Lunch in a japanese school. I'm impressed!

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
Kids have a tremendous level of disipline before they reach kindergarten. They could never do any of this in an american school.

Schools do lots of things on the cheep there. Classrooms are 38 kids in a classroom. So teaching is by rote for every subject. The kids are the janitorial staff.

The janitorial staff ( the students) do lots more than would be done in an american school

Every student gets school lunch in lower grades. And it is cordon blue level.

School is 250+ days a year in Japan. In Oregon shcool is 175 days.

Such discipline and respect, something our kids today are sorely lacking.
I think of school here when I was in elementary vs today? it's not even recognizable.

Thanks for posting.

Very admirable.
Something U.S. schools would do well to emulate.

Oh please. Can't you already hear the screams and cries, not from the students, but from their parents? And that doesn't even include the bellyaching from liberals and unions screaming about child labor and putting unionized janitorial staff out of work.

Very admirable.
Something U.S. schools would do well to emulate.

Oh please. Can't you already hear the screams and cries, not from the students, but from their parents? And that doesn't even include the bellyaching from liberals and unions screaming about child labor and putting unionized janitorial staff out of work.

Oh you'd hear the howls from miles away....
But the hell with whats good for the kids development.

Around here all we turn out is over confident morons and little scut work would give em some humility.

38 kids per classroom means the kids get no education as we know it here. They are taught to be little robots, always obedient.

They are taught things we would regard as child abuse. It is a totally different culture, system. They get terrific school lunches, are taught responsibility, taking care of your neighbor. It works for them. It would not, could not be taught here.

38 kids per classroom means the kids get no education as we know it here. They are taught to be little robots, always obedient.

They are taught things we would regard as child abuse. It is a totally different culture, system. They get terrific school lunches, are taught responsibility, taking care of your neighbor. It works for them. It would not, could not be taught here.

Yeah....wouldnt want the little bastards to come away with a real life social lesson that would help them later in life.

There were 37 students in my 6th grade classroom. One nun teaching. There were no problems.

The japanese put tremendous effort into education, but get little results. English education is an example. They pour resources and effort into it. Starting with 5th grade level. But japanese don't speak a word of it after 6 years of it.

It teaches conformity, but little else seems to get taught

The japanese put tremendous effort into education, but get little results. English education is an example. They pour resources and effort into it. Starting with 5th grade level. But japanese don't speak a word of it after 6 years of it.

It teaches conformity, but little else seems to get taught

You clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

I see lots of you tube videos where people go on about Japanese education.

If I am wrong, demonstrate it. Do they not take english classes from middle school? Are there very many Japanese competent in English?

I know about english. I would imagine similar problems exist for other subjects.

Huge class sizes cause this kind of problem.

Huge class sizes cause this kind of problem.

Maybe youtube didn't tell you that not every class in every school in the entire country has the same number of students. For that matter, have YOU taught classes of different sizes such that you can say it "must be by rote"? It certainly seems not.

Such discipline and respect, something our kids today are sorely lacking.
I think of school here when I was in elementary vs today? it's not even recognizable.

Thanks for posting.

I agree!

It's refreshing to see well behaved children! :thup:

English classes in Japan used to be without speaking elements, only focusing on grammar and reading as required by various exams, thus leaning English like Latin. But those who are under 30 have learned how to speak English to some extent because speaking classes were introduced in the 1990s. But to become really proficient in English, Japanese students may need to take English courses abroad for at least a year as learning English also requires understanding American culture.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back