Luntz: Fox Viewers "Ought To Be Outraged B/C, Day In And Day Out, They Were Lied To

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
I'm trying to figure out if Frank Lutz really has the gall to call out theFOXNEWS on this as he was part of the "day in, day out" lies...I think. I see him as sculpting a certain sect of people into the GOP's bidding. Haven't quite decided if he's lying or not, I simultaneously kinda like him and kinda don't.

Anyway, check him giving it to a theFOXNEWs teevee host...

Frank Luntz: Fox Viewers "Ought To Be Outraged Because, Day In And Day Out, They Were Told" Romney Would Win | Video | Media Matters for America

Bout time somebody on their own side really called out the Tomfoolery...even if he's been an active part of it himself.

:lol:
lol

I'm trying to figure out if Frank Lutz really has the gall to call out theFOXNEWS on this as he was part of the "day in, day out" lies...I think. I see him as sculpting a certain sect of people into the GOP's bidding. Haven't quite decided if he's lying or not, I simultaneously kinda like him and kinda don't.

Frank Luntz: Fox Viewers "Ought To Be Outraged Because, Day In And Day Out, They Were Told" Romney Would Win | Video | Media Matters for America

Bout time somebody on their own side really called out the Tomfoolery...even if he's been an active part of it himself.

lol

The last year or so Luntz has been turning over a new leaf. He no longer shills for the people who pay him. He got older and his libertarian streak probably tired him out.

that said, I've been trying in vain to tell these fools that they are being used, but hey...I never understood masochism :eusa_shifty:

lol

The last year or so Luntz has been turning over a new leaf. He no longer shills for the people who pay him. He got older and his libertarian streak probably tired him out.

that said, I've been trying in vain to tell these fools that they are being used, but hey...I never understood masochism :eusa_shifty:
Can you expound a bit more on this Dante...I'm not sure I get your meaning.

Break down that Luntz observation of yours some more if you will...sounds interesting.

lol

I am outraged about Benghazi. How about you?

If things go down hill from here, are you gonna stick to your guns?

We are all on very thin ice right now, you might want to consider that. There are things that you both won, lost and abandoned, the effects are still not known.

lol

Can you expound a bit more on this Dante...I'm not sure I get your meaning.

Break down that Luntz observation of yours some more if you will...sounds interesting.

Luntz is a complex character. I think he has always been more a data nerd than an ideologue. I believe even Tony Blankely (had he lived longer), like Luntz may have been under the spell of Newt and the revolution of the time, but smart people move on...they grow or they get stuck and become caricatures of themselves as Newt did.

I've seen Luntz on the major media outlets over the past few years (I don't do cable anymore) and at first I thought he was playing to the audience, but he appears to be more interested in being taken seriously and giving out precise info than in spinning, which is hilarious as he tutors others on how to spin. No one of any substance is one-dimensional, but some people are more complex in their make up than others...Luntz is one of those complex characters I find truly fascinating...sort of like Carville, Buchanan, Atwater, Ailes...

step back from your biases and prejudices and you will see Luntz for what he truly is...

I loved reading HL Mencken when I was younger. I used to buy out of print early editions of his works. Who knew, a street wise character with an intellectual side...:eusa_shifty:...and I always remember Mencken's Prejudices -- he crucified many a leading intellectual, but sometimes he praised ... what I learned form him was a technique on how to see more clearly through all the masks and facades.

funny thing is most people walk away from his readings and only remember the biting cynicism and criticism. They miss the forest for the trees.

give Luntz a closer look. study Luntz as he does his subjects. For all his partisan work, he rarely if ever steers his subjects or clients in the wrong direction. On many levels he;s an honest man

this message will self -destruct within 24 hours

Luntz is a complex character. I think he has always been more a data nerd than an ideologue. I believe even Tony Blankely (had he lived longer), like Luntz may have been under the spell of Newt and the revolution of the time, but smart people move on...they grow or they get stuck and become caricatures of themselves as Newt did.

