Love one another

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Do we believe this teaching of Jesus? Do we practice it? How are we doing on this?

John 13:34
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

What makes it so hard is when you do love and get nothing but hatred in return.

Do we believe this teaching of Jesus? Do we practice it? How are we doing on this?

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
This was specifically addressed by Jesus (IESCHOOAH in Aramaic / IESOUS in Greek) to his EKKLESIA (church in English).

He did also say elsewhere to love your neighbor as yourself, although this really meant countryman/woman.

The only advice that Jesus gave which I don't agree with is "love your enemies". I have been trained to kill my enemies not love them.

What makes it so hard is when you do love and get nothing but hatred in return.
Meets my definition of an enemy then.

Such as "Ted Cruz is your enemy because he is a far right fanatic who is trying to hurt everybody. He is also nuts."

This world would be paradise if everyone were as good as me.

Imagine the news in a month. Not one rape murder or theft.

You should study more criminology.

The only advice that Jesus gave which I don't agree with is "love your enemies". I have been trained to kill my enemies not love them.

Keep in mind Jesus was addressing personal relationships--not necessarily advising people to love armed robbers who have broken into your home with murder in mind. Think of the family member, colleague, or neighbor that may get on your nerves, and make an effort to love them rather than hostility.

You should study more criminology.
Don't you agree though? Think about it. If everyone were at least as good as you and I the worst things would be I lie about you or cheat you or fuck your wife or sell you drugs. No more murders or rapes. That'd be a pretty OK world.

Forum List

Back