Lost my Pastor Today

Man made rules. I prefer to make my own.:) that is why you have a conscience.
Most Catholics rely on their own conscience and use birth control

Many rely on basic self-control, and don't need excuses or devices.

Married people should have sex any time they wish
Abstinence is archaic

Self-control is archaic? That's why the US-prisons are more than full of people with an exorbitant criminal high self-control? But let me inform you, bachelor: Who is not able to be abstinent (specially in case of all drugs including alcohol and sex) should not marry. There's no freedom and no happiness without self-control. And in general I'm asking myself sometimes how some modern forms of "emancipation" degrade women to sex objects and working slaves, who have to follow rules which are made from men for men.

Self control from what?

Rape is illegal, making love to your spouse is not

Perhaps "Making love" is not illegal because it is impossible to do so? Love is a gift from god. If I would be a woman and you would try "to make love" then I could lose my self-control and send you to the moon without spacesuit. I never will understand what women see in the uncivilized male species of barbaric apes, which calls themselves "men". Be happy if a woman gives you her noble permission to speak with her.

Oh by the way: Your question was totally superfluous. Self-control is another word for freedom. All other forms of control are slavery.

Last edited:
Once again

Catholics fall on “sex is yucky”

Men made this rule in the Church. Another way to control.

How about Hobby Lobby fighting paying for birth control because it is against their beliefs.

Yet they stole and had to return thousands of Atrifacts to Iraq. Those items came in marked Tile!

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2017/07/06/hobby-lobby-artifacts/

Where was their faith then?

Never understood the religious objection to birth control

Seems to be centered on the couples to have sex without worrying about children. Recreational sex is somehow sinful

It's money. Less people to fill the coffers.

Same reason there are two Catholic churches on the Vegas strip. Gaming, guilt, gaming chips in the guilt plate.

‘Chip Monk’ cashes in chips for the church

Actually there is hardly any money in it. Most life long pastors make less than a homeless beggar does, the vast majority of them make nothing. You whining cry babies need to find a new gimmick to smear them with; that one is easily proven to be utter BS.

I never mentioned Pastors wages. Gladly give my share.

My comments have all been about Crooks like Hobby Lobby being so hypocritical about not wanting to pay for birth control because it goes against their faith but dopiest not give a thought to smuggling thousands of dollars worth of Iraq artifacts marked Tiles to sell here in their stores.

I also spoke of the drunkenness and gambling I witnessed as a small child.

If you consider that whining you can go stuff your thoughts you know where.

I was responding to OnePercenter's post, not yours. The "Quote" feature here sucks, as it alerts everybody in the post, not just the main poster whose post is being quoted.

Once again

Catholics fall on “sex is yucky”

Men made this rule in the Church. Another way to control.

How about Hobby Lobby fighting paying for birth control because it is against their beliefs.

Yet they stole and had to return thousands of Atrifacts to Iraq. Those items came in marked Tile!

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2017/07/06/hobby-lobby-artifacts/

Where was their faith then?

Never understood the religious objection to birth control

Seems to be centered on the couples to have sex without worrying about children. Recreational sex is somehow sinful

It's money. Less people to fill the coffers.

Same reason there are two Catholic churches on the Vegas strip. Gaming, guilt, gaming chips in the guilt plate.

‘Chip Monk’ cashes in chips for the church

Actually there is hardly any money in it. Most life long pastors make less than a homeless beggar does, the vast majority of them make nothing. You whining cry babies need to find a new gimmick to smear them with; that one is easily proven to be utter BS.

But, but, but, free rent, free utilities, free food, free car, and depending on the denomination, no taxes. My former wife's cousin is a nun. She is the principal of the families investments which include investment property. She officially makes no money, thus the investments pay no taxes.

Only up to a percentage, and they pay income taxes and Social Security on perks as well as wages, as do all paid church employees. The Parsonage deduction isn't very grand, and few churches even have one to begin with. Try some research. It's not hard.

And, your little story is BS. There is no 'free rent' unless she's living in a nunnery and drawing zero pay, which is highly unlikely and BS as well. Catholic Church pays salaries, and those salaries are taxed like anybody else's payroll taxes are.

Last edited:
True, the original fight against BC was because when the pill first came out they had many side effects, and the new ones are even worst.
The church also opposed condoms and sterilization

Birth control was never forbidden in the catholic church. It's now the third time I say this to you.

