Louisiana tax dollars now go to teach that the Earth was made in 6 day! PROGRESS!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OohPooPahDoo, Jun 8, 2012.

1. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Awesome. So my tax dollars will now pay for children to be taught that the Earth was made in 6 days. They won't be "exposed" to the theory of evolution, because it might 'confuse' them. This is quite a step forward! F^&K YOU VERY MUCH BOBBY JINDAL!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/01/us-education-vouchers-idUSL1E8H10AG20120601

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Louisiana is keeping up its reputation as the 2nd dumbest state in the union

3. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    You do realize that the people using the vouchers are taxpayers and more to the point, are going to this school voluntarily, don't you? They are taking the tax money they have already paid and have chosen to not waste it on failed public schools... and anyway, the courses you cite are probably not mandatory.

Another PooPoo fail thread.

4. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320

If they paid any significant amount of tax they'd be able to afford to send their kids to private school without a voucher or they'd already live in a decent school district. Its funny how the right loves to portray the poor as non-taxpaying leaches - until they get taxpayer funded vouchers to send their kids to Bible school.

So the solution is to teach them "Bible based math" - where I suppose they use cubits instead of meters or feet?

You probably didn't read the article. But why bother do read, when you can just supposed reality as you wish?

If you had bothered to exercise your brain and read instead of just opening your trap to talk, you would know that evolution is not taught at Eternity Christian because it might "confuse" the students. Instead they are taught the Earth was made in 6 days, its party of the curriculum shit for brains, its not "voluntary". And apparently, not much teaching at all gets done there, as the kids spend most of the day in cubicles going through Bible work books.

AWESOME!!!!!

What better way to prepare a child to go to college than ignoring over 100+ years of biology?

EDIT: I know you didn't read the artlcle because I posted the wrong link in the OP! :)

EDIT: correct link now posted.

5. Soggy in NOLA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    What's it to you anyway?

Oh, you're a typical liberal busybody telling everyone else how to live... here's an idea... why don't you tend to your affairs and leave the rest of us alone. Personally, I don't give a shit what these people do with their voiuchers. If they choose to send their kids to a Christian school then that's none of my business, or yours for that matter.

I'm sure if they sent their kids to the Karl Marx Academy where it was taught that capitalism and religion are for retards, you'd be all in.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320

Yeah, who cares if our state is populated by poorly educated morons? Won't affect me! Its not like they are going to be the ones writing our laws! Its not like employers demand an educated workforce in the 21st century and might leave our state when the only people they have to hire are complete idiots! On a larger scheme, who even gives a shit if the nation as a whole is educated? Its elitists to care about that! its not like that would affect the economy, national security, or general quality of life one bit! One only need to cite the numerous advanced nations of the world where most of the people are illiterate morons!

Who gives a shit about education? All that matters is
    GEAUUUUUUUUXXXX TIGERS!!!!!!

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Well which theory can you prove?

The Earth was created in 6 days

Or

Big Bang

Hint: You can't prove either one.

8. Soggy in NOLA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Spare me.... the whole reason we're in this mess is because of the failure of the public education system. Like I said, outside of educating kids on the basics like math, etc., what business is it of yours if a parent is ok with their child being taught creationism? Who died and left you in charge?

You need to mind your own damn business and quit sticking your nose into other peoples' lives. I've seen what you libs consider educated, we're not impressed.

9. Soggy in NOLA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    He's smart... he knows everything.

10. zeke

zeke Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,868

You should tell all right wingers that part about when personal decisions are made, they are none of your business or my business. May not like the decision.

Why would you not care about the quality of the education. That's just fuking stupid to think kids should be taught that the world was made in 6 days. And to encourage that teaching is worse.

I do not want my Federal tax dollars going to waste on a voucher that will have a kid being taught those Biblical stories. ESPECIALLY when the other math and science is not being presented.

Kind of old fashioned that way. Wanting kids to be taught REAL math and science.