Lottery winner thinks she still is entitled too foodstamps

so,

just how many Americans are on some sort of assistance

i'll bet the odds of a winner isn't far fetched....

~S~

She sounds just like any other millionaire

She knows that her winnings don't count as income only personal wealth. Everyone knows millionaires don't count personal wealth when they pay taxes

She is just another fat cat millionaire gaming the system

just like you would be doing if you were a Millionaire.....

I wouldn't be taking foodstamps if I won a million dollars. Of course, I don't get foodstamps now, and never have, even when we were at our poorest.

we were not talking about food stamps....

just like you would be doing if you were a Millionaire.....

I wouldn't be taking foodstamps if I won a million dollars. Of course, I don't get foodstamps now, and never have, even when we were at our poorest.

I thought that was the whole subject of this thread, that a winner of the lottery continued to collect her foodstamps after collecting more than $500,000?

Yes, she did continue to collect food stamps. The State of Michigan has stopped her payments. She failed to report income to the agency.

Yes, she did continue to collect food stamps. The State of Michigan has stopped her payments. She failed to report income to the agency.
Fraud, some of that 500,000 will go to the state for reimbursement, Florida takes out money owed to the state or Federal government. Don't know what Michigan does.

Fraud, some of that 500,000 will go to the state for reimbursement, Florida takes out money owed to the state or Federal government. Don't know what Michigan does.

Convince them to move to Florida.

I thought that was the whole subject of this thread, that a winner of the lottery continued to collect her foodstamps after collecting more than $500,000?

well it looked to me like RW was talking about how Millionaires play the system to pay as little taxes as possible......i feel he was referring to Wealthy folks,not the lady in his Post......i mean how many wealthy people get food stamps?...this lady was already on them when she won....she was just being Greedy......

Reminds me of mega millionaires who claim they have no income and get to pay less than 15% in income taxes

You could even run for President

Really?

Well...if it does, then you really should see how your ideology is a bit whacked out.

Now...here me out....

You have two entities...

1) A person who has a 2 million dollars in captial gains who pays 300K in taxes on it.

2) A person who has little income...I believe she said 3000 is what she makes during the summer...at 3000...she pays no federal income tax as she does not have to pay on any income below 3700 (Tax Year 2011)....but DOES pay 300K in taxes on the winnings

Both gambled for their income....Person A in the stock market, Person B in the lottery.

Yet....

Person A does not expect, collect or apply for entitlements like food stamps.

Person B expects, collects, and continues to demand entitlements like food stamps.

And one reminds you of the other?

If I won a million, creating my own job would have been my first use of the winnings.

Reminds me of mega millionaires who claim they have no income and get to pay less than 15% in income taxes

Really?

Well...if it does, then you really should see how your ideology is a bit whacked out.

Now...here me out....

You have two entities...

1) A person who has a 2 million dollars in captial gains who pays 300K in taxes on it.

2) A person who has little income...I believe she said 3000 is what she makes during the summer...at 3000...she pays no federal income tax as she does not have to pay on any income below 3700 (Tax Year 2011)....but DOES pay 300K in taxes on the winnings

Both gambled for their income....Person A in the stock market, Person B in the lottery.

Yet....

Person B expects, collects, and continues to demand entitlements like food stamps.

I believe RW was jesting.Amounts owed to the state of Michigan should be deducted from winnings, IF Michigan does so. Florida does.

If I won a million, creating my own job would have been my first use of the winnings.

It is funny you say that.

I never play the lottery....

But one day my son....21 years old and in college....called me and asked me to hbuy himn 10 lottrery tickets...

I asked what was it all about?

He told me he came up with an idea...a business idea.....and he researrched it and found he would need about 100K start up costs......and he figured winning the lottery would be the quickest way to get it.

I hope the $300k in taxes she paid more than reimbursed the assistance she's ever used, and I hope someone smashes her over the forehead with a book and explains why she's so fucking dumb for the comments she's made.

Really?

Now...here me out....

You have two entities...

Yet....

I believe RW was jesting.Amounts owed to the state of Michigan should be deducted from winnings, IF Michigan does so. Florida does.

they were deducted from her winnings.

But that waws not the point I was making.

I may not have articulated properly.

I hope the $300k in taxes she paid more than reimbursed the assistance she's ever used, and I hope someone smashes her over the forehead with a book and explains why she's so fucking dumb for the comments she's made.

other than saying she needs the government money to help with he rexpenses...was there anything else she said?

What about the point that she was being assisted by the government yet she used a portion of her own money on lottery tickets? Even if only one...

other than saying she needs the government money to help with he rexpenses...was there anything else she said?

What about the point that she was being assisted by the government yet she used a portion of her own money on lottery tickets? Even if only one...

Her whole entire interview was full-on re-re.

Most people dont want to be on food stamps or welfare....a dignity issue....they are gald it is available, but they hate the thought of having to fall on it.

Yet...here is a woman who had the chance to say "thank you, but all is good right now"...and instead, wants, expects, and demands food stamps.

The far right is going to make her a poster child for their "people are lazy and prefer not working" mantra

Most people dont want to be on food stamps or welfare....a dignity issue....they are gald it is available, but they hate the thought of having to fall on it.

Yet...here is a woman who had the chance to say "thank you, but all is good right now"...and instead, wants, expects, and demands food stamps.

The far right is going to make her a poster child for their "people are lazy and prefer not working" mantra

Which is the wrong thing to do, of course.

Which is the wrong thing to do, of course.

of course it is the wrong thing to do.

She is an idiot. She is one of the mindset of "gimme".

Most prefer to do for themselves. Have you ever seen someone on welfare walking with their head up high? They dont want to be there......but they thank God it is there.

She wins one million, she still has 500,000.00 left and then gets a car,has two house's?
How did she even get one house with no Income?
quote " I have no income so I should still get food stamps".
How about she has enough to get some type of schooling in order to get a job, so that she does have income.
This is a perfect example of what Conservatives and Moderates have been saying all along, about the harmful mind set that government handouts create.

Forum List

Back