I've seen Luntz on the major media outlets over the past few years (I don't do cable anymore) and at first I thought he was playing to the audience, but he appears to be more interested in being taken seriously and giving out precise info than in spinning, which is hilarious as he tutors others on how to spin. No one of any substance is one-dimensional, but some people are more complex in their make up than others...Luntz is one of those complex characters I find truly fascinating...sort of like Carville, Buchanan, Atwater, Ailes...

step back from your biases and prejudices and you will see Luntz for what he truly is...

I loved reading HL Mencken when I was younger. I used to buy out of print early editions of his works. Who knew, a street wise character with an intellectual side...:eusa_shifty:...and I always remember Mencken's Prejudices -- he crucified many a leading intellectual, but sometimes he praised ... what I learned form him was a technique on how to see more clearly through all the masks and facades.

funny thing is most people walk away from his readings and only remember the biting cynicism and criticism. They miss the forest for the trees.

give Luntz a closer look. study Luntz as he does his subjects. For all his partisan work, he rarely if ever steers his subjects or clients in the wrong direction. On many levels he;s an honest man

Actually, I'm largely in agreement w/you on Luntz, in that he is a complex character. You will note that I said I kinda like him, kinda don't. You see, the don't part is when I see his NUMEROUS Sean Hannity specials where he has people and polling them. It seems like blatant RW guiding and steering.

I've also seen him on MSM and on shows like Stephen Colbert, so I've seen him out of theFOXNEWS element. I see his potential for straight/honest reporting...that's my like him side.

But to me, when you get too mixed up with perhaps the biggest GOP shill today, Sean Hannity, it's pretty hard to take you other than a shill yourself. But I still have hope for Luntz...I'm not as partisan as you think.

Read my siggy, it explains everything.

Actually, I'm largely in agreement w/you on Luntz, in that he is a complex character. You will note that I said I kinda like him, kinda don't. You see, the don't part is when I see his NUMEROUS Sean Hannity specials where he has people and polling them. It seems like blatant RW guiding and steering.

I've also seen him on MSM and on shows like Stephen Colbert, so I've seen him out of theFOXNEWS element. I see his potential for straight/honest reporting...that's my like him side.

But to me, when you get too mixed up with perhaps the biggest GOP shill today, Sean Hannity, it's pretty hard to take you other than a shill yourself. But I still have hope for Luntz...I'm not as partisan as you think.

Read my siggy, it explains everything.

A good brand man, a good message man, a good pollster, plays on the side that pays him/her. To do otherwise would be unethical.

There are those who only work for partisan fellow travelers. I'm the type who could and maybe would work with anybody...not for the money, but for the chance and opportunity to play the game.

You must remember, the majority of Americans do NOT pay attention to Hannity or any other cable talk fuck

lol

If things go down hill from here, are you gonna stick to your guns?

We are all on very thin ice right now, you might want to consider that. There are things that you both won, lost and abandoned, the effects are still not known.
No. Not at all.

See Dante's response.

lol

No. Not at all.

See Dante's response.

Ahem....
not in the least

shit happens

people today are too easily outraged

The viewers of FOX like what they hear.

Fox knows what they like. Fox knows how to appeal to their venal natures and conceits.

If they didn't want to be lied to they would not be watching TV generally or FOX even more specifically.

Last edited:

lol

Down here in SC they think romney won they are so clueless about the world. I look forward to the coming GOP civil war. But I think the tea party fox news crowd wins. They have plenty of hate for fuel. Now that hate will be aimed at each other instead of President Obama. Let them fight I say:clap2:

Coincidentally I turned to Huckabee last evening and while I wouldn't say he was outright lying he was far from being honest as a reporter or journalist reporting information. But on Fox there exists this bubble in which reality never enters for reality is complicated and messy. Huck was feeding a choir what they wanted to hear and they clapped and assented. It was an odd show for moments before he got into the BS he was discussing the bible with Kathy Gifford. You have to wonder how a man can hold the Bible in one hand and BS in the other.

Forum List

Back