Third time you are wrong

No problem to tell you this a fourth time: Birth control never was "forbidden" (what's by the way a wrong word too) in the catholic church. Only some forms of birth control are not compatible with a catholic lifestyle. Birth control itself is part of normal family planning.

Now, explain why the pill, condoms, IUDs are still banned by the church

"Banned"? ... hmm .. crazy ... Whatever ... Most Catholics are not interested in this theme. But if you like to speak about, why not? First of all I am for example in the moment not sure whether a pill for men would be 'forbidden'. "The pill" has for example the problem that it makes women to subjects of men. Imagine this "communication" of a man with a woman: "You don't like to have sex with me? Why? You fear to get pregnant? Doesn't make any matter. Take the pill and I will be able to have sex, whenever I like to have sex." Do you see now a problem? And there are much more problems in context with "the pill". And to trust in condoms means for example too not to do family planning at all. Condoms are one of the most unsafe methods. Perhaps I can say in a kind of summary the Catholic church prefers natural methods where the woman says when she likes to have sex.

Last edited:

Birth control was never forbidden in the catholic church. It's now the third time I say this to you.

Third time you are wrong

No problem to tell you this a fourth time: Birth control never was "forbidden" (what's by the way a wrong word too) in the catholic church. Only some forms of birth control are not compatible with a catholic lifestyle. Birth control itself is part of normal family planning.

"Banned"? ... hmm .. crazy ... Whatever ... Most Catholics are not interested in this theme. But if you like to speak about, why not? First of all I am for example in the moment not sure whether a pill for men would be 'forbidden'. "The pill" has for example the problem that it makes women to subjects of men. Imagine this "communication" of a man with a woman: "You don't like to have sex with me? Why? You fear to get pregnant? Doesn't make any matter. Take the pill and I will be able to have sex, whenever I like to have sex." Do you see now a problem? And there are much more problems in context with "the pill". And to trust in condoms means for example too not to do family planning at all. Condoms are one of the most unsafe methods. Perhaps I can say in a kind of summary the Catholic church prefers natural methods where the woman says when she likes to have sex.

The viewpoint makes no sense. The pill does not make women into "subjects for men," just the opposite. It allows women to choose to obtain it and take it or not, giving her free agency in the matter of whether to get pregnant at any given time. It also is much less than a gamble than "natural methods" are. Why would "natural methods" afford her more freedom of choice as to whether to have sex or not and when?

I don't see what is so horrible about using artificial birth-control methods. We humans make and use tools to solve all sorts of problems. We've been doing this for thousands of years, whether it's antibiotics, a pipe wrench, medical equipment, a car, or the Hoover Dam.

Both of my parents were raised Catholic, thus guaranteeing that I had a childhood run-in with the Catholic Church as well. They recognized the problem immediately. My father in particular used to complain about how stupid the church leaders were.

Obviously, the leaders of the church are all male, as they don't allow anyone in who doesn't have a penis; a fact well known Plus, these guys are (supposedly) completely inexperienced in sexual matters. They certainly do not know anything more than the rest of us do.

Abstinence is archaic

Self-control is archaic? That's why the US-prisons are more than full of people with an exorbitant criminal high self-control? But let me inform you, bachelor: Who is not able to be abstinent (specially in case of all drugs including alcohol and sex) should not marry. There's no freedom and no happiness without self-control. And in general I'm asking myself sometimes how some modern forms of "emancipation" degrade women to sex objects and working slaves, who have to follow rules which are made from men for men.

Self control from what?

Perhaps "Making love" is not illegal because it is impossible to do so? Love is a gift from god. If I would be a woman and you would try "to make love" then I could lose my self-control and send you to the moon without spacesuit. I never will understand what women see in the uncivilized male species of barbaric apes, which calls themselves "men". Be happy if a woman gives you her noble permission to speak with her.

Oh by the way: Your question was totally superfluous. Self-control is another word for freedom. All other forms of control are slavery.

Maybe “making love” was the wrong term

How about “Sweaty, headboard crashing sex”

Humans do it. It is part of being human. It is also fun

Third time you are wrong

The viewpoint makes no sense. The pill does not make women into "subjects for men,"

And Confucius has eight toes.

just the opposite. It allows women to choose to obtain it and take it or not, giving her free agency in the matter of whether to get pregnant at any given time. It also is much less than a gamble than "natural methods" are. Why would "natural methods" afford her more freedom of choice as to whether to have sex or not and when?

I don't see what is so horrible about using artificial birth-control methods. We humans make and use tools to solve all sorts of problems. We've been doing this for thousands of years, whether it's antibiotics, a pipe wrench, medical equipment, a car, or the Hoover Dam.

