Louisiana tax dollars now go to teach that the Earth was made in 6 day! PROGRESS!

It amazes me every day how "conservatives" don't give two shits about kids.

What on Earth are you babbling bout now? If you had your way all kids would be stuck in shitty public schools putting condoms on cucumbers and reading "Jane has Two Mothers" all day long... that's gonna really prepare them for the big leagues!

:lol:

Last edited:
Well which theory can you prove?

The Earth was created in 6 days

Or

Big Bang

Hint: You can't prove either one.

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt--of course neither one.

Which seems more reflective of actual reality?
The Big Bang Theory.

Last edited:

Which seems more reflective of the actual reality?
The Big Bang Theory.

Who cares?

In a free country, parents have the right to decide what the curriculum of their child meets their goals.

It's called "choice."

Leftists are anti-choice - being pro-abortion doesn't change this fact.

What on Earth are you babbling bout now? If you had your way all kids would be stuck in shitty public schools putting condoms on cucumbers and reading "Jane has Two Mothers" all day long... that's gonna really prepare them for the big leagues!

If I had my way, schools would be fully funded and be staffed with the best teachers money could buy to educate our kids and prepare them for an economy that was overflowing with jobs.

But hey, that's just me.

Well which theory can you prove?

The Earth was created in 6 days

Or

Big Bang

Hint: You can't prove either one.

It has been disproven the earth was created in six days. The Big Bang has not been disproven.

You remind me of the idiots Isaac Asimov was thinking of when he said, "When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."

If you had bothered to exercise your brain and read instead of just opening your trap to talk, you would know that evolution is not taught at Eternity Christian because it might "confuse" the students.

If the rest of the curriculum is that backward looking, those parents who send their kids there will be rewarded. Their kids will be living off them until their kids are well into their 40s because they won't be able to find gainful employment.

If I had my way, schools would be fully funded and be staffed with the best teachers money could buy to educate our kids and prepare them for an economy that was overflowing with jobs.

But hey, that's just me.

Both of my kids went to Episcopal schools.. I PROMISE you they were far better prepared than most public school kids. They were both taught creationism, but I doubt either one believes that magically two people appeared with fig leaves covering their junk....

But hey, that's just me.

Both of my kids went to Episcopal schools.. I PROMISE you they were far better prepared than most public school kids. They were both taught creationism, but I doubt either one believes that magically two people appeared with fig leaves covering their junk....

You're missing the point.

I was taught Creationism as well when I was growing up, but I was taught it by my parents and by our Church. Not in a Science class with someone telling me "This is how the world works". Teaching it is fine. Teaching it THAT way is horribly wrong.

The Big Bang Theory.

Who cares?

In a free country, parents have the right to decide what the curriculum of their child meets their goals.

It's called "choice."

I agree that parents have a choice on what to educate their children with.

But don't confuse modern science with religion.

I agree that parents have a choice on what to educate their children with.

But don't confuse modern science with religion.

It's not your business if parents want to train their children to follow that mythology.

It's no more stupid and anti-scientific than global warming, and we teach that religion in public schools.

I believe that parents who send their children to schools that teach scientific fact, including biology (i.e. evolution) will raise children who will lead society. That is the incentive for parents to guide children to rational educations.

The state dictating what children are taught infringes basic liberty and achieves nothing. The anti-liberty left opposes choice because they seek to rule over others.

......and the seventh say was Duh Sabbath( Saturday-the day of rest).
murkins don't know that so lets keep it our lil secret, OK ?

Dur Sabbath?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akt3awj_Ah8]Black Sabbath - black Sabbath - original videoclip - YouTube[/ame]

The Big Bang Theory.

Who cares?

It's called "choice."

Do you think parents have a right to beat their children and lock them in the basement?

Awesome. So my tax dollars will now pay for children to be taught that the Earth was made in 6 days. They won't be "exposed" to the theory of evolution, because it might 'confuse' them. This is quite a step forward! F^&K YOU VERY MUCH BOBBY JINDAL!

At Eternity Christian Academy in Westlake, pastor-turned-principal Marie Carrier hopes to secure extra space to enroll 135 voucher students, though she now has room for just a few dozen. Her first- through eighth-grade students sit in cubicles for much of the day and move at their own pace through Christian workbooks, such as a beginning science text that explains "what God made" on each of the six days of creation. They are not exposed to the theory of evolution.

"We try to stay away from all those things that might confuse our children,"
Carrier said.

Other schools approved for state-funded vouchers use social studies texts warning that liberals threaten global prosperity; Bible-based math books that don't cover modern concepts such as set theory; and biology texts built around refuting evolution.

Louisiana's bold bid to privatize schools | Reuters

Oh fuck off....

Kids should be taught both evolution and creationism....

Kids should be taught different points of view on a subject... They shouldn't be taught one point of view.....

Hell, I'm into science, geology and anthropology and I can tell you I have plenty of questions about evolution, and in my mind the theory of evolution is FAR from fact....

Shit, for all we know aliens came to earth abducted a Neanderthal, mixed its juices with ours in a test tube and then set present day man on Earth to procreate. Yeah we could be nothing more than an experiment.

There are all sorts of theories out there, and creationism is one of them - and it should be taught to kids as an alternate theory.

Forum List

Back