LtCol Vindman's Opening Statement

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2019/10/Vindmanstatementfinal.pdf

I realize the war hero's opening statement is longer than a tweet, and therefore impossible for Trump supporters to read or comprehend. But I post it for anyone else who is interested.

Some real sickos on the Right have attacked Vindman, his character, and his loyalty to our country. They have thus exposed that there is no low too low for these fucktards. Fortunately, there are others on the Right who have criticized these attacks on Vindman.

Trump and his massive ego are tearing the entire country apart.

Now some quotes from the Purple Heart recipient's opening testimony:

Since 2008, Russia has manifested an overtly aggressive foreign policy, leveraging military power and employing hybrid warfare to achieve its objectives of regional hegemony and global influence. Absent a deterrent to dissuade Russia from such aggression, there is an increased risk of further confrontations with the West. In this situation, a strong and independent Ukraine is critical to U.S. national security interests because Ukraine is a frontline state and a bulwark against Russian aggression.

In spite of being under assault from Russia for more than five years, Ukraine has taken major steps towards integrating with the West. The U.S. government policy community’s view is that the election of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the promise of reforms to eliminate corruption will lock in Ukraine’s Western-leaning trajectory, and allow Ukraine to realize its dream of a vibrant democracy and economic prosperity.

This Western-leaning trajectory is exactly what Vladimir Putin has been working very hard to reverse. And he planted these asinine Ukrainian conspiracy theories in the mind of our idiot President in Helsinki.

To continue:

When I joined the NSC in July 2018, I began implementing the administration’s policy on Ukraine. In the Spring of 2019, I became aware of outside influencers promoting a false narrative of Ukraine inconsistent with the consensus views of the interagency. This narrative was harmful to U.S. government policy. While my interagency colleagues and I were becoming increasingly optimistic on Ukraine’s prospects, this alternative narrative undermined U.S. government efforts to expand cooperation with Ukraine.

Those "outside influencers" were Rudy Giuliani and his criminal cohort.

<snip>

On July 10, 2019, Oleksandr Danylyuk, the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council for Ukraine, visited Washington, D.C. for a meeting with National Security Advisor Bolton. Ambassadors Volker and Sondland also attended, along with Energy Secretary Rick Perry.

The meeting proceeded well until the Ukrainians broached the subject of a meeting between the two presidents. The Ukrainians saw this meeting as critically important in order to solidify the support of their most important international partner. Amb. Sondland started to speak about Ukraine delivering specific investigations in order to secure the meeting with the President, at which time Ambassador Bolton cut the meeting short.

"...delivering specific investigation in order to secure the meeting with the President."

Quid. Pro. Quo.

I stated to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate, that the request to investigate Biden and his son had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not something the NSC was going to get involved in or push. Dr. Hill then entered the room and asserted to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate. Following the debriefing meeting, I reported my concerns to the NSC’s lead counsel. Dr. Hill also reported the incident to the NSC’s lead counsel.

<snip>

On July 25, 2019, the call occurred. I listened in on the call in the Situation Room with colleagues from the NSC and the office of the Vice President. As the transcript is in the public record, we are all aware of what was said.

I was concerned by the call. I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine. I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained. This would all undermine U.S. national security. Following the call, I again reported my concerns to NSC’s lead counsel.

How many people were listening to that one phone call? Jesus Christ.
Why did Trump try to hide the transcript of that phone call afterwards?

He knew he was doing something wrong and tried to bury it. But too many people had already raised concerns about Trump's and Rudy the Hand Grenade's activities before the call even took place.

Who are these people in the govts "Policy Community"? Sounds like unelected people trying to run the Country their way. The President gets to make Policy not a bunch of Bureaucrat hacks and Military Personnel. If he wanted to withhold money to ensure it wasn't being wasted ok. We should find out more about Uncle Joe and his dealings with Ukraine too!

So you read the transcript. So what? You've been force fed what Trump wants you to know, cultist. The real facts are hidden away in a server which only Dear Leader & his mob have access to.

Thanks for playing.

He knew he was doing something wrong and tried to bury it. But too many people had already raised concerns about Trump's and Rudy the Hand Grenade's activities before the call even took place.

rotten rudy has been real quiet lately... heard he lawyered up. his butt dialing was certainly another nail in his pine box.

I read the transcript of the call. Nothing there to be concerned about.

So why the hell should I care about this guys feelings about it?

you mean the edited version? you do realize that wasn't the verbatim transcript; it was a memorandum & what is in there didn't help donny in the least.

Wait ... a General who doesn't like Russians!? You're kidding me? That's epic!

images

But, does he drink water?

News Flash.

The transcript is public.

It completely exonerates Trump.

https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2019/10/Vindmanstatementfinal.pdf

I realize the war hero's opening statement is longer than a tweet, and therefore impossible for Trump supporters to read or comprehend. But I post it for anyone else who is interested.

Some real sickos on the Right have attacked Vindman, his character, and his loyalty to our country. They have thus exposed that there is no low too low for these fucktards. Fortunately, there are others on the Right who have criticized these attacks on Vindman.

Trump and his massive ego are tearing the entire country apart.

