identify one if you had one in your hand? I seriously doubt it. I have done all of those things and more.

1) All species (be they fossils or living) are transitional.
2) There are tons of examples of transitional fossils in the fossil record, at least 8 of which myself and two others had the privilege of identifying.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

3) You are the one making false assumptions here, and, I might add, not supporting your claims.

3) You are the one making false assumptions here, and, I might add, not supporting your claims.

and how is it that one proves that a fossil is a transition between one species and another and not simply an independent species?......

does one assume, from shared characteristics, that its a transition?.......is it not possible that instead of being a transition, it was just created with similar characteristics?.......

the fossil does not prove transition......your assumptions do not prove transition....all the fossil proves is the characteristics of the creature, not the cause of the characteristics......

Last edited:

and how is it that one proves that a fossil is a transition between one species and another and not simply an independent species?......

If you were to have this discussion in a class room, you would have already been kicked out. Why? For asking questions after repeatedly refusing to answer questions posed to you. You don't get an out this time. Go back and answer the questions already posed to you, or shut the fuck up.

P.S. I will give you a place to start - look up "faunal succession". And not just a brief description of the term. Look up papers that describe specific successions, and how they relate to macroevolution.

Last edited:
Go back and answer the questions already posed to you, or shut the fuck up.
as I said before, if you believe I have not answered a question, ask it again and I will oblige.....

on the other hand, if you can't remember one not answered, it's probably been answered but with an answer you didn't like.......

Again, if you were to have this discussion in a real classroom, you would have been kicked out or given a failing grade. I am not in the habit of repeating myself, and I certainly don't feel the need to do so for the likes of you. Don't pretend that you don't know what the questions are that you refused to answer. If you don't recall, then you don't have any business in this discussion in the first place.

Again, if you were to have this discussion in a real classroom, you would have been kicked out or given a failing grade. I am not in the habit of repeating myself, and I certainly don't feel the need to do so for the likes of you. Don't pretend that you don't know what the questions are that you refused to answer. If you don't recall, then you don't have any business in this discussion in the first place.

??....you actually haven't asked me very many questions......you've been too busy telling me how much more you know that I do.....I believe I have answered everyone you asked......again, it isn't difficult to simply ask it again.....I have no problem giving you an answer....

Lets just agree that there's shitloads more evidence to support the scientific theories about the development of life on earth than the existence of any of our GODS.

Agreed or no?

Honestly, what is the scientific case for god? I don't see a case.:eusa_eh:

There is no scientific case for God. However, so many people have seen God work in their lives that as a society we accept God and that acceptance continues generation after generation.

For the record, I took and passed the Coursera class on Genetics and Natural Selection. There is no question in my mind that evolution occurs, sometimes quickly as with the dogs in your video, but other times quite slowly.

But I have a question about all this that has been bothering me. How is it possible that with all the species and billions of years of evolution, only one developed the ability to think, and create technology?

It's all happening so fast, just two centuries ago people lived off the land, then electricity, autos, atomic bomb, planes, televisions, computers,the Internet, man on the moon, cell phones, drones, plastics, fracking, now coming shortly graphene, cars that drive themselves, artificial intelligence, water desalination, 3d printing, smart devices everywhere, space travel, sythetic humans, and microbes that eat away your diseased cells.....

It just seems to me, that if all this had come from natural selection and evolution, some other species would have acquired the ability to think before us.

For the record, I took and passed the Coursera class on Genetics and Natural Selection. There is no question in my mind that evolution occurs, sometimes quickly as with the dogs in your video, but other times quite slowly.

But I have a question about all this that has been bothering me. How is it possible that with all the species and billions of years of evolution, only one developed the ability to think, and create technology?

It's all happening so fast, just two centuries ago people lived off the land, then electricity, autos, atomic bomb, planes, televisions, computers,the Internet, man on the moon, cell phones, drones, plastics, fracking, now coming shortly graphene, cars that drive themselves, artificial intelligence, water desalination, 3d printing, smart devices everywhere, space travel, sythetic humans, and microbes that eat away your diseased cells.....

It just seems to me, that if all this had come from natural selection and evolution, some other species would have acquired the ability to think before us.

What makes you believe that human beings are the only ones who can think and make tools?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was raised around ranches and farms, as well as the logging woods. I have observed both domestic and wild animals doing things that required complex forethought. We are not that far ahead of many of our fellow inhabitants of this planet.

I was raised around ranches and farms, as well as the logging woods. I have observed both domestic and wild animals doing things that required complex forethought. We are not that far ahead of many of our fellow inhabitants of this planet.
You must be using yourself as a yardstick.

What makes you believe that human beings are the only ones who can think and make tools?

While I find your point interesting, it still doesn't explain why no other species in 5 billion years figured out how to rapidly change technology like humans have in the last few hundred years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back