The Obama administration suddenly looks like a house of cards

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
good OP by Peggy Noonan of WSJ
What's Changed After Wisconsin - WSJ.com
President Obama's problem now isn't what Wisconsin did, it's how he looks each day—careening around, always in flight, a superfluous figure. No one even looks to him for leadership now. He doesn't go to Wisconsin, where the fight is. He goes to Sarah Jessica Parker's place, where the money is.

There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration.

It became apparent some weeks ago when the president talked on the stump—where else?—about an essay by a fellow who said spending growth is actually lower than that of previous presidents. This was startling to a lot of people, who looked into it and found the man had left out most spending from 2009, the first year of Mr. Obama's presidency.

But you know, why would he go out there waving an article that could immediately be debunked? Maybe because he thought it was true. That's more alarming, isn't it, the idea that he knows so little about the effects of his own economic program that he thinks he really is a low spender.

Any president will, in a presidential election year, be political. But there is a startling sense with Mr. Obama that that's all he is now, that he and his people are all politics, all the time, undeviatingly, on every issue. He isn't even trying to lead, he's just trying to win.

Most ominously, there are the national-security leaks that are becoming a national scandal—the "avalanche of leaks," according to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, that are somehow and for some reason coming out of the administration... These leaks, say the California Democrat, put "American lives in jeopardy," put "our nation's security in jeopardy."

Bill Clinton is showing all the signs of someone who is, let us say, essentially unimpressed by the incumbent. He defended Mitt Romney as a businessman—"a sterling record"—said he doesn't like personal attacks in politics, then fulsomely supported the president, and then said that the Bush tax cuts should be extended.

It just all increasingly looks like a house of cards
A-falling-house-of-cards-200x300.jpg

I also remember when Clinton was "irrelevant". How'd that work for Dole? :cool:

Noonan isn't as swift as she once was; unemployment remains high, and has been for a long time, now it is increasing. Perhaps she tired of "praise the miracle of Walker, he isn't a 1.5 years Republican Governor".

funny. I don't see that word in the article or in my post. Maybe I missed it. Perhaps you could point it out to me?

First you have to point out where I said it was. Got a problem with synonyms and analogies? I'll give you one thing, I should have posted it as 'irrelevant', rather than "irrelevant", K?

funny. I don't see that word in the article or in my post. Maybe I missed it. Perhaps you could point it out to me?

Well, whenever I mention Romney, you mention Obama; you know. Rather than address YOUR Messiah's latest etch-a-sketch moment. So this just might be karmic.

Well, whenever I mention Romney, you mention Obama; you know. Rather than address YOUR Messiah's latest etch-a-sketch moment. So this just might be karmic.

really? In every post of yours that mentions Romney, I respond bringing up Obama? Every one?

really? In every post of yours that mentions Romney, I respond bringing up Obama? Every one?

Enough that there's a pattern? And not just me, but anybody on the board? Absolutely.

I can't imagine anyone but the sheep look at Obama as a man with leadership qualities.
For those that do - I would LOOOOVE for them to say specifically where they see these qualities.

Well, in all fairness, Clinton wasn't presiding over one of the longest economic slumps in U.S. history complete with high unemployment, record deficits, record debt, record numbers of Americans on assistance, first downgrade in U.S. history, housing markets in the tank, inflation, etc.

Hell, as much as I knew Dole to be a far better man personally, I voted for Clinton in term two...

You are aware that Mitt Romney is your candidate aren't you?

Anything to get away from the collapse of the obama regime. As bizarre as it is, obama seems unaware that his regime is collapsing around him. He has completely abandoned the office of the presidency in favor of non stop campaigning. The more he talks about his accomplishments the more foolish he appears.

Enough that there's a pattern? And not just me, but anybody on the board? Absolutely.

show me 10 recent posts (within 2 weeks) of yours that mention Romney, where I responded talking about Obama. You do that, I'll wear an avatar of your choosing (as long as it meets board rules) for a week. If you can't, you wear an avatar of MY choosing for a week (same thing about meeting board rules).

deal?

show me 10 recent posts (within 2 weeks) of yours that mention Romney, where I responded talking about Obama. You do that, I'll wear an avatar of your choosing (as long as it meets board rules) for a week. If you can't, you wear an avatar of MY choosing for a week (same thing about meeting board rules).

deal?

Nope. I don't do the go digging to prove my point thing, I don't do the avatar thing.

If that means you're right and I'm wrong /shrug - so be it.

Forum List

Back