Lottery winner thinks she still is entitled too foodstamps

Reminds me of mega millionaires who claim they have no income and get to pay less than 15% in income taxes

You could even run for President

If they have NO income.... what do want them to get taxed on?

They payed their taxes when they rec'd the lottery money.

What do you pay in taxes for the interest you earn on your saved money?

:cuckoo:
actually yes, they are suppose to pay taxes on interest earned. :lol: do you not know how the tax system works?

Hey dumbshit.. if they had no income, then obviously they didn't earn any interest... don't you know how reality works?

as the GOP says "if you dont have a job and youre not rich, its your own fault".

how is the GOP going to help you in that situation? they didnt want to extend unemployment benefits without keeping tax cuts for the wealthy.

curious enough, what state do you live in?

Washington State, and I wasn't talking about the GOP, I was talking about the state.
im just pointing out policies they have embraced.

why didnt the state approve your unemployment insurance claim? was he fired or did he quit? or was he injured?

He did get unemployment. sorry I didn't count that as help for the state. It didn't last that long and while we were offered Cobra insurance, it was $800. More than my housepayment...I chose to continue the housepayment instead of paying for the insurance. Thank the Lord that I got a job with United Airlines finally and they had insurance that started immediately as my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer soon afterward. United sent my job to India a year and 1/2 later. It only paid about $8.50 an hour by then, I started at $9.50, because United Airlines was in bankruptcy, they were able to lower our pay. Fortunately, my husband was finally hired back at Boeing right around the time my job left for India as I was then diagnosed with breast cancer and his insurance company covered it.

We don't call that our 3 years of hell for nothing. My mother died, his had a stroke and died soon afterward, we both got cancer, it was a really trying time.

Why is income from interest taxed at a lower rate than income from your labor?

Labor is guaranteed to have a positive impact on the economy, your income from interest might come from foreign corporations, which does nothing to help the USA.

also a higher percentage of income from labor is spent in the USA economy than the income from interest.

Labor is guaranteed to have a positive impact on the economy, your income from interest might come from foreign corporations, which does nothing to help the USA.

also a higher percentage of income from labor is spent in the USA economy than the income from interest.

Well, they didn't used to tax interest income at all, maybe they're working up to it?

Reminds me of mega millionaires who claim they have no income and get to pay less than 15% in income taxes

Interesting that it's the 'fault' of the millionaire, and not the tax system - as produced by the Government you elect. Interesting... and really fucking lame. Applying your 'logic', the victim is to blame for crime, right?

Idiot.

Is it the fault of the food stamp recipient that her winnings do not count as income and she is still eligible for food stamps?

So is she to blame for her crime?

Interesting that it's the 'fault' of the millionaire, and not the tax system - as produced by the Government you elect. Interesting... and really fucking lame. Applying your 'logic', the victim is to blame for crime, right?

Idiot.

Is it the fault of the food stamp recipient that her winnings do not count as income and she is still eligible for food stamps?

Yes. She can just not take advantage of the foodstamps. They system is to blame also, but you can't forget personal responsibility, though she doesn't seem to have any of that.

Because the people who make enough money off their investments are the same people who write the laws or have enough political clout to get the laws written in their favor.

But when conservatives call for a no exception, no loophole, no ceiling, no floor, flat tax on every dollar earned by every source.... it gets poo pooed by the left... go figure

Idiot.

No, it isn't. And.... despite your hysteria.... she has committed no crime... But I know, if it were me.... I wouldn't be claiming food stamps if I had won the lottery. No one forces an individual to claim free shit.

Washington State, and I wasn't talking about the GOP, I was talking about the state.

why didnt the state approve your unemployment insurance claim? was he fired or did he quit? or was he injured?

He did get unemployment. sorry I didn't count that as help for the state. It didn't last that long and while we were offered Cobra insurance, it was $800. More than my housepayment...I chose to continue the housepayment instead of paying for the insurance. Thank the Lord that I got a job with United Airlines finally and they had insurance that started immediately as my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer soon afterward. United sent my job to India a year and 1/2 later. It only paid about $8.50 an hour by then, I started at $9.50, because United Airlines was in bankruptcy, they were able to lower our pay. Fortunately, my husband was finally hired back at Boeing right around the time my job left for India as I was then diagnosed with breast cancer and his insurance company covered it.

