Lost your job and can't find another one....

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
What do you give up first? What can you do without? This is my list.
1) In-laws - I've been looking for an excuse to unload these folks since the day I meet them.
2) Cable/Satellite TV - I have 500 channels but only watch the networks anyways.
3) Yard guy - I pay $100.00 a month for a gym I don't go to so why not start doing my own yard and getting the workout.
4) Eating out - My wife is the best cook in the world yet we monthly go out and plunk down $100.00 for an average meal.
5) Coffee - Never was a big Starbuck person but about once a week I would hit it for a Mocha - Venti.
6) Beer- Well let's not go nuts here that's a keeper.
7) Internet access - I might down grade but I would be desperate to get rid of it. It is almost a necessity.
8) Cell Phone- Same as internet

Whats your list?

Recently.

The extra house that the banker frauded the papers on.

In the past.

Internet.

Telephones

Electric - Use firewood for cooking and candles for light at night.

Running water- was not a matter of choice when the propane man took the tank after he was encouraged to do so by local law enforcement. The pond is great for bathing in the summer when the plumbing is broken due to freezing and you can't afford to fix it and getting fresh well water by hand works. Keep a few buckets around at the eve spout edges for catching rain water, saves a bit of hand dipping from the well. Great for washing ones hair too!

All insurance went.

Medical care unless it is absolutely an emergency.

Eating out.

Candy.

Good Perfume. I missed that a lot.

Food gets scare load up on beans and whatever grows in the garden. Make sure you have a place for a garden or at least grow lettuce, spinach, or tomatoes in a container. Get a few chickens, they can lay eggs in the morning for you and then rome around and eat bugs, etc...

Recently.

The extra house that the banker frauded the papers on.

In the past.

Internet.

Telephones

Electric - Use firewood for cooking and candles for light at night.

Running water- was not a matter of choice when the propane man took the tank after he was encouraged to do so by local law enforcement. The pond is great for bathing in the summer when the plumbing is broken due to freezing and you can't afford to fix it and getting fresh well water by hand works. Keep a few buckets around at the eve spout edges for catching rain water, saves a bit of hand dipping from the well. Great for washing ones hair too!

All insurance went.

Medical care unless it is absolutely an emergency.

Eating out.

Candy.

Good Perfume. I missed that a lot.

Food gets scare load up on beans and whatever grows in the garden. Make sure you have a place for a garden or at least grow lettuce, spinach, or tomatoes in a container. Get a few chickens, they can lay eggs in the morning for you and then rome around and eat bugs, etc...

Wow! It sounds like it already hit the fan for you. I feel like a snob now with my list. Are you serious? You still have the internet.

Forum List

Back