Now some quotes from the Purple Heart recipient's opening testimony:

Since 2008, Russia has manifested an overtly aggressive foreign policy, leveraging military power and employing hybrid warfare to achieve its objectives of regional hegemony and global influence. Absent a deterrent to dissuade Russia from such aggression, there is an increased risk of further confrontations with the West. In this situation, a strong and independent Ukraine is critical to U.S. national security interests because Ukraine is a frontline state and a bulwark against Russian aggression.

In spite of being under assault from Russia for more than five years, Ukraine has taken major steps towards integrating with the West. The U.S. government policy community’s view is that the election of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the promise of reforms to eliminate corruption will lock in Ukraine’s Western-leaning trajectory, and allow Ukraine to realize its dream of a vibrant democracy and economic prosperity.

This Western-leaning trajectory is exactly what Vladimir Putin has been working very hard to reverse. And he planted these asinine Ukrainian conspiracy theories in the mind of our idiot President in Helsinki.

To continue:

When I joined the NSC in July 2018, I began implementing the administration’s policy on Ukraine. In the Spring of 2019, I became aware of outside influencers promoting a false narrative of Ukraine inconsistent with the consensus views of the interagency. This narrative was harmful to U.S. government policy. While my interagency colleagues and I were becoming increasingly optimistic on Ukraine’s prospects, this alternative narrative undermined U.S. government efforts to expand cooperation with Ukraine.

Those "outside influencers" were Rudy Giuliani and his criminal cohort.

<snip>

On July 10, 2019, Oleksandr Danylyuk, the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council for Ukraine, visited Washington, D.C. for a meeting with National Security Advisor Bolton. Ambassadors Volker and Sondland also attended, along with Energy Secretary Rick Perry.

The meeting proceeded well until the Ukrainians broached the subject of a meeting between the two presidents. The Ukrainians saw this meeting as critically important in order to solidify the support of their most important international partner. Amb. Sondland started to speak about Ukraine delivering specific investigations in order to secure the meeting with the President, at which time Ambassador Bolton cut the meeting short.

"...delivering specific investigation in order to secure the meeting with the President."

Quid. Pro. Quo.

I stated to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate, that the request to investigate Biden and his son had nothing to do with national security, and that such investigations were not something the NSC was going to get involved in or push. Dr. Hill then entered the room and asserted to Amb. Sondland that his statements were inappropriate. Following the debriefing meeting, I reported my concerns to the NSC’s lead counsel. Dr. Hill also reported the incident to the NSC’s lead counsel.

<snip>

On July 25, 2019, the call occurred. I listened in on the call in the Situation Room with colleagues from the NSC and the office of the Vice President. As the transcript is in the public record, we are all aware of what was said.

I was concerned by the call. I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine. I realized that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the Bidens and Burisma, it would likely be interpreted as a partisan play which would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing the bipartisan support it has thus far maintained. This would all undermine U.S. national security. Following the call, I again reported my concerns to NSC’s lead counsel.

Blah blah blah

Trump released the Transcript.

No one gives a fuck what this jackoffs opinion was

Why can't left wingers tell us what's in the file? Do they rely on bolgs to read stuff to them and tell them what to think? You often see this post and run stuff from the left and then they curse you out if you argue with them. I guess the testimony was held behind closed doors and selectively released to minion morons in the media. Ho-hum.

It's none of your effin business. Haven't you ever heard of executive privilege?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
If only Trump would release the actual transcript! It would clear this up right away! If only!!

If he was sworn in, he perjured himself and violated his military oath.
Here is the transcript of the call he supposedly listened into.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Interesting...His Wiki file was redone to clean it up in the last 24 hrs.

That’s why a Sr. CIA staff just came out supporting him.

Here is a cut & paste of this morning news...

“Former Defense Department and CIA chief of staff Jeremy Bash blasted a segment on Fox News’ The Ingraham Angle as “absolutely despicable,” after host Laura Ingraham and her guest, legal professor John Yoo strongly suggested a Trump national security official, Lt. Col. Alex Vindman, could be guilty of “espionage” after news broke that he plans to testify to Congress that he objected to improper White House political influence toward Ukraine.”

Here is the Wiki on Bash

“Jeremy B. Bash (born August 13, 1971) is an American attorney.

He was the chief of staff at the U.S. Department of Defense (2011–2013) and the Central Intelligence Agency (2009–2011), both under President Barack Obama.

As a senior advisor to Leon Panetta in both roles, Bash worked on a number of key initiatives, including the creation of a new defense strategy, formation of two defense budgets, counterterrorism operations, a new cyber strategy, and a range of sensitive intelligence operations.

Bash was married to CNN journalist Dana Bash from 1998 to 2007.

In 2000, Bash served as the national security issues director for the presidential campaign of Al Gore and Joe Lieberman. In that role, he advised the candidates, their surrogates, and staff on national security policy matters, including the Middle East peace process, counter-terrorism, non-proliferation, missile defense, and trade.

From 2001 to 2004, Bash was in private law practice with the firm O’Melveny & Myers in their Washington, DC office. His practice focused on congressional investigations, regulatory matters, and litigation. He then served as chief minority counsel on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the U.S. House of Representatives and as an aide to California Representative Jane Harman, the committee’s top Democrat.

Bash was a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Forum List

Back