We don't call that our 3 years of hell for nothing. My mother died, his had a stroke and died soon afterward, we both got cancer, it was a really trying time.

so you technically did get some state assistance it was just lacking.....

what would you have liked to see different?

i would think you would be the poster child for universal health care. considering your situation, if you had access to it, you would have not had to worry about the possibility of bankruptcy due to your husbands or your cancer.

Idiot.

No, it isn't. And.... despite your hysteria.... she has committed no crime... But I know, if it were me.... I wouldn't be claiming food stamps if I had won the lottery. No one forces an individual to claim free shit.

And neither would I. Just like I can't support Romney in taking advantage of the tax code just because he can

But when conservatives call for a no exception, no loophole, no ceiling, no floor, flat tax on every dollar earned by every source.... it gets poo pooed by the left... go figure

you still need a tiered system since that helps those with low incomes. a tiered system with flat tax rates is fine. say 3 tax rates. (on the federal level at least) 0-$30k - 0%, $30-60k - 15% $60k-100K - 20% $100k-$500K - 25%, $500K+ - 30%. no deductions, no loop holes simply a flat tax on all income. whether it is a job or investment income.

this just an example, but would this be suitable to the flat tax crowd?

Last edited:

so you technically did get some state assistance it was just lacking.....

what would you have liked to see different?

i would think you would be the poster child for universal health care. considering your situation, if you had access to it, you would have not had to worry about the possibility of bankruptcy due to your husbands or your cancer.

foodstamps, help with heating... those were our main concerns. We went to the foodbank but most of the food they give out is starches...I've never eaten so many danish in my life. And we haven't had any since...it's just not something we buy as it's not healthy yet the foodbank doesn't exacly have healthy food to give out, and when it does, Americans don't get it, the Russians had pretty much taken over the foodbank when we went. They had watermelons in a large crate, the Russians surrounded it and passed them off to other Russians, no Americans or anyone other than Russians got any. We did get a box of oranges once but that was only because I have a friend that works there and she took a box off the palet for us before the Russians surrounded it.

We have two special needs kids. Because of our assets, they couldnt get disability. Now, they are both over 18 and they are both getting ssi and medicaid. Funny how that works, isn't it? When we don't need the help we get it, when we need it we can't, we had too many assets. I remember a meeting with the school one day when one of the administrators asked my how come my kids weren't on medicaid. I said we have too many assets. He said he knows doctors that get it for their kids. I said yeah, but they lie, I don't.

Truth is most of those working the system are lying their asses off. Because I'm truthful, we get punished.

And yeah, like I said, we were lucky. The timing seemed to be just perfect with our cancer. If he'd gotten it a month sooner, we would have been up a creek.

We love the story of the welfare queen scamming the system. Ron Reagan lived off of it. Here we have a woman with lottery winnings who can still get food stamps. Makes a good local news story and message board thread

But what is she doing that the Mitt Romneys of the country are not doing?

She invested in the lottery and had a million dollar profit. Like a good American, she paid $400,000 in taxes and now has $600,000 of personal wealth she has already paid taxes on. According to conservatives, that wealth should not be considered as income. She rightfully claims she does not have a job and is eligible for food stamps. Just like Romney claims he has very little income in spite of immense personal wealth

Yet we persecute the welfare queen and celebrate the megamillionaire

And neither would I. Just like I can't support Romney in taking advantage of the tax code just because he can

Such hypocrisy

We love the story of the welfare queen scamming the system. Ron Reagan lived off of it. Here we have a woman with lottery winnings who can still get food stamps. Makes a good local news story and message board thread

She invested in the lottery and had a million dollar profit. Like a good American, she paid $400,000 in taxes and now has $600,000 of personal wealth she has already paid taxes on. According to conservatives, that wealth should not be considered as income. She rightfully claims she does not have a job and is eligible for food stamps. Just like Romney claims he has very little income in spite of immense personal wealth

Now apply your hypocritical views to Jimmy Buffet, Jeff Imelt, and your dear leader Obama.

They to follow the rules....

I say 9-9-9
:fu:

Last edited:

I'm for persecuting both of them.

Forum List

Back