Both of my parents were raised Catholic, thus guaranteeing that I had a childhood run-in with the Catholic Church as well. They recognized the problem immediately. My father in particular used to complain about how stupid the church leaders were.
Sigh.
Obviously, the leaders of the church are all male, as they don't allow anyone in who doesn't have a penis; a fact well known Plus, these guys are (supposedly) completely inexperienced in sexual matters. They certainly do not know anything more than the rest of us do.

When I was young after the first few thousands books I read I had the feeling I know more than a man with 80. Now - decades later - I am happy to be the same idiot like everyone else. So what will you do now? Will you continue to eat the pill? With or without condom?

Last edited:

Third time you are wrong

The viewpoint makes no sense. The pill does not make women into "subjects for men,"

just the opposite. It allows women to choose to obtain it and take it or not, giving her free agency in the matter of whether to get pregnant at any given time. It also is much less than a gamble than "natural methods" are. Why would "natural methods" afford her more freedom of choice as to whether to have sex or not and when?

Sigh.

When I was young I had the feeling I know more than a man with 80, after the first few thousands books I had read. Now - decades later - I am happy to be the same idiot like everyone else. So what do you do now? Will. you continue to eat the pill? With or without condom?

I don't have to anymore. But what would be the problem if I did? I still will never understand what these guys hope to get out of this or how they came to their conclusions.

Abstinence is archaic

Self control from what?

Maybe “making love” was the wrong term

How about “Sweaty, headboard crashing sex”

Humans do it. It is part of being human. It is also fun

Last edited:

Third time you are wrong

Sigh.

When I was young I had the feeling I know more than a man with 80, after the first few thousands books I had read. Now - decades later - I am happy to be the same idiot like everyone else. So what do you do now? Will. you continue to eat the pill? With or without condom?

I don't have to anymore. But what would be the problem if I did?

?

I still will never understand what these guys hope to get out of this or how they came to their conclusions.

Your "I still will never understand" I'm not able not understand. If you know you will never understand what you ask, what do you expect will happen if you ask? What about to ask another question in the category of the importance of this question? What about the question "Why are stars in the US-American banner and not smileys?" ?

Last edited:

Third time you are wrong

Don’t try to substitute the rhythm meathod for boric control

Catholics opposed condoms, the pill, IUDs and sterilization

Third time you are wrong

What's your problem? To be not a woman or to be not a Catholic? I did by the way not even know that we oppose sterilization - ¿do we really? - or what are IUDs at all. And I don't have any idea why so many people here like to speak about all this unimportant themes.

And condoms still help nearly nothing: Not in case to avoid pregnancy and I am convinced condoms helps also nearly nothing in case of HIV-infections - perhaps they are even counterproductive in this case.

Good in such a context are first of all all forms of stable partnerships - partnerships full of real love - and not a never ending change of sex partners.

Last edited:

Third time you are wrong

What's your problem? To be not a woman or to be not a Catholic? I did by the way not even know that we oppose sterilization - ¿do we really? - or what are IUDs at all. And I don't have any idea why so many people here like to speak about all this unimportant themes.

And condoms still help nearly nothing: Not in case to avoid pregnancy and I am convinced condoms helps also nearly nothing in case of HIV-infections - perhaps they are even counterproductive in this case.

Good in such a context are first of all all forms of stable partnerships - partnerships full of real love - and not a never ending change of sex partners.

I think you may not understand what we are discussing here.

The problem in this Country now is that so many ,” Religious Organizations,” do not want to pay for birth control for Employees through their Insurance and have been fighting it in Court. They claim it is against their faith. Yet they oppose abortion.

Birth control stops most abortions so it does not make sense to many of us.

One of the biggest law suits was by Hobby Lobby, a Crafts company. Yet that same company was just fined $3 Million for smuggling Iraq aerifacts into this country,labeled tiles and had to return them to Iraq.

In the case of the Catholic Church they oppose any form of birth control except the Rhythm method.

If anyone wants to add to this, feel free. This is what I see.

Third time you are wrong

Sigh.

When I was young after the first few thousands books I read I had the feeling I know more than a man with 80. Now - decades later - I am happy to be the same idiot like everyone else. So what will you do now? Will you continue to eat the pill? With or without condom?

Truthfully,after a lifetime of absorbing books from the time I was old enough to read and the Bookmobile from the Library stopped in front of my house every 2 weeks and allowed me 8 books I am still learning new things every day.:)

Third time you are wrong

¿"The only good senator McGain I ever saw will be dead"?

The problem in this Country now is that so many ,” Religious Organizations,” do not want to pay for birth control for Employees

What? Why should anyone pay for birth control for employees? One moment: Do you speak about abortion now? Do you call abortion "birth control"? In case of abortion a human being has to die.

through their Insurance and have been fighting it in Court. They claim it is against their faith. Yet they oppose abortion.

Now I get it. You spoke about "the pill". Here in Germany a young woman speaks about such problems with a doctor and they will decide. Nearly everyone here has a health insurance.

I'm not sure whether this form of logic is reasonable.

One of the biggest law suits was by Hobby Lobby, a Crafts company. Yet that same company was just fined $3 Million for smuggling Iraq aerifacts into this country,labeled tiles and had to return them to Iraq.

¿"Who pays not for birth control is criminal."?

In the case of the Catholic Church they oppose any form of birth control except the Rhythm method.

As far as I know the catholic church opposes no form of birth control - except condoms and the pill. And in this cases I guess much more than 90% of all Catholics think the clerics of the church don't know, what they are speaking about. And I don't have any idea what this "rhythm method" is - nor do I like to know now what it is. Sounds idiotic. My wife and I never had any problem in family planning without pill and without condoms.

I don't have any idea, how to translate the sentence before this last sentence into my own language. Whatever. ¿"The only good German I ever saw was dead"? ... ¿"The only good catholic church I ever saw was dead"? ... Perhaps indeed all political discussions in the anglo-american world follow this trivial scheme?

Last edited:

Third time you are wrong

Sigh.

Truthfully,after a lifetime of absorbing books from the time I was old enough to read and the Bookmobile from the Library stopped in front of my house every 2 weeks and allowed me 8 books I am still learning new things every day.:)

Wonderful. I read by the way today "superold people" (>100 years) don't have any common element - not genes, not jobs, nor money, might or anything else. They all were totally different - but they all were positive and curious.

Last edited:
Third time you are wrong

The problem in this Country now is that so many ,” Religious Organizations,” do not want to pay for birth control for Employees

What? Why should anyone pay for birth control for employees? One moment: Do you speak about abortion now? Do you call abortion "birth control"? In case of abortion a human being has to die.

through their Insurance and have been fighting it in Court. They claim it is against their faith. Yet they oppose abortion.

Now I get it. You spoke about "the pill". Here in Germany a young woman speaks about such problems with a doctor and they will decide. Nearly everyone here has a health insurance.

As far as I know the catholic church opposes no form of birth control - except condoms and the pill. And in this cases I guess much more than 90% of all Catholics think the clerics of the church don't know, what they are speaking about. And I don't have any idea what this "rhythm method" is - nor do I like to know now what it is. Sounds idiotic. My wife and I never had any problem in family planning without pill and without condoms.

I don't have any idea, how to translate the sentence before this last sentence into my own language. Whatever. ¿"The only good German I ever saw was dead"? ... ¿"The only good catholic church I ever saw was dead"? ... Perhaps indeed all political discussions in the anglo-american world follow this trivial scheme?

You are totally wrong in everything you answered.

Hobby Lobby does not pay for birth control. The Insurance company does.

I never said a word about abortion being a form of birth control. I said birth control prevents abortion.

Third time you are wrong

Maybe I can explain the Rythem method the Catholic Church approves of. There are certain times of the month a woman ovulates. They say avoid that.

And you are dead wrong that the Catholic Church approves of any kind of birth control,except what I just posted.

Most Catholics do not follow but the Church considers it a sin. Many old Evangelicals do the same. Hobby Lobby does, but they thought it was fine to smuggle artifacts out of Iraq until they were caught.

Third time you are wrong

Why do you defend the ALL-MALE gaggle that runs the Roman Catholic church? Yes. These morons oppose all forms of birth control, not only the pill and condoms. But they won't say what for, or their "logic" behind this. Of course effective birth control stops the need for abortions. No pregnancy, no abortion. Get it? The dumber bunch of protestants only dragged their religion into this to gain political support. Normal protestants aren't in this debate, just the garbage like the family that owns Hobby Lobby.

You are totally wrong in everything you answered.

Am I?

Hobby Lobby does not pay for birth control. The Insurance company does.

I never said a word about abortion being a form of birth control. I said birth control prevents abortion.

I answered "I'm not sure whether this form of logic is reasonable."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back