Fox News Big Losers From New Hampshire; Frank Luntz and Murdoch in the bag for Rubio

Chris_Christie_Ohio_Vote_Rally-0ee3f.jpg

Dennis The Menace

aka Johnnie.

Dick Morris: Rubio, Fox News Big Losers From New Hampshire

[With conservative blogs calling Fox News "the unofficial Super Pac of Marco Rubio," the network may join the Florida senator as one of the big losers Tuesday night.

Fox has come under sharp criticism for its after debate spin discussions, especially its focus groups that have had seemingly ordinary voters strongly favor Rubio.

After the last debate in Iowa, Breitbart reported that "pollster Frank Luntz got significant airtime to direct a post-debate focus group that unsurprisingly was very favorable to Rubio, the GOP establishment pick in the primary race."

Breitbart said neither Fox nor Luntz disclosed the pollster’s close ties with Rubio.

According to the conservative online news service, Rubio had paid Luntz more than $250,000 for political work completed in Florida.

Morris said Fox has been frequently giving positive air time to Rubio after reporting on Trump, to the detriment of other candidates.
Breaking News at Newsmax.comhttp://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dick-morris-fox-news-marco-rubio/2016/02/09/id/713557/#ixzz3zn7wLtbl

Well, it appears the truth will come out in time with Fox. It is in the bag for Rubio. Rupert Murdoch backs the candidacy for him and Frank Luntz was paid $250,000 for political work for Rubio. Neither Fox News or Frank Luntz disclosed that. Fox has been giving positive air time to Rubio when it wasn’t warranted.

After Rubio had a devastating loss in last night’s primary, Fox was still trumpeting the virtues of Rubio. The close ties may reveal why, after the first debate with Megyn Kelly the “focus group” appeared to be anti-Trump when the polls the next day proved the opposite.

So much for unbiased and unafraid. At least Charles Krauthammer didn’t get the memo and appeared to say what he thought.

I am a former member of the media and have been a dedicated media watcher and critic for decades now. And because I was trained in an era in which any teensy bit of detectable bias would get you a good knuckle rapping from the journalism prof or city editor, I believe I am super sensitive to deliberate and inadvertent bias demonstrated by the media.

And, because it is the ONLY national news sources in which you get all the national news, I do watch Fox News quite a bit including last night for the election returns. I wasn't picking up on all that bias.
It seems to me that all the Fox 'magazine' hosts as well as all the straight new reporting has included everybody with pretty much equal time extended. If anybody is getting extra time or attention, it is Trump because he is central to every election news story no matter what the subject or purpose of the content. He is the one everybody talks about which just about forces a media source to follow him. And if anybody got extra time last night, it seemed to me that it was Kasich because he did so much better than the polls indicated he would.

Certainly those who favor a candidate that they feel isn't getting sufficient face time or discussion is going to believe his/her candidate is being shortchanged. That has become crystal clear to me during the debates in the perception that this person or that person was ignored, when the final tally showed they got many more minutes to participate than it 'felt' like they did.

I won't believe Luntz did anything underhanded without more evidence than one news source that may or may not be biased in their opinion about that. (And I am NOT a Rubio supporter, at least not yet.)

What a nice refreshing reply from someone who clearly knows whereof they speak. Thank you.

Fox is indeed a rubio superpac. no doubt they lick up some rubio droppings.

Bush has spent about 35 Million from the PAC's.....................Not working so well for him.....................

The establishment just doesn't get it............They are not going to buy this one.

Rubio/bush represent the interests of a few billionaires. they are vomit.

Bush has spent about 35 Million from the PAC's.....................Not working so well for him.....................

The establishment just doesn't get it............They are not going to buy this one.

I am prepared for the possibility that any of the candidates still running after South Carolina may be the nominee. Strange things happen as a campaign progresses. But for sure, the very real success of Trump and Sanders so far underscores how angry the voters are with the politics as usual crowd. And if we wind up with a Trump nominee, that will be the reason.

Forum List

Back