Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Racism

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
So that sums up Rush Limbaugh & talk-radio, George W. Bush, and the Tea-Party nicely.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice - Yahoo! News

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice, Hodson wrote in an email to LiveScience...

So that sums up Rush Limbaugh & talk-radio, George W. Bush, and the Tea-Party nicely.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice - Yahoo! News

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice, Hodson wrote in an email to LiveScience...

How very disingenuous of Yahoo News to misrepresent the findings of the study.

I suppose this means that, for the next year, the idiot left are gonna keep dragging this study out to 'prove' that 'conservatives are stupid'... which is, of course, not what the study actually shows at all.

So let me ask you, if people that resist change are considered conservative, how would you classify those that have lived off government assistance for generations?? Would you agree that most of them are resistant to change?? If you do agree, is it also likely they are not as smart or educated so would that make them conservative?? According you your link it would.

So let me ask you, if people that resist change are considered conservative, how would you classify those that have lived off government assistance for generations?? Would you agree that most of them are resistant to change?? If you do agree, is it also likely they are not as smart or educated so would that make them conservative??

Go and check out the study... and look at how they're defining 'social conservative views', not 'conservatives' as Americans understand it but 'social conservativism'... not the same thing.

Fucking morons who can't read a study and write fucking articles... they're a pain in the ass.

So let me ask you, if people that resist change are considered conservative, how would you classify those that have lived off government assistance for generations?? Would you agree that most of them are resistant to change?? If you do agree, is it also likely they are not as smart or educated so would that make them conservative??

Go and check out the study... and look at how they're defining 'social conservative views', not 'conservatives' as Americans understand it but 'social conservativism'... not the same thing.

Fucking morons who can't read a study and write fucking articles... they're a pain in the ass.

Well yea, I was trying to get down to his level so he could see how stupid he looked. :) I did read the article, I was hoping the OP did, too.

Well yea, I was trying to get down to his level so he could see how stupid he looked. :) I did read the article, I was hoping the OP did, too.

Not just the article... have a glance at the study it's based on. :lol: You'll laugh. Seriously. We can bitchslap the left for months with this one!

Not just the article... have a glance at the study it's based on. :lol: You'll laugh. Seriously. We can bitchslap the left for months with this one!

I especially like this:
Hodson was quick to note that the despite the link found between low intelligence and social conservatism, the researchers aren't implying that all liberals are brilliant and all conservatives stupid. The research is a study of averages over large groups, he said.

TM, the fact that they resist change - according to this study - makes them socially conservative. Did you read the article??

Well racism and low intelligence...

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

-- 'The Rev' Al Sharpton

Its one of my theories and I have yet to find any facts to dispute it.

Got nothing?

I am asking you to explain why blacks are too smart to vote republican?

I suggest you study the research - the answer is there.

And I'll give you a clue: it is not because they're 'too smart'. Racist views demonstrate a low intellect. And the studies are cross racial. I know the two studies in the UK that are referenced in the article. I have written pieces based on their research outcomes. I know some of the researchers. This study does not support what you think it